12 HOURS AGO Don't get rid of your summer shorts yet! Style 'em into fall with these tricks: http://t.co/Xp7R765Nre

13 HOURS AGO A clean closet = a happy closet. A happy closet = tons of awesome outfits. Here's your plan: http://t.co/hwsRJ4DMlC

14 HOURS AGO Fashionable nails that – wait a minute—yep, have to do with school: http://t.co/OpeFgHDtgG

COMMENTS

Why we heart sleep

7 reasons you still need your beauty sleep…

MODMODMOD:
Hey you guys! I just wanted to let you all know that not all of us GL members are aloud to wear bikinis! My parents are divorced, and my Dad lets me wear a bikini but my mom doesn't! Whenever someone thinks about swimsuits on this website, the first thing they think about is bikinis and looking good in your bikini/ having a good 'bikini bod' this summer! Its mentioned 2 times in the article ALONE! I just don't like how basically all of your featured suits are bikinis! I'm 11, and i wont be getting a bikini with my mom for the next year or two. Also, I wanted you to know that you talk about girls having a good bikini bod WAYYYY too much! I know you appreciate girls and all their differences, and how they're all beautiful, etc, but i think it might be pressuring some girls into thinking they have to look good in their bikini this summer. I still love y'all but these things annoy me sometimes!

Hey! I totally understand, and agree with you in a lot of ways. Thanks for your comment, we really appreciate your feedback.

Helen S.

by ostar21 on 6/11/2012 5:48:49 PM

@ Sarah510: Light signals alertness to your body, so don't use electronics with screens an hour before bed. Don't exercise or consume caffeine three hours before bed. Lowered internal body temperature signals sleepiness to your body. Taking showers, as the mod mentioned, is a good way to do this. Weirdly enough, so is putting on socks. You can also lower the temperature in your room and use warm blankets. Good luck!
Have any questions about your body ? Need advice? Just want to chat? Join my club, Sex Ed! Real girls have real conversations! Officer positions are still open! Helen S.

by peaches and raspberries on 6/11/2012 5:29:14 PM

@Sami_McDoodle
that awkward moment when i agree, cuz i did the EXACT same thing... lol

by red716 on 6/11/2012 5:16:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I have a problem. I'm 11 years old and I don't feel totally well rested unless I sleep for 12 hours. I wake up at 6:00 every morning for school so to get 12 hours of sleep i'd have to go to bed at 6:00 PM. I'd feel like a baby! What do you think I should do?

Hey! You should work on staying energized throughout the day. Eat balanced, nutritional meals that will give you the right amount of energy, and drink lots of water. If you're really struggling, find times to take 10-20 minute naps to refresh yourself, and if none of this works, talk to your doctor for more information about healthy sleep habits Smile

Helen S.

by bayleesaysrawr on 6/11/2012 5:07:21 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I get about 8 hours of sleep and I'm 11 years old. I climb into bed ; lights off ; PJ's on ; ect. ready to get a 10 - 11 hour sleep. And then it takes me, like, 2 or 3 hours to fall asleep!!!

Hey girl!

I'm sure that can get pretty annoying that it takes forever to fall asleep! Try reading a book or magazine before bed. It will calm your thoughts and relax you. You could also try showering right before bed; it's another good way to relax. If this problem persists, ask a parent or doctor for some advice!
Rachael A.

by Sarah510 on 6/11/2012 4:49:33 PM

Haha,I remember that every single school year before middle school my teachers would ask the class what you wanted to do over the summer.I remember people saying that allthey wanted to do was sleep all summer long and I thought that they were absolutely crazy.once when this school year started I completely understood what they meant.

by snowver11 on 6/11/2012 4:31:59 PM

that awkward moment when I stayed up all night last night....

by Sami_McDoodle on 6/11/2012 4:28:50 PM