6 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

9 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

10 HOURS AGO Color-changing nail polish just may be the coolest thing ever: http://t.co/sJVrKrDBFm

COMMENTS

Massachusetts town prohibits cursing in public

Whipping out a four-letter word is gonna cost you…

What a weird thing, everyone knows swearing is inappropriate but who are the swear police, just sounds weird.

And isnt Massachusetts the same state where some schools are now giving condoms to middle schoolers.

by luckykel on 6/19/2012 12:31:44 PM

No, smileitsjulia, the bartender cannot call the police, in one article I read on the matter, the police cheif said that police officers will not be scouting for profane language, but if they overhear it the fine will be enforced. This article is a breif overveiw on the subject and should not be use the base a entire opinion. Also some parents don't need to "learn to be better parents" the language is picked up watching televison, i hope nobody says "Well, parents should further constrict what we watch." Throughout our lives we will be exposed to others bad habits, and our parents won't always be able to say "Thats a no-no." Look up the town, trust me it's all over the news and internet.

by PANDAS616 on 6/17/2012 8:39:16 PM

Commenting again. If the town was so "overun with swears" then adults should learn how to be better parents and not let their children just wonder the town so they could "scare away customers"

I agree with @hockeyismylife. Lets say I'm 21 and at a bar with fellow adults. If I swear, is the bartender going to call the cops, and I'll have to pay the fine? This is stupid.

by smileitsjulia on 6/17/2012 10:59:08 AM

I have relatives in Middleborough and when I came to the North to visit I was disgusted. I hope ya'll realize that the law is not fringing with your freedom of speech, but preventing verbal abuse! My cuz' who lives there thinks the law is great because the town is overrun with swears! Also my aunt and uncle called and said their was a town meeting with a vote, so the town is mostly pleased with the law. I think ya'll should research the circumstance further until you voice your opinion, because it really is good for the town!

by PANDAS616 on 6/16/2012 9:32:16 PM

Okay I 've already made my point but... I have to totally disaggree with @fungirl123. You can easily make your point "stronger " without having to cuss. And Im pretty sure someone could express their anger without using "dumbo " and still make their point and still be taken serously. I learned in church that your personality comes a lot from how you act and how you speak. So you wanna be a nice person?? Speak nice words. Wanna be a "cool " person? Well then speak how all the "cool " people are speaking. And people, stop freaking out. If you don't live in Middleborough then stop sweating it. You're town doesn't ban swearing so stop freaking out about this ONE town that does. Sorry if I'm being a little rude but I, like everyone else, felt like I needed to make my point.

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 6/16/2012 7:31:34 PM

I feel that this law is slightly ridiculous. Swearing around young children is inappropriate, but adults should have the decency to watch what they're saying around kids. Though there are some places where swearing is disrespectful, such as a family restaurant, are you going to tell people that they are breaking a law by swearing in a bar where there is only adults? If someone is cussing in a public place they can simply be asked to stop by a worker or to leave if their behavior continues.

by hockeyismylife on 6/16/2012 4:28:29 PM

Ok I don't think you should you should have to pay a fine if u cuss but cussing WRONG and u shouldn't do it. It is stupid and immature

by abbyglow500 on 6/16/2012 3:19:28 PM

We ARE joking, correct? I live in MA, and our laws can be a bit ridiculous at times, but this is down right unconstitutional! Swearing is not classy, at all, but that does not mean you can tell us we can't do it. We have a right to freedom of speech, and telling us what we can and cannot say in public is going directly against it. If this law comes to my town, I will probably just break it. This is an infringement on my rights, and I refuse to follow it.

by smileitsjulia on 6/16/2012 12:29:39 PM

I live in middleborough ma. And I am in the eight grade. I agree with the law but most kids at school make jokes about it. Like for example kids on the bus will be swearing and then they'll be like how much money am I up to now... $200? I feel the route of my beloved towns swearing problem is the teens, so instead of making laws they should find a way to stop teens and Tweens from swearing in the halls and on the bus!

by Madbonz6 on 6/16/2012 10:09:43 AM

Oh my god, I'm all for don't cures in front of littlie kids... but god! don't you think paying for curesing is a little much?D!

by acppb26 on 6/16/2012 9:50:36 AM