3 HOURS AGO Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/5YPicHugUv

5 HOURS AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes http://t.co/rxV4mmtlqo

6 HOURS AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

COMMENTS

High school runner helps member of other team to finish line

Would you give up the chance at winning a race to help someone on another school’s team cross the finish line?

that is so sweet and so inspiring. why can't every human being act like that.

by 19seagg on 10/6/2012 8:40:09 AM

Aww that is so sweet and nice!

by lovebeingme on 8/23/2012 10:02:27 PM

I think it's really nice that she helped the other team. I doesn't look like it was a really big meet, so I think it was a smart and selfless move to help her Smile I'm inspired.

by awesomecoolio31 on 7/13/2012 12:38:02 PM

I havent helped an athlete during a race but i had just finoshed A triathalon when another racer crossed the line. She had miscounted though and had another lap (600m) to go. I ran it with her

by Synchrostar on 7/11/2012 8:42:14 PM

I havent helped someone else during a race but i was doing a triathalon one time. I finished then about twenty seconds later another girl finished behind me. But she had miscounted and still had another lap (600) metres to go. So I ran with her the whole way.

by Synchrostar on 7/11/2012 8:36:17 PM

by Synchrostar on 7/11/2012 8:36:12 PM

i saw this on the news a couple of months ago. it was really inspiring. there needs to be more people like her around.Smile good job!

by <3watermelon<3 on 7/10/2012 9:10:03 PM

I'm a runner and that seems weird to me I know she was trying to be nice but cross country is meant for the people the can handle it and run long distances. The point is to be first.

by EddyKala on 7/9/2012 10:26:26 AM

Wow! That is really awesome and inspiring...

by uniquester on 7/6/2012 4:11:52 PM

*MODMODMOD* Okay, so around summer vacation, I umm.. matured. I'm no longer flat but I sort of wish I was. I got measured by VS and turns out, I'm a 36 C, almost a D!! Frown Before, I was an A!! I bought bras that fit me and they push them up so I have a lot of cleavage now.... When a close friend of mine asked me to come to a picnic, I agreed and when I arrived, the first thing they all did (including both boys and girls) was to stare at my body, mainly my boobs. I was wearing an old tight shirt because my mom refuses to buy me anything more open. So, whenever I bent over to tie my shoes or to reach for something, my cleavage would be popping out and attract the attention!! Also, because I'm not used to my new size, people take advantage of me. They ask me to pass something and I have to bend and when I look up, I find them staring. I don't want this and I never asked for it!! What should I do to keep both guys and girls from ogling?? I can't go around wearing a sweater in the summer!

Hey! I'm really sorry you have to go through this, but it's all part of the process of learning to love your body and also learning to stand up for yourself. Sure, there are things you could do to de-emphasize your chest, but the point is, just because you have larger breasts isn't an open invitation for other people to stare or do anything that makes you uncomfortable. The next time you see someone doing it, call them out on it. They only do it if they can get away with it, so you'd be blowing their cover and getting them to back off. If someone is trying to trick you into bending over, that is just unacceptable and you should tell an adult. However, since it's also important for you to feel comfortable in your own skin, the next time you get fitted at VS, specifically look for bras without padding that will fit comfortably. Their T-shirt bras are good like that I think. good luck and stay strong!

Helen S.