1 HOURS AGO Go behind the scenes of this year's #GLfashbash: http://t.co/qDH8tnIGJi

2 HOURS AGO Our girl, @lauramarano shows us why veggies are the http://t.co/pLtNniQ0l2: http://t.co/Zd1nuJDn4c

3 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 chatterboxes talk it out with @PantechMobile's Pantech Vybe: http://t.co/ISHwCBt5o7

COMMENTS

High school runner helps member of other team to finish line

Would you give up the chance at winning a race to help someone on another school’s team cross the finish line?

that is so sweet and so inspiring. why can't every human being act like that.

by 19seagg on 10/6/2012 8:40:09 AM

Aww that is so sweet and nice!

by lovebeingme on 8/23/2012 10:02:27 PM

I think it's really nice that she helped the other team. I doesn't look like it was a really big meet, so I think it was a smart and selfless move to help her Smile I'm inspired.

by awesomecoolio31 on 7/13/2012 12:38:02 PM

I havent helped an athlete during a race but i had just finoshed A triathalon when another racer crossed the line. She had miscounted though and had another lap (600m) to go. I ran it with her

by Synchrostar on 7/11/2012 8:42:14 PM

I havent helped someone else during a race but i was doing a triathalon one time. I finished then about twenty seconds later another girl finished behind me. But she had miscounted and still had another lap (600) metres to go. So I ran with her the whole way.

by Synchrostar on 7/11/2012 8:36:17 PM

by Synchrostar on 7/11/2012 8:36:12 PM

i saw this on the news a couple of months ago. it was really inspiring. there needs to be more people like her around.Smile good job!

by <3watermelon<3 on 7/10/2012 9:10:03 PM

I'm a runner and that seems weird to me I know she was trying to be nice but cross country is meant for the people the can handle it and run long distances. The point is to be first.

by EddyKala on 7/9/2012 10:26:26 AM

Wow! That is really awesome and inspiring...

by uniquester on 7/6/2012 4:11:52 PM

*MODMODMOD* Okay, so around summer vacation, I umm.. matured. I'm no longer flat but I sort of wish I was. I got measured by VS and turns out, I'm a 36 C, almost a D!! Frown Before, I was an A!! I bought bras that fit me and they push them up so I have a lot of cleavage now.... When a close friend of mine asked me to come to a picnic, I agreed and when I arrived, the first thing they all did (including both boys and girls) was to stare at my body, mainly my boobs. I was wearing an old tight shirt because my mom refuses to buy me anything more open. So, whenever I bent over to tie my shoes or to reach for something, my cleavage would be popping out and attract the attention!! Also, because I'm not used to my new size, people take advantage of me. They ask me to pass something and I have to bend and when I look up, I find them staring. I don't want this and I never asked for it!! What should I do to keep both guys and girls from ogling?? I can't go around wearing a sweater in the summer!

Hey! I'm really sorry you have to go through this, but it's all part of the process of learning to love your body and also learning to stand up for yourself. Sure, there are things you could do to de-emphasize your chest, but the point is, just because you have larger breasts isn't an open invitation for other people to stare or do anything that makes you uncomfortable. The next time you see someone doing it, call them out on it. They only do it if they can get away with it, so you'd be blowing their cover and getting them to back off. If someone is trying to trick you into bending over, that is just unacceptable and you should tell an adult. However, since it's also important for you to feel comfortable in your own skin, the next time you get fitted at VS, specifically look for bras without padding that will fit comfortably. Their T-shirt bras are good like that I think. good luck and stay strong!

Helen S.

by FlyingChic on 7/3/2012 6:29:02 PM

Do you know what? I am truly inspired by this girl and her selfless act. She could've had the chance to win but decided to help someone else. There are not a lot of girls on Earth like her and to see that just makes me smile. Girls if you act like this girl the world will thank you for it!

by FaithPetrowski on 6/24/2012 8:51:42 PM

I heard about this i the news. Major props. Smile

by FatDancingPanda on 6/23/2012 3:12:25 PM

Mod! Please Help!
This morning I was watching Dance Moms and my mom commented on how sweet Chloe's and her mom's relationship is. I want to have a close relationship with my mom. How can i do that? We have our moments but those turn into fighting and i hate it. Please help Cry

Hey girlie,

Try to take some deep breaths and stay calm when you feel tempted to fight with mom. Enjoy yourselves by doing something you both love: bowling, playing a board game, etc. Try to avoid situations that can turn stressful/really competitive, like shopping, working out, or video games. The more happy times you share with mom and the more you focus on growing closer to her, the better your relationship will be! <3 It sounds like she would love a closer relationship too, so she would probably be on board Smile
Lauren C.

by penguinstar on 6/21/2012 7:23:08 PM

Aww. How cute. Smile

by haileymonkey11 on 6/15/2012 11:30:37 PM

mod mod
i have NO clothes and my mom has no money and my dad says ask your mom to go shoping and i am not alowed to shop at justice,norstrom,macys and many more all because of money what should i do

Hey girl,

Try asking your parents if you can do extra work around the house (chores, cleaning, cooking etc.) to earn clothes. They will be more likely to give you stuff if you earn it!

Meghan D.

by girlbeauty on 6/15/2012 6:36:29 PM

I saw this on the news..

by Cartoon Kit-Kat on 6/15/2012 1:25:03 PM

yeah! she's from ohioSmile

by myfatsquirrel on 6/12/2012 2:15:06 PM

This girl is from my grandparents town. Its such a loving town and everyone knows the other, no surprise this happened there. LOVE YA WEST LIBERTY!!!!!!

by madrose on 6/12/2012 2:02:28 PM

That's great(:

by Music Is Life on 6/12/2012 1:27:26 PM

That's so awesome! I wish more people could be like her...

by oceangurl13 on 6/12/2012 12:32:25 PM

Hola Chicas! Join my Lana Del Rey Fans club! If you loooove Lana Del Rey... this is the club for u! Here we will talk about our favorite songs by her, how her fashion has inspired us, and how cool she is!

by artistchic99 on 6/12/2012 11:26:32 AM

I feel like a bad person...

by §♥greyson_chance♥§ on 6/12/2012 9:18:49 AM

a lot of stories exactly like that have happenned lately. They are all really awesome!

by Cowsrule11 on 6/12/2012 9:01:05 AM

I saw this a few days ago and again earlier today and was hoping you guys would post this! I love this story and think it was awesome!

by rainyseattlegirl on 6/12/2012 4:05:36 AM

That's so sweet! She did the right thing, that girl was probably very hurt and it's very good that the high schooler was able to help that girl cross the finish line as quickly as possible! What a true inspiration! God saw that and one day that girl will be rewarded for sure! Smile

by BabyDahl13 on 6/11/2012 10:43:55 PM

We need more girls like her in society.

by Lilylunapotter13 on 6/11/2012 10:41:26 PM

First of all, is this how you do the MOD thing, I'm not sure? Second, I tend to eat a lot of unhealthy snacks after school. And it's so hard to control. Does anybody have any advice????
I am really worried if I have a disorder or something.

Hey babe,

You could try two things.  Pour the snack into a dish so you don't keep reaching into the bag and losing track of how much you're eating.  Or you could trade out the unhealthy snacks for healthier options like fruits and veggies and whole grain or baked snacks.
Jordan S.

by I<3HungerGames1D! on 6/11/2012 10:32:40 PM

AWW SO NICE OF HER!!!

by j4zm09 on 6/11/2012 10:18:13 PM

I saw this a of couple days ago!! That girl is so inspirational and good-hearted, and it really shows that anyone can make a difference!

by fallsb-ball on 6/11/2012 9:15:40 PM

Go on my profile and look at my clubs that I have created. I have one for dance, and one about embarrassing questions. It would mean a lot for you to join.
A lil bit about my dance club: It is called ♥Live2Dance♥ and we talk about ALL things dance. Please join!
A lil bit about my embarrassing Q's club: It is called, Embarrassing Q's Club. If you have any questions that you would not like to ask a friend or family member, ask me! Any Q's about puberty, sex, sexuality, etc. Please join!

by PinkDancerBabe on 6/11/2012 9:04:49 PM

@carinaamina, same with our school! they are like, what the heck are you doing?!?!?! c'mon, win this thing! so, they'll die, so what?!

by girlscupcakespitbulls on 6/11/2012 8:49:09 PM

♩♫ ♪♬CALLING ALL DANCERS♬♪♫♩
♬ Hi there! Do you live to dance and dance to live? I do! If you are like me and love to dance, you should join my club, ♥Live2Dance♥ Go to my profile and join! I do tap, jazz, hip hop, and ballet dancing! ♬ Please join my club where we will talk about all things dance! ♡

RIGHT NOW WE ARE LOOKING FOR TREASURER, VP, DANCE TIP GAL, AND WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR A DANCE ADVICE GAL!

by PinkDancerBabe on 6/11/2012 8:40:42 PM

Sweet! Laughing That's so sweet! I agree it's the right thing to do. I would help someone if that happened too. Smile

by Princess Keziyah on 6/11/2012 8:04:27 PM

I saw that...... Kelly from fox news said she would help that girl if she needed anything.
She is an inspiration to us all.

by amileofroses on 6/11/2012 8:03:39 PM

that's awesome! People like her are what makes the world a better place!

by honeycakes on 6/11/2012 8:00:34 PM

I was at the meet watching my sister. that race was the highlight of my day bc it was the most thoughtful act of kindness ive ever seen!

by FairyKari on 6/11/2012 7:53:57 PM

That is amazing! This reminds me of what happened in the movie Cars, remember?

by music&dancing on 6/11/2012 7:23:28 PM

I saw that in the news! thats so sweet of her, even though she probably kenw that she might get disqualified for it... great job girlie (:

by niallove45251 on 6/11/2012 6:40:34 PM

My school would kill me if I did that...

by carinaamina on 6/11/2012 6:39:37 PM

It's people like this that make me smile!

by sprinklz28 on 6/11/2012 6:37:59 PM

I was there! Laughing

by fungirl123 on 6/11/2012 6:34:10 PM

aww what a compassionate person! thats really inspiring Smile

by tswiftluver13 on 6/11/2012 6:30:15 PM

we need more of thoose kind of people in the worldSmile

by iluvpiggles on 6/11/2012 6:29:54 PM

Awesome! Laughing She's so nice! Most people wouldn't do that because all they care about is winning.

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 6/11/2012 6:05:37 PM

If only everyone in the world would do that... People are seriously too competitive these days!

by AlwaysDreamer on 6/11/2012 5:54:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Please answer this it's really important!! So, I accidentally reported balletchic's post. I meant to press comment, but I pressed report. What should I do? I don't wanna get her kicked off the site! She didn't do anything wrong! Don't kick her off!! Please! I'm really worried and I have a stomach ache! Please answer ASAP!! Thanks!

hey! I don't see her in the "reported" section, so i think everything's fine. If it comes up though, I'll be sure not to kick her off, so don'r worry Smile

Helen S.

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 6/11/2012 5:22:01 PM

Great job, girly!!! I did something like that - I was at a diving meet and it was really like 1\10th of a point close between me and another girl and the other girl broke her ankle and couldn't compete. I've won plenty of diving meets ; so why did I need to win another??? So I dove for 9er, and did a perfect dive that scored a 9.998. ''average'' score in diving is a 4, maybe a 5. 6 and 7 are super good??? 8 amazing. So practically a 10??? I felt so good helping her win the meet and she deserved it.

by Sarah510 on 6/11/2012 4:47:06 PM

It really keeps me happy that people still do good things in the world. Smile

by gigglez77 on 6/11/2012 4:23:46 PM

That's really nice Smile We need more people like that in the world.

by topchef88 on 6/11/2012 4:23:44 PM

Aww that is so sweet! I wonder why they WOULD have been disqualified though?!

by rissa99 on 6/11/2012 4:19:50 PM