AN HOUR AGO Which British babe is your perfect match? Take the quiz now: http://t.co/PjkKIrbsRW

2 HOURS AGO Kick it with Annabelle as she bags the boy of her dreams in this new must-read: http://t.co/6TZzIKF99Y

2 HOURS AGO So excited to hang with @PeytonList today! What questions do you want us to ask? #peytonlist #GLpeyton

COMMENTS

Massachusetts town prohibits cursing in public

Whipping out a four-letter word is gonna cost you…

freedom of speech does not just mean you can have an opinion and speak it, it also includes words.let people have their freedom! Meghan D.

by opptop on 6/16/2012 12:33:16 AM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! this is terrible now freedom of speech is being violated! yes swearing is not classy and i don't believe in it but i still have a right to do it. and you guys are supporting it. stop being so "goody two shoes" and stand up for your rights!

by opptop on 6/16/2012 12:25:57 AM

MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!
Hey I live in one of the most boring places on Earth and the only things to do around here is walk. I want to know what summer activities I could do at home.

Hey Girl,

Do you have any friends near by? Why not do some cool DIY crafts? Or check out a bunch of books? Learn how to play guitar? Practice your headstand? There's a thousand things you can do from home.

have fun!
simone s.

by transform2314 on 6/14/2012 2:34:37 PM

That is a great idea, but might be hard for some people. I think that the law enforcers should be lenient at first, then get stricter as people get better. Some might see this as an obstruction of free speech, but is there really anything good that comes from cursing? We, as civilized people, should surely be able to express ourselves calmly and kindly, without scaring other people.

by ceahorse on 6/14/2012 12:04:18 PM

I think swearing and cursing sounds really nasty coming out of people's mouths, especially the way a lot of teen's cuss these days. I understand why Massachusetts would want to prohibit cursing in public because it's unnecessary and sometimes disturbing to others. However, people make a strong case against prohibiting it to because of freedom of speech. Overall, I think it's appropriate because of children in public!

by bonbon7810 on 6/14/2012 11:29:12 AM

Mod Mod Mod Mod!
I want to begin baby sitting on my street because there's a lot of kids and I want to earn some money. The problem is that I have soccer Mon-Thurs evenings, I might be gone some weekends to visit my grandparents, I'll be gone 3 weeks in July for a church camp, and in august my family is going on a mission trip for two weeks. I don't really have anyone who they could recommend them to either. I don't want be undependable and turn many people down. What should I do? Should I still babysit? Or put up fliers with only my available times? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

I think it's a great idea to put up flyers with your available times!
Jordan S.

by SummerButterflies on 6/13/2012 11:51:09 PM

I thinks it's a good and bad idea. I mean, I don't like it when people cuss. It just makes the shop or place their in look bad....BUT it does take away free speech rights

by myfatsquirrel on 6/13/2012 10:37:40 PM

That is not a fair punishment. I mean it is free speech. There cannot be a law which says when and how you should curse. I'm not saying that cursing is good but I'm just saying that you can't just restrict people from expressing themselves. They are contradicting the Bill of Rights which state free speech. That is not something just anybody will stand for. The people of Massachusetts should speak up.

by transform2314 on 6/13/2012 10:08:37 PM

This is a good idea, but its going to be hard for a couple of people with potty mouths...lol.

by MusicTaughtMeHowToLive on 6/13/2012 9:59:18 PM

I'm glad their doing this no cursing thing. Nobody likes a bunch of rude teenagers yelling at u and saying dirty things while ur trying to shop...

by kaymalu on 6/13/2012 9:21:34 PM