AN HOUR AGO Do guys like girls who wear makeup? http://t.co/6KjYr0Sxnk

1 HOURS AGO Make your own wickedly cool candied apple!: http://t.co/cZd847v8uS

2 HOURS AGO Come one, come all, on an adventure to Pennyroyal Academy!: http://t.co/ncbY7aPVGm

COMMENTS

Freshen up your eats

Here’s the recipe for a summer garden…in a snap!

Hey Girlies!!!

Join my club, Eat Right Feel Right!!! Not only will we trade tips on how to eat right, but we'll also trade delicious recipes, excerises, and how to up your self esteem!!!

by Sarah510 on 1/21/2013 12:15:33 PM

Water Mellon speeds the metabolism , for more tips check out my new club for weight loss and healthy living // caled Weight loss club// would love for new members to join

by 35sh7 on 7/24/2012 4:54:22 PM

Hey JoshHutchersonLover, you can snack on fruit salads, applesauce, pretzels, carrot sticks, rice cakes, popcorn, pickles and tortilla chips. Hope this helps!!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
Okay, so I really want to be a vegetarian. But the problem is, I cant eat nuts (including peanuts, almonds, and sunflower seeds). My mom doesnt want me to be a vegetarian until I can come up with some tasty, healty, good sources of protein that I could eat and could pack for school.
Any suggestions? Lynae P.

by JoshHutchersonLover on 7/11/2012 6:51:59 PM

Hey peaceandlove1010, I'm sure there has are some healthy foods you like. Jot down a list of all the fruits and veggies you're a fan of, and get your parents to buy them for you. Eating healthy doesn't have to mean eating disgusting. Get creative with your meals. You can combine all your fave fruits and make smoothies or try out veggie combos like celery and peanut butter or carrots and salad dressing. There are also healthy alternatives to tasty foods, like veggie pizza, sugar and fat free ice cream, diet soda, and baked potato chips. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Mod mod mod!
Help! I want to get healthy this summer and start eating right but the thing is... I'm a picky eater and most things I don't like are good for you... What should I do?? I'm super close to being over weight. Lynae P.

by peaceandlove1010 on 6/19/2012 5:57:48 PM

MODMODMODMOD!!!
I have been working out for about 2 months now. But i have seen no results Frown I think its because I'm not eating enough, and I am working out too much. I go for a 30-60 minutes jog in the mornings, and I have 1hr of competetive swimming in the evenings 4 days/week. What do I do? Should I do less exercise AND eat more? HELPPPPPP :O

hey! Talk to your doctor or gym teacher about a healthy fitness plan for you, but just from what you've told me, it seems like you should at least eat more, even if you work out the same amount. good luck!

Helen S.

by pinkcoconut on 6/18/2012 6:28:09 PM

Dear MOD,
During school and my 'normal routine' i am super active. I run track and cross country, and during school i have a practice every day for 1.5 hours. Recently i was told i need surgery on my hip and will be out of running for three months after surgery. its been about 4 months since so i will be out for a total of 7 months. I am freaking out about getting out of shape!! I am so used to eating whatever i want whenever I want cause i always run it off. I have a super fast metabolism, but im worried that if I eat how i eat when i play sports i will get really out of shape. I tried to break my eating habits but its really challenging and at this point i dont know what to do...please help if you can! I dont know how much i should cut my meals back and maybe i just need more motivation to eat less, I just dont know where to get it from.
Thanks sooo much and sorry its so long.
-Rach

Hey girl,

Try talking to your doc about what kind of movement you can still do while recovering from surgery. He will tell you your limits and if there is any kind of exercise you can still do. Though you can't run, you can probably still walk and walking every day can be just as beneficial an exercise. Since you won't be burning as many calories, you probably won't be as hungry! Hopefully you'll body will let ya know when enough is enough. Besides, you can still eat the same amount as long as it's healthy! Try munching on fruit or veggies when you get a craving!
Kelly G.

by rlitke13 on 6/13/2012 2:37:56 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I am hopefully making a new email adress..i want it to be creative and clever! But im having trouble thinking of one! i want it to have something to do with ballet! Any ideas?????
Thanks Mod!

Hey girl,

Why not ask your friends for inspiration since they know you better than anyone? Or ask your friends from ballet some clever ballet terms to use Smile

Meghan D.

by HaNnAh BaNaNa! on 6/8/2012 10:48:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I know that this is off topic but I have became a vegetarian and I have lost about 10 pounds (which is good) but know my period is late. It isnt ever right on 28 days but thats okay because I am still irregular with it, but it is later then it has been before. What should I do?????

Hey girl,

It's normal for your period to be irregular at first, but it never hurts to see a doctor to be safe. That way you can make sure you're getting the nutrition you need since becoming a vegetarian.

Meghan D.

by hermionelover on 6/8/2012 8:37:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm trying to get more healthy. I just started gaining weight for no reason!! Please help!

Hey girl,

We have tons of healthy recipes and workout ideas on our health and fitness channel! If you are gaining weight, try eating more vegetables and making sure you exercise regularly! http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Meghan D.

by Highschool1 on 6/8/2012 6:53:54 PM

Mod. Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
My moms nosy and I'm having a sleepover on the last day of school. Last time I had a sleepover my friend talked about her ex and my mom easdroped and heard!!! The next day she was all like " ur friend got dumped? That sucks did I know the boy? Shes being a tad dramatic dont you think?" my basement is competly unprivatet with no door. We gossip a lot! I can't go in the yard cause of raccoons and in my bedroom would be worse! She's SOOOO nosy!!!! What do I do?

Hey girl,

Instead of trying to run from your mom, it sounds like you should have a talk with her about why it's bugging you. She'd feel less hurt if you talked to her directly! Make a compromise, like that you'll fill her in on what's up with your friends if she gives you time alone at sleepovers.

Meghan D.

by gleek18 on 6/8/2012 6:34:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Recently, I've started gaining weight! I've always been stick skinny and I'm gaining weight in my stomach. I'm eating the same foods I always eat. What's going on and how do I start losing weight? Thank you!

Hey girl,

You might just be growing, which is normal, but if you're already eating healthy, try upping your workouts to stay fit!

Meghan D.

by Chick987 on 6/8/2012 5:53:35 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hEY GIRLIES!! MY NAME IS sUNNY. i am an advice queen. if yoou ever need any Help with anything i can help you.

Here is a list of some of the things that i can help you out with...

BOYS
SCHOOL
BFF TROUBLES
BIKINI BODY READY PLANS
TERAVEL TIPS
AND LOTS MORE.

JUST COME ON OVER TO MY PROFILE AND TYPE IN YOUR QUESTION AND I WILL GET BACKL TO U asap! <3

by Sunny4132 on 6/8/2012 1:03:26 PM

During the summer i don't see any of my friends and dont text them or anything except one who is a grade younger. I'm going to high school next year so its not likeill see them, but what are some fun things to do on my own or with my little sister who is a grade younger than me? and since none of them are going to the same high school as me, i don't want to start texting and hanging out with my friends. Thx

Hey girl!

I think you should still hang out with your friends in the summer, even though you'll be at different schools in the fall. It's always nice to keep in contact with friends from all different parts of your life. If you don't hang out with any friends, you'll probably get pretty bored pretty quickly! You and your sister can go swimming, shopping, on a walk or jog, to the movies, or mini-golfing. You could even find fun craft projects to do. Make your own cut-off jean shorts, tie dye, or cut up an old t-shirt.
Rachael A.

by kewauneegal on 6/8/2012 12:00:47 PM

Lol I don't need to grow corn in my backyard, I live in Indiana, we have enough corn to feed the whole country haha.

by gigglez77 on 6/8/2012 11:40:02 AM

MODMODMOD
Okay, so since summer has started, my parents have enrolled me a basketball camp. I've been to the camp a couple of years, and I HATE it. The coaches are mean, and the age range is huge, and the volunteers are highschoolers that make fun of us. I always feel intimidated when I go there, and it brings my confidence level down. I've tried talking to my parents about how I feel, but hey won't budge. I know what you will probably say - "It will be a good experience." but it won't be. Only one of my friends are going, and she is way better than me, and my other friend that may go isn't sure. The camp is 4 days long and 7 hours every day (CRAZY right!!?) How can I convince my parents to let me do something else, or how can I make this expeirence better than the ones in the past?

Hey girl!

Why don't you sit down and write out all of the reasons you don't enjoy the camp. Then sit your parents down and calmly explain the reasons. Learning new skills for a sport should be challenging, but also fun! You need to explain that concept to your parents. Think about some camps you'd like to do instead and suggest them to your parents. If they STILL won't budge, there are ways you can make your experience more positive. Try striking up a conversation with someone else who you're standing next to in a drill or game. Having a buddy can make the whole situation less intimidating. Tune out those high schoolers who are making fun of you guys. They just do it to seem cool. Even though the coaches are mean, try really listening to what they are saying. Although they might say it in a mean way, they probably know what they're talking about. It's only four days, so try using those days to improve as much as you can! Good luck!
Rachael A.

by basketball7 on 6/8/2012 11:12:13 AM

anyone ever tried fried okra? it's the best thing you will ever taste in your life! it might not be that healthy but it's sooooooooo good! a must try before you die

by opptop on 6/8/2012 9:45:59 AM

This is harder than it seems...

by topchef88 on 6/8/2012 9:38:11 AM

MODMODMOD
I have a major snacking prob. I'm always munchin' on a bag of chips, fruit snacks, a candy bar, etc. I read a few articles on here about such a problem, and I do what they suggest, but they never seem to help. Half way through a bag of chips, I'll be like, "Oh! I shouldn't be eating this junk." what should I do to nix this nasty habit?
Thanks in advance!

Hey girl!

One way to end this habit once and for all is to not keep any junk food around! Ask your parents to get rid of all the chips and sweets in your house and then head to the grocery store with them to pick out some yummy AND healthy new snacks. Instead of chips, try some whole grain crackers with hummus. You'll still get the salty taste and the crunch, but they'll be much better for you. Instead of fruit snacks have real fruit! It's totally OK to have a candy bar or sweets; the important thing is to eat these things in moderation. Have half a candy bar if you're craving it. Good luck!
Rachael A.