10 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

13 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

14 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

NYC gives supersized sugary drinks two thumbs down

NYC’s mayor is cracking down on the sale of sugary drinks in order to help stop the spread of obesity. His idea is to ban the...

This is so right! Americans have no self limitaions and really don't know when to stop. If they really need that 72 Ounce Big Gulp, they can buy 2 mediums. They aren't saying you CAN'T drink gallons of pop, they're just making it more difficult to get. No one needs gallons of High Fructose Corn Syrup.

by zoogs97 on 6/26/2012 11:33:43 PM

Doesn't this seem a little gestapo to anyone? The local government telling you how much of something you can and can't have seems a little off to me. Shouldn't it be your own choice how much soda you drink? Oh wait maybe I'm confused which country we're in. I really thought this was the USA.
>:/

by sidneyricerules18 on 6/18/2012 7:17:32 PM

This new law can easily lead into communism. My parents came from a once communist country so I know. Those of us who do not have that problem should not have to suffer. I can limit myself in the amount of stuff I take in and I don't need someone to help me. I for one had been underweight for a while (now I am normal, but otherwise healthy as can be. Just because I needed to gain weight does not mean others do as well. We all have personal problems, however others should not have to suffer alongside us if the issue does not concern them. There are professionals who can help and family to support, but forcing it down our throats will do no good. There was a ban on alcohol ("Prohibition") in early 20th and that failed (increased crime rate and the alcohol was smuggled in "speakeasies")so this will too. The more freedom we have the better life is for all. If they want to live an unhealthy lifestyle, it is by their doing because in the end it is our own decisions that make or break us.

by ola.g14 on 6/18/2012 2:17:32 PM

Mod mod mod mod!!!
Ok so I know that tampons work best for sports but can you wear a pad during sports? I have a basketball game today and I can't wear tanpons. Will a pad still work? And please don't just tell me that I need to wear a tampon. Thanks

Hey girl,

A pad will work just fine as well. No sweat.
Kelly G.

by bubbles3956 on 6/15/2012 3:13:29 PM

Do I think obesity is a HUGE problem in this country? Yes. But do I think that this law is the best way to solve it? I'm not so sure. I feel like it's a law that is easy to get around, and won't stop people from drinking as much soda as they want. I think the only thing it could do is make people aware of how much sugar they are consuming. However, I do think that Bloomberg is in the right for trying to face obesity, and it's not entirely correct to say that obesity only harms the individual. It can cause a lot of health problems, and cause people to be hospitalized..which can affect others if those hospitalized are uninsured. But that brings up other issues. Anyway, I don't think this ban will be very effective, but if it's the first step on the road to other, more effective laws, then I'm all for it.

by MadameAwesome on 6/14/2012 2:55:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I want an Ipod touch SO badly, but i'm broke. What could I do that is simple and easy?

Hey Girl!

I don't know how old you are but you could always apply for a part time job. Or try baby sitting, mowing lawns, washing cars, etc.

Maybe your parents and relatives will give you a few $$ to take care of extra chores

best of luck!
simone s.

by Taylorbb77 on 6/14/2012 2:51:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok so last night i watched a movie called vegucated. it was about 3 people who adopted a vegan diet for 6 weeks and learned what its all about. it showed how different animals were processed i guess for meat and other products. its terrible how they are treated. anyways now i want to be a vegan. i just dont know if thats possible cause we always have some kind of meat or dairy product in our meals. i want to be a vegan really badly i just dont know how to act on it. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey girl,

maybe you could talk to your parents about buying animal free products?  There are tons of cookbooks and recipes out there for Vegan cooking.

best of luck,

SImone
simone s.

by purplelover<3 on 6/14/2012 11:24:34 AM

But people don't WANT to have healthy stuff. It's not 'abusing their freedom' at all! It's their choice! We should not be controlling people's eating! Yes,people are getting obese,but that's their problem! It's getting to be very,very controlling in America and quiet honestly,it's worrying.

by iluvmusic♥ on 6/14/2012 10:33:47 AM

This is totally ridiculous. The government should not be controlling what people consume. We live in America where you are SUPPOSED to have free will. This is one step closer to becoming a communist contry, which is right where we're headed.
On another note, being obese is something that only effects you. It's not harming anyone or anything around you, that's your personal decision and the government has no right to make that for you.

by beauty4girls on 6/14/2012 1:24:09 AM

@bubbles3956
hey gurl im not a mod but heres my advice: if uve had ur period b4, go ahead & try a tampon (lik mayb 4 30 minutes or so). if it works, gr8!=) if not, excuse urself 2 the bathroom, & change into a pad (do ultra thin w/ no wings so it doesnt show). ull look just as hot by the poolside as u will in the pool!=) u cud still b involved in the party by sittin @ the edge of the pool w/ just ur legs in water, or judging watevr game their playin -or chatting w/ the hottie whos grabbin a soda;) make sure the ppl dont push u in=/ anyway...yah...hope tis helps!!!

by WhoAmI? on 6/13/2012 11:58:46 PM