AN HOUR AGO Bring summer camp to your kitchen with this recipe for s'mores bars: http://t.co/KiwKQgIIrS

2 HOURS AGO Feeling pressured by your BF? @carol_weston weighs in: http://t.co/ep8EtKNgT5

3 HOURS AGO Hey #DMV divas, snag stellar internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/lC3tGfESmN

COMMENTS

Massachusetts town prohibits cursing in public

Whipping out a four-letter word is gonna cost you…

hmm.. i wonder if Massachusetes has ever heard the phrase "freedom of speech" what ever happened to it? its so stupid, they think that they will be able to stop this. im not dissing on the ppl who made the law, but its like thinking you can stop ppl from THINKING the words. i dont think little kids should curse, but i dont like the law. its pathetic. hate me if you want, but thats my opinion. ahem, once again... FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

by red716 on 6/12/2012 9:05:58 PM

the city has no right, we are free to say what ever the heck we want to but maybe we should keep the swearing down to a minium.

by gingeriscute22 on 6/12/2012 8:58:31 PM

All right seriously? I'm not the biggest fan of cursing, but I still do it when necessary or if I feel like it. The First Amendment says freedom of speech, so I don't think that it is fair to get arrested for cursing. People can say what they want. You can sue if the police arrests you for telling them to f off or whatever, and this will happen so many times that the law will have to be overturned.
Like said before, little kids shouldn't be cussing and stuff, but if you're a teenager, then you have rights, but just be considerate of what you're saying in front of a kindergartener.
SMH at America. We're so bad at keeping the laws.

by Noellastarr0206 on 6/12/2012 8:57:17 PM

Thats not fair, what if it slipes out? Sure kids, teens, even adults shouldn't curse, but thats no reason to throw some one in jail, or make them pay a fine of $who-knows-how-many!! It's there mistake that they gave up freedom of speech!!!! FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE OUT! <3

by PEACEPINKY on 6/12/2012 8:29:32 PM

I think thats awesome and wish they would do that everywhere, sorry guys who think that thats wrong to fine people, but it should be stopped. You obviosly don't know how bad society is if you think that this is wrong. Swearing is actually a really bad problem someplaces, and doesn't help the economy either.

by lollipop68 on 6/12/2012 8:22:19 PM

I think this isn't a bad law. Call me a good-girl, a suck-up, too young, whatever I want, but here's my theory.
People can swear during private convos all they want, but teens smoking and swearing in public places is not-so-cool. It's a big problem in some places! I was at the park with my brother and some boys in the corner swore. My brother is four, and was three at the time. While this is encroaching on destroying freedom of speech, swearing is not cool. Not cool. Helen S.

by Lilylunapotter13 on 6/12/2012 8:21:17 PM

What. What even is this.

by peaches and raspberries on 6/12/2012 7:57:49 PM

ONE PART OF ME SAYS: WELL WHAT HAPPENED TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH? BUT WHEN I THINK OF IT WE DON'T HAVE OUR RIGHTS 'TILL WE ARE 18 UNLESS WE HAVE OUR 'RENTS PERMISSION. THE OTHER PART OF ME SAYS: SERIOUSLY NOW A DAY PEOPLE ARE CURSING EVERYWHERE. WE ARE TEACHING LITTLE KIDS THAT CURSING IS GOOD. I KNOW AT LEAST 5 KIDS UNDER 7 YEARS OLD THAT CURSE (NOT GOOD). BUT SERIOULY ARRESTING SOMEONE FOR SAYING A BAD WORD IN PUBLIC IS AN EXAGERATION! I SEE ARESTING SOMEONE FOR STEALING, KIDNAPPING, ECT. IS OK BUT CURCSING?!

by vv707 on 6/12/2012 7:53:30 PM

That's stupid, freedom of speech. Helloooo?! I'm sure all of the girls supporting the law don't curse, but the government can't take away your words. I hope my city never does this.

by fireworks1071 on 6/12/2012 7:52:58 PM

I think this is a dumb law. I get that some people are offended by cursing, but you have the right to curse if you want to. This is a blatant violation of free speech, and I think that they should not be able to get away with this law.

by supersingershannon on 6/12/2012 7:36:55 PM