AN HOUR AGO Veg out with @lauramarano: http://t.co/lIm0EVnkX4

1 HOURS AGO RT @danimitchell3: #ootd #GLfashbash #fashbash Thanks Girl Life Magazine for the comfy shirt!!! #backtoschool @girlslifemag http://t.co/Wwopic.twitter.com/WwoPqWxTcW

2 HOURS AGO Consider these braces myths busted: http://t.co/OeysYpfhsF

COMMENTS

20 real girl tips for major bikini confidence

Boost your confidence faster than you can say "cannonball!"

mod mod mod
i am suppose to be in the car alot this winnter is their any good workout moves i can do in the car
i want a cute banndu (i hope i am spelling that right)top
and bottoms but i want the bottoms to be plane and the top to be crazy and the bottoms to be plane because it will make me look taller because i am 10 but almost 5 ft 1 in left
do u know of any cheap cute mineral oil/animal bi products free makeup (i recomend arbonne but i have been using that my whole life )
thx sry that was alot -Ava

Hey girl, not many things you can do in the car, but sit and relax. Maybe entertain yourself with some music and a movie. - Look in Forever 21 or PacSun, they have a lot of that kind of stuff. - Target has a lot of great brands. Clinique is also a great makeup brand.

lauren r.

by avagurl on 12/23/2012 12:02:34 PM

mod mod
1. my mom does not let me shave and i have a lot of leg hair and i have seen the post u put on but it did not help i really need to shave
2. my mom works for a makeup business and she does get discounts but never lets me wear make up and i am probally going to mexico this year and i want a cute look
3. i need a cheap cute bikini for spring i just need a place to get inspired
4. where is the bikini from in pic 14 it is so cute
Ava

Hey girlbeauty, sit her down and explain to her how uncomfortable your leg hair makes you. As a woman she'll be able to understand. You have some time to convince her to let you wear makeup for Mexico, so get started now making a list of all the reasons you want to wear it. Then pick out the best ones and tell them to your mom. For cute bikinis check out Delias, Garage, Forver21, WetSeal, Macys, BP at Nordstrom, Lulu's, JCpenny and Target. Not sure where the one in pic 14 is from but you should be able to find that style at one of those stores I listed. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by girlbeauty on 11/18/2012 11:20:15 AM

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by coolgal332 on 7/21/2012 6:17:22 PM

hey! im 5' 4 1/2'' and i feel great! im 120lbs, and wear bikinis! (except not to swim team practice) dont lose self confidence. you, rock, no matter what anyone else thinks

by loppyears12 on 7/10/2012 4:57:46 PM

mod mod
so i am 9 but all my friends are shaving and my mom always says no when ever i ask her but i have a pretty big amount of leg hair

Hey girl,

Check out this post for advice on that very topic! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/05/27/shaving-talk-with-mom.aspx?cp=all

Meghan D.

by girlbeauty on 7/6/2012 11:14:32 PM

mod mod
so i was wondering if their are any very tasty meals and heathy with no cows milk and gluten  so i i have been working out for months but i still loose only 1 or 2 pounds

Hey girl,

Cut yourself some slack! If you are working out and staying healthy, focus on that more than how much weight you are losing. And as for gluten-free and dairy-free meals, try substitutions like rye bread, veggie pasta or soy/almond/rice milk! Fruits and veggies are always dairy and gluten free, so reach for those next time you want a snack. Check out our recipe channel for tons more food ideas! http://www.girlslife.com/category/healthy-recipes.aspx

Meghan D.

by girlbeauty on 7/6/2012 11:11:23 PM

Mod mod
1 so I was wondering where you found picture 14s bikini
2 my mom works for a makeup company I have asked girlslife about this many times that she does not let me wear makeup that is not hers she always say NO
thx ava

Hey Ava,

I didn't write this article so I'm not sure Frown But you can get a similar turquoise bandeau bikini at Roxy! Check it out here.

The thing is, if she wants you to use her makeup, she probably has a good reason. Most likely, it's because she has a discount/gets them for free and it will help the family financially. I would try saving up your own money (allowance, presents, etc.) and asking her if you can spend your own cash on a different brand, just to test them all out. Tell her you like her brand but you also want to explore what else is out there, since you're just getting into makeup and want to try more than one type. If you're offering to pay, she might be more willing to say yes!
Lauren C.

by girlbeauty on 7/5/2012 6:04:41 PM

*MODMODMOD* I'm so sorry I'm asking a ton of questions but I'm so confused! Before this summer, I was a flat AA. Nothing to look at. But my boobs just exploded.Now, I'm a bursting D (almost a DD) and my cleavage spills out of anything I own. Nobody in my family is like this so my mom refuses to let me buy shirts with a low cut. So, I go around wearing small and VERY tight shirts with my cleavage spilling that make it seem like I'm showing off my boobs. A guy approached me at the mall and told me my cleavage was sexy and my boobs were huge. I was humiliated. So I secretly bought this tee with a low v-neck cut that let my boobs spill out because that hurts less than keeping them trapped inside. I could literally see guys getting physically "excited". It was disgusting. Nobody noticed me until this summer and I don't like this attention. How do I convince my mom that I need different kinds of shirts??

Hey babe,

I think if you just straight-out told her, she would understand.  If you just ask for lower cut shirts, to her it probably seems like you're just trying to show them off.  But if you talk it out with her and explain that your old shirts are uncomfortable and they make the situation even worse, she'll likely help you out.  I'm sure she's just as shocked by the sudden change as you are.  Maybe if you ask her to come with you and help you choose some shirts that wouldn't be too revealing, she might feel better about it.

Good luck!
Jordan S.

by FlyingChic on 7/3/2012 10:43:10 PM

mod mod
i have many questions
1. so i am always nevose about when ever i wear my bikini how the fat shows and i feel really bad i have been trying to eat and drink and stay active but i never loose weight
2.is miniral oil and animal by products bad for u
3.what are the types of waterproof makeup
thx -ava

Hey girl,

Check out our health&fitness section for some workouts! You can also buy a cute coverup to wear over your bikini if you're self-conscious, or you can try wearing a tankini that will help hide any unwanted stuff! I'm not sure about mineral oil and animal by-products being bad for you. Since I don't really have any info on the subject, unfortunately I can't be much help with that =/ you can always ask your doc! A variety of makeup brands have waterproof products. Personally, I use Revlon for waterproof mascara!
Kelly G.

by girlbeauty on 6/27/2012 11:37:46 AM

mod mod
i feel like i am fat and i am 100 pounds and only 9 i really want to burn fat fast
i have a second question my friends have gotten blonde highlights and i really want them and most of my friends got the 200 dollar ones and the ones that my mom gets are only 60 dollars and she can not pay for that

Hey! As long as you're eating enough and making good choices you should try not to focus so much on your weight. Second, talk to your mom about the hi lights and see what she's willing to get you. Good luck!
Helen S.