15 HOURS AGO Don't get rid of your summer shorts yet! Style 'em into fall with these tricks: http://t.co/Xp7R765Nre

16 HOURS AGO A clean closet = a happy closet. A happy closet = tons of awesome outfits. Here's your plan: http://t.co/hwsRJ4DMlC

17 HOURS AGO Fashionable nails that – wait a minute—yep, have to do with school: http://t.co/OpeFgHDtgG

COMMENTS

Steal Taylor Swift's look for under $10!

With products this cheap, you will be donning this look on dates, parties, and summer concerts galore. Trust!

i would love to try this! i REALLY need a dif look Smile

by amanda16 on 9/2/2012 6:28:45 AM

I love Taylor Swift and only $21 that is some of the best prices to look like that!!! Now I can look like a Hollywood star!!

by samo11 on 8/20/2012 2:33:45 PM

I'm not buying the mascara. I'm not allowed to wear it.
So if the entire look costs $26 (u lied to me. How could you?)
And the mascara itself costs $5, I'll only have to pay $21.
Aw yeah

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/13/2012 6:41:18 PM

shes such a good role model, she helps lots of charities Meghan D.

by peace77824 on 8/3/2012 11:39:43 PM

Ooh, I would love to have all that stuff, and I love how reasonably priced all those things are!

by cheetah#1 on 7/25/2012 9:19:43 PM

i love Taylor Swift She is my favorite hollywood star thanks so much for showing her makeup tips

by donna1 on 7/20/2012 1:36:54 PM

People! If you adore makeup like me, join my club miss makeup diva please!! Positions open!!! Also join my club in and out! Everything about fashion and shoes> Postions available!

by mommy's girl on 7/18/2012 4:48:02 PM

Thanks Lynae!! You've been a big help! Smile

by kaceyjustine on 7/17/2012 4:07:01 PM

Hey kaceyjustine, Taylor’s hairstyle with the bang would be cute, long layers, soft curls would work. Don’t forget buns, braids, and ponytails. For makeup go for dark green, brown, tan, black eyeshadow, mascara and light pink lipgloss. Experimenting with different colors will really show you what works for you.

by Lynae P. on 7/14/2012 3:36:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hi! I have medium brown colored hair, blue/green/gray eyes, an oval/square face shape, and a skin tone between pale and tan. My hair is naturally curly. What hairstyle would be best for me? What makeup would be best for me? Lynae P.

by kaceyjustine on 7/14/2012 1:55:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD so i was talking to my friends on the phone and then they started talking about boys and theywere like keep quiet you dont need to put my buisness out there would you want me to put your buisness out there and they onyl said that becasue I was on the line so i guess they told each other who they like but they wouldnt tell me, why? were like really close friends and it hurts me to know that they cant trust me with that info. I dont go around telling their buisness and i tell them a lot about my life and i trust them its just like y dont they trust me? Am i overreacting? Ive always had this thing where i hate when people talk about things in front of me ina way i dont understand and they dont tell me like what was the point of you talking about it knowing that im curious. Now im curious but i doubt theyre gonna tell me. Were really good friends, but out of the 3 of us im defintly the most shy& quiet one. I just wanna know why they wont tell me? sofeel like im loosing toch w/

Hey Girl--

I'm sorry your friends are making you feel left out. Have you ever told them about a crush of yours? They may feel like they have more to lose since they've both shared their crushes but you haven't. I know it's annoying but just try to talk about other things. Hopefully they'll come around soon.

best of luck
simone s.

by fashiong101 on 7/10/2012 3:56:58 PM

I luv taylors look! It is soo cuteLaughing

by venella on 6/26/2012 12:52:32 AM

nice plus cute

by sparkly11 on 6/21/2012 3:16:38 PM

This look is super cute!

by AnnaB1234 on 6/21/2012 10:31:16 AM

Mod
I'm thinking about getting side swept bangs. My mom said she's cool with it--finally. But I was wondering...are they in style? And do they look good on an oval shaped face?
Thanks so much!(:

Hey girl,

Side bangs are definitely in style! If you're not sure what will work for your face, check out this post! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/05/18/Get-the-best-bangs-for-your-face-shape.aspx

Meghan D.

by Graciegang on 6/15/2012 5:24:23 PM

MOD
Thank you Carrie for your help. So 13 and up. KISSIES!
~Fashion designer

by Fashion designer on 6/14/2012 9:02:25 AM

I love all these products (especially the macara, shadow palette and liner!)! Covergirl stuff is AWESOME!

by HelenaPS on 6/13/2012 4:30:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
So, I sort of want to get an account on Pintrest.com but i want to make sure how old you have to be. Do you know how old you have to be to make an account on there? Thank you so much!

Hey babe, if you're under 13 you shouldn't be sharing any personal info on Pinterest.
Carrie R.

by Fashion designer on 6/13/2012 4:08:55 PM

MOD! Thanks so much Carrie Smile

No problem, chica!
Carrie R.

by mangochick12 on 6/13/2012 3:55:36 PM

MOD!! And I had one more question continuing from my last post but I ran out of room Smile Sorry. The thing is most of the girls are all super skinny, they wear tons of make up, and can do the workouts pretty ealily. I'm scared they won't accept me cuz I'm not as thin as they are and cuz I'm comfortable without makeup (i hate it actually lol) and a lot of them are the 'popular' girls. And this also goes with my last post (sorry again haha) but like i said i don't wanna be treated differently because i'm on poms, and some of the girls on the team r really mean, and I'm also scared people will think i'm like them too just because i'm on their team and judge me without knowing me. Any advice on wht I can do to make sure that doesn't happen? thanks again so much Smile

Babe, don't worry about the makeup. I never wear makeup, and a little secret - all the guys I know have said that girls who skip makeup are more attractive because they're confident in themselves. And they weren't just sayin' that to be nice. Lol. For your poms team, see how it goes, and if the girls are all mean to you, maybe it's not worth your trouble. But just go in with a good attitude, and be nice to everyone. If you show them that you're willing to work hard and that you're a fun person, they shouldn't judge you on your appearance or your skill. Like I said, keep your values, and let your own personality show in school. If people judge you without knowing you, then they're not worth your time.
Carrie R.

by mangochick12 on 6/13/2012 2:51:24 PM

MOD MOD!
Hey there Smile i posted this a few days ago but it must not have went through. I'm gonna be a freshman next year and I'm kinda nervous for hs.. . lol So i have two questions. 1) Is there anything that comes to your mind that maybe you think every freshman girl should know? Ik that question is a little 'out there' but i'll take anything you can give me Smile and 2 I made the poms team (dance team) for next year and I'm a little nervous. The poms team kinda has a bad reputationwith some people (not everyone) and most of them are really nice! and I've nvr even had a bf so I'm not lol but I'm scared some people are gonna treat me different cuz I'm on the team. Plus the coach and most of the other girls are from the other dance studio in town and they HATE our studio and my instructor.. and during tryouts i heard one girl talking trash about my studio and I'm scared the others will be jerks to be just bcuz of where dance. Any advice? THANKS! Smile

Hey chicky, high school can be intimidating, but you'll be fine. You've already done my first piece of advice - join at least one club. That's the best way to make friends, although it sounds like yours may come with some complications. For that, I'd just say don't engage in the gossip. If people are talking bad about your instructor or your studio, don't let it get to you, and just try to change the subject. And as for your reputation, that's up to you. Pick friends who share your values, and pay no attention to the other people who maybe haven't taken the time to really get to know the girls on the poms team. Best advice for starting high school: stick to your values, no matter what anyone says (even your friends).
Carrie R.

by mangochick12 on 6/13/2012 2:45:19 PM

I knew UNDER $10 was too good to be true....i think whoever wrote this article needs to go back to school and learn how to add because

$5+$4+$7+$5+$5= $26 and $26> under $10

by divasa on 6/13/2012 12:11:23 PM

She looks beautiful!

by Lilylunapotter13 on 6/13/2012 11:34:10 AM

Hmm... okay lets see, Foundation ( $5 ) I don't have it.
Eyeshadow ( $4 ) I dont have those awesome colors yet.
I got that same exact eyeliner, girlies it works so good really I recommend that you get it (if you are allowed to wear makeup of course).
Got that mascara, girlies it works like a charm. If you don't have it, get it! It works really well!
I need the lip stick ( $5 )
So altogether I will only spend $14. AMAZING! It works. Super gonna go get it as soon as my legs can carry me.

by Fashion designer on 6/13/2012 10:17:07 AM

all that make up makes her eyes look REALLY tiny. I don't really like it :p

by Kalulah on 6/13/2012 9:40:44 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hey Mod. Tomorrow i'm going to... Dorney Park! Its an awesome amusement park and waterpark. I'm going with my church youth group but i have a dilemma... How should i do my makeup? It should withstand rollercoasters, waterslides, humid weather, and fast rides. Thanks so much! Smile

Hey girl,

If you're going on water rides, I would suggest as minimal makeup as possible! Wear sunscreen on your face, and any waterproof makeup you have would work fine.
Kelly G.

by AquaMasquerade on 6/13/2012 8:27:18 AM

Ok, this is awesome! To the people who thought the whole look would be under $10, be realistic. The whole look is $26!

by rainyseattlegirl on 6/13/2012 3:44:04 AM

Everyone should join this amazing club, It's called:
Queens of Hearts <3
There's tons of advice on EVERYTHING! It's such a helpful, friendly club. Please Join

by Dani143 on 6/13/2012 1:28:10 AM

Hey! Do you love Fairy Tail the anime/manga?! Well join in on my club, Fairy Tail Lovers!!! This is by far my favorite show of all times! Come join the fun!! =) You can write your heart out about it!

by Gabriella123 on 6/13/2012 12:07:03 AM

@ fallsb-ball yep. I have. but my sister's not out yet.
I looked at the title and thought that the make up would add up to $10. But no, it's separately. And $10 isn't that good of a deal. You can get pretty much any makeup from e.l.f. for less than that. For less than $5 in most cases even.

by Irishdancerzrule on 6/12/2012 10:46:53 PM

Anyone else see the poll for today and are like "pssh...school has been out for a week!"

by fallsb-ball on 6/12/2012 10:05:57 PM

you know, i want the dress.

by soccerlover99 on 6/12/2012 8:34:15 PM

There seems to be an issue with posting comments in my club. Updates seem to work fine, and everything else is working. I don't know if my computer's just borked, but I've switched my browser and it still doesn't work. Whenever I try to post, the button just shows a javascript thing.

hey! hmm that is a problem. If it's a missing javascript plug in, i think that's a problem with your computer. Maybe ask an adult if they can help you out?

Helen S.

by peaches and raspberries on 6/12/2012 8:20:49 PM

Join Sex Ed Club!

Have any questions about your body or sex? Need advice? Just want to chat 'bout sex? Join my club, Sex Ed! Real girls have real conversations! Officer positions are still open!

by peaches and raspberries on 6/12/2012 8:04:30 PM

...Does Girl's life have a new sponsorship deal or something?

by peaches and raspberries on 6/12/2012 7:58:16 PM

Taylor Swift is so beautifulSmile Her makeup and clothes are gorgeous and never fail to impress meSmile

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 6/12/2012 5:29:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
okay so i'm really sad right now. how can I get cheered up?

Sorry you're sad, girl. Luckily, there are tons of things you can do to cheer up. Try turning on some upbeat tunes, or talk to someone you trust about what's got you down, like your bestie or your mom. Or just do an activity that you really like and that'll get your mind off whatever's bothering you. Feel better!
Carrie R.

by musicismylife198 on 6/12/2012 4:45:22 PM

MOD! I have thick, curly hair, and if I skip washing it one day, it gets all fuzzy. How can I prevent this?

Hey chicky, try using an anti-frizz product, like Alberto VO5 Sheer Hairdressing Weightless Leave-In Anti-Frizz & Shine Creme.
Carrie R.