1 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

2 HOURS AGO 5 fab beauty uses for tea tree oil: http://t.co/IFbME5OIxt

3 HOURS AGO 20 fun & flirty ways to connect with your crush: http://t.co/vCYuNzJLBN

COMMENTS

Massachusetts town prohibits cursing in public

Whipping out a four-letter word is gonna cost you…

I agree. People are able to express themselves just fine without the cursing. I think that it is still a little bit irrational, but I do not make their laws. I would just like to add that not everyone needs to curse, or even the people who do. It is dirty and uncalled for.

by cupcake53 on 6/13/2012 12:33:17 AM

i think this is wrong. swearing aloud in public place like restaraunt or something isnt cool, but they can just kick the person out. making laws against swearing isnt okay. people can ignore it in the streets. but in a store or dinner place or whatever, if someone is continually swearing loudly, they could just be asked to leave

by girlivinginclouds on 6/13/2012 12:14:24 AM

This is defiantly unconstitutional. The United States was made for freedom of religion, freedom of speech. And to get away from high tariffs. All of these things are practically being revoked and no one cares. Everyone has a right to say what they please. America is a place for free people we should speak as we please as long as it does not harm another individual psychically.

by HockeyLuver on 6/12/2012 11:29:56 PM

THIS. IS. AWESOME! I'm a huge stickler against swearing. I even wrote my oral interp speech focusing on modesty through your speech. In the end, there is nothing that you can ever gain by cussing, just loose. I think Massachusetts is doing the right thing and looking out for its people.

by zwinky on 6/12/2012 10:39:12 PM

People can still express themselves without swearing. Therefore, the "no swearing" thing is not unConstitutional. You can still say what you want, but you need to think about your words more. Which will probably bring down the number of teens who say what the swearing actually means. Kids at my school regularly swear, but they sometimes don't know what the swear word actually means, because they use the words really poorly. Some kids swear every other word, showing that they have very limited vocabularies.

by Irishdancerzrule on 6/12/2012 10:36:41 PM

I think that that is ridiculous. I don't swear but I don't think they need to make a law against it. They should just talk to the teens about the issue. They probably just don't realize the trouble they're causing. Simply talking to the naughty teens would be a better solution than going to all the trouble of arresting people for it.

by Glitterheart16 on 6/12/2012 10:26:25 PM

I agree with this law completely. Freedom of Speech I think is more based on having our own opinions and being able to say and express our opinions in public. Cursing on the streets isn't cool. Curse in private I mean people shouldn't curse at all and saying these words around children is really inconsiderate, what if a child starts repeating those words. People need to learn their lesson for screaming curse words (especially the f word) like normal words because what is it showing people? That we are dirty mouth children. I never curse and no one should. People should be allowed to leave their homes without having to hear people swear. Citizens have a right to be leaving their house, walk down their street and being comfortable with words people say around them. This is a good law and I completely agree.

by BabyDahl13 on 6/12/2012 10:25:58 PM

That's a terrible law! Has anyone in Middleborough ever heard of freedom of speech? The government, whether it's state or federal, just keeps on getting more and more up in our business as citizens, and I really can't stand it anymore! Are we ever going to actually have the rights "guaranteed" to us in the Constitution? Goodness, please just give us our freedom!

by st8cfab on 6/12/2012 10:22:31 PM

Okay, to all the people saying that swearing isn't wrong, it is. No one, under ANY circumstances, should be swearing. Surely you can find better language than that? I understand the First Amendment completely. And, if the First Amendment is still in effect, why are we called racist for saying something about an African American, I have nothing against them, I'm just proving my point. Why was someone thrown in jail for asking Obama where he was born? No one is up in arms about that, but everyone goes nuts when swearing is banned. Swearing is considered by some to be disturbing the peace, if done loudly in a public place. It should be banned. Would you seriously want toddlers to hear that? Why is everyone obsessing over the First Amendment when it doesn't even apply anymore? We don't have freedom. If we did, we'd have freedom of speech, we'd be able to speak of God in schools. The constitution SHOULD have God in it! Please people, try to see the big picture before commenting on this.

by Aislinn120 on 6/12/2012 10:12:54 PM

Maybe they could post signs in front of stores saying "Please watch your language" or the store managers could come and ask the teenagers to stop and keep the swearing to a minimum? If it's just teens who are causing the problems, then it's just that they're immature and need to be taught to watch their language. Everyone slips once in a while, and what that town is doing is a violation of freedom of speech. Sure society is bad, but what is so bad about it is violence and other stuff, and swearing doesn't determine all of society's problems.

by fallsb-ball on 6/12/2012 10:01:53 PM