8 HOURS AGO RT @Fanlala: See what questions @PeytonList answered yesterday for @girlslifemag! http://t.co/YwPnWyG3Ra

12 HOURS AGO Play up your pony with this runway trick: http://t.co/0g7gDEHONT #GLBeauty

13 HOURS AGO These pretty playmakers offer unlimited outfit options—which is what we all need, right? Win @OfficialNFLShop gear: http://t.co/enRZCWDOfv

COMMENTS

Why we heart sleep

7 reasons you still need your beauty sleep…

Next year i m going 2 a high school an hour away so i will have to get up @ 5:00 to get ready and stuff. What time do you reccoment=d that I go to bed. I was thinking between 8:30 and nine and i won't drink coffee to keep me awake unless i have to. Thx.

Hey Girl!

Sounds like a good plan. Get between 7 and 9.5 hours of sleep a night and you'll be good.

good luck with high school!

SImone s.
simone s.

by kewauneegal on 6/12/2012 9:21:16 AM

Mod Mod Mod...
Does getting like eight hours of sleep affect your period? Also does sleep help cramps? Thanks a ton!

Hey Girl,

getting enough sleep will make your entire body feel better. Enough sleep may also help regulate your period.

Simone s.
simone s.

by Cowsrule11 on 6/12/2012 8:56:08 AM

I fall asleep at like eleven at night and don't wake up till ten in the morning. (Sometimes later.) So eleven or more (sometimes a little less) hours of sleep? I think I'm doing good! Laughing

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 6/11/2012 10:33:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MO DM OD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!
So, I haven't been bullied (at least not yet), and I feel kinda guilty. I mean, I see all these stories about bullying and stuff, and it makes me feel really bad for them, but I feel like I can't feel sorry about it unless I have been bullied. I probably sound like a complete idiot right now, but it's true.

Hey babe,

Just because you haven't experienced something firsthand doesn't mean that you can't feel compassion toward people who have.  It's better to not understand and care than to not understand and not care either.

Jordan S.

by PinkDancerBabe on 6/11/2012 9:11:05 PM

♩♫ ♪♬CALLING ALL DANCERS♬♪♫♩
♬ Hi there! Do you live to dance and dance to live? I do! If you are like me and love to dance, you should join my club, ♥Live2Dance♥ Go to my profile and join! I do tap, jazz, hip hop, and ballet dancing! ♬ Please join my club where we will talk about all things dance! ♡

RIGHT NOW WE ARE LOOKING FOR TREASURER, VP, DANCE TIP GAL, AND WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR A DANCE ADVICE GAL!

by PinkDancerBabe on 6/11/2012 8:46:30 PM

I have 9-10 hours of sleep!!!!

by amileofroses on 6/11/2012 8:19:16 PM

Please join my club, Queens of Hearts <3! boys, fashion, friendship, life, beauty, fitness and more! We have 30 members and we'd love to have you too! Please join! Smile

by honeycakes on 6/11/2012 8:09:49 PM

This will be the first time that I'm going to overnight camp, and I'm scared! It will only be two nights, but I'm NOT a good sleeper. Examples: Go to bed late, wake up early, takes a long time to fall asleep......So, where I'm going, they say lights out at 9:00, and me and my cabin buddy, are going to wake up at 5:00 Am, so we're not stuck in the line for showers. It will also be my first time sleeping out of family's houses. I AM SCARED! Do you have any tips for homesickness, or getting to sleep faster? books and tv and such aren't an option.
Thanks!

Hey! I actually went to a month long sleep away camp for years ( and was a counselor) so I think I can help Smile My experience has been that getting to sleep is not a problem for most girls. You'll be active all day and by the end all you'll want is to sleep. As for homesickness it's best to " live in the present." at camp. If you focus on all the fun you're having, you'll miss home less. I guarantee it Smile
Helen S.

by georgetownroad on 6/11/2012 7:24:13 PM

MOD! I try to sleep as quickly as I can and have a routine. Pajamas on, watch a TV show, go to my room, say good nights to everyone, lay down and try to sleep. But I end up taking like 1,2, or 3 hours just laying there. And I can't sleep without my radio music on, so that's not an option. By the way, I'm 9 years old.

Helen S.

by briannam911 on 6/11/2012 7:08:13 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!! I am 12 years and 6 months old. I am 5'1 and 114 pounds. I feel a little fat so I run on the treadmill 5 times a week. I run for 45 minutes on 5.5 speed. The problem is that my mom says too much running will make me stop growing. Is that true? I'm only running to lose weight and stay fit. My mom says to run only 3 times a week but I don't think thats enough. I want to get a good bikini bod for the summer but I don't want to run only 3 times a week. Does running make you stop growing? I also do workouts you reccomend in the workout category. Does the workouts make me stop growing? Thanks! xx

Hey! I'm not sure that your mom is right about that, but the safest way to get a good answer is to ask your doctor. But I guess I sort of agree with your mom, in that running too much to get a certain type of look isn't that interesting of a way to spend your time. don't think about dropping pounds to meet a deadline. instead focus on having a healthy lifestyle year round with moderate exercise and a balanced diet. You may not drop weight in two weeks, but that's the way to maintain the right weight for your body. at girl's life we promote the idea that a healthy you is the most beautiful you there is.

Helen S.