7 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

10 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

11 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

Tone up with this 30-minute challenge

This flab-busting circuit will get you fit in no time…

So I tried this workout. Its called "Turbo Jam." It is super fun and she has many different dvds so you can pick how long it is. My favorite is the 20 minute workout. I feel so much better about myself. Check it out sometime!!

by IzzyBelly on 8/29/2012 10:40:07 AM

Mod,
What does it mean when it says first at 80%, then 90%, and four at 100%? I have no idea what they are saying.

Hey girl! That's the level of power you should be using.  Go at 80% of your max power (a little bit less than as fast as you can go), then 90% (a little bit more than before but not make power) and then go as fast as you can. xoxo

Kate G.

by sohi105 on 8/21/2012 12:26:15 AM

I have a club called EVERYTHING hair, check that out to please! It just explains gentle hair care and stuff like that! Xoxo!!!!

Hey girls! Remember: you can't post links for other sites.  While we trust you girls, there might be people who try and get girls to go on dangerous sites, so we don't allow other links at girlslife.com  Sorry! xoxo

Kate G.

by YayaYuiki on 8/9/2012 10:42:51 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am really weak. I exercise 30-60 minutes each day, and eat healthy! I don't need to loose any weight, ( I am 30 pounds underweight, but it's not a problem!) but I'm not strong enough to do a cartwheel, push ups, or even bent knee pushups!
Please give me some tips!

Hey babe,

You gotta' start from the very bottom!  Even if you feel like you can't do bent knee pushups or things of that sort, that's because you don't have enough experience with them yet.  You have to work through it, and that makes it even more rewarding later.  Start small and build up your endurance.  Maybe go for ten/fifteen pushups a night or every other night with proper form, and gradually build on that as you go to twenty and twenty five, etc.  And don't just stick to pushups!  There are tons of exercises to build your strength from every angle and every muscle.
Jordan S.

by HappySunshine on 8/7/2012 9:13:13 PM

Absolutely love the premise of this workout, but I'm confused about how many times to do each thing and in what order. Could you please break down for me what I need to do? Like this:
1. Run at 80%
2. 5 push-ups
ETC...
(I know how to do all of the moves, I just need help on what order to do everything.)
Thanks so much for reading this and helping me!Smile

hey! sure thing

1. Run at 80%

2. 5 push-ups

3. Next, jog back.

4. When you get back to your starting point, wheel around and run at 90 percent to the end.

5. get down on your back and bring your legs into the air. Don’t let them touch the ground throughout this part of the exercise. Instead, do a kick like you would if you were swimming.

6. Every four kicks count as one leg lift. Do five leg lifts, and then jog back.

7. This time, sprint as hard as you can to the end and do 5 more push-ups.

8. You will keep repeating the circuit until you have done a total of 6 sprints: first 80 percent, then 90 percent, then four at 100 percent.

9. After each, you will alternate doing leg lifts and push ups. If you can, after the last interval, sprint in instead of jogging to give yourself a final challenge.

Helen S.

by peacelovegoogle on 8/6/2012 6:01:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey ! I just got a treadmill & I want to know how long & how many times a week should I run? Also do you have any articles to help get curves & tone my thighs? Also what are things I can eat & drink to help stay in shape & loose weight. Thanks!Smile

Hey girlie,

I would start off run/walking 30 minutes. Push yourself a little bit past what feels comfortable. Each day, try to extend your running spurts so you rest less during your workout. Over time, you'll challenge yourself to get even better and will be able to run longer! As for how many times per week, I would say 3 or 4 is great. Give yourself at least 2 days a week to rest so your muscles can recuperate.

And check out our Workouts and Eat Right tags. There are tons of articles there - read through them and pick the ones that work best with your lifestyle!

Lauren C.

by victoriabieberz on 7/29/2012 10:26:34 PM

This looks like a good workout. I am going to try it. Will this workout burn LOTS of calories

by 35sh7 on 7/24/2012 1:24:45 AM

MOD
Hey this workout looks perfect for me! Now i know good results most often dont come quickly, but school starts in a little over a month and if i eat healthy and stay true to this workout, could it give some visible results like less of a muffintop or slimmer legs? Does this also tone your bottom? Thanks! Smile

You betcha, girl! Running gives you lean muscle in your legs, and the rest works on your core. Good luck!
Carrie R.

by KaylieGurl663 on 7/16/2012 4:56:47 PM

hey do u guys have any workouts for the butt and to define my curves Smile

by candyprincess97 on 7/12/2012 8:12:54 PM

MOD
I am very confused about this article. I love the workout set up, but I do not understand this "run at 80-percent for 200 meters" is that meant to imply your total heart rate or what? Thank you. -xoxo M

Hey girl,

Yeah, I think it might mean your maximum heart rate.
Kelly G.

by lion'n'othello rose on 7/11/2012 9:31:36 AM

MOD are there any workouts i can do to get curves and great legs at home with out an equipment.I also need ab exercises that are effect cuz im very sporty.and i want to stay in shape.

Hey girlie,

Of course, we've got great exercises to help ya out! Check these out - they're some of my faves:

Lauren C.

by shayli123 on 7/10/2012 11:26:18 PM

MODMODMOD
I tried this workout yesterday and could only do 3 ciruits before I felt sick. Am I doing it wrong or do I need to ease into it or what?

Hey girl, if your bod isn't used to doing fast, intense workouts, then you might wanna ease into this one. Sprints are really tough, and for this workout, your bod doesn't get much of a break in between. So make sure your jogs are super slow, and if you need to take longer breaks in between or slow down the sprints, do it. The workout will get easier over time, and that's when you'll know that you can pick the pace up or add some extra push-ups. For now, let your bod get used to these new demands and go with what feels good.
Carrie R.

by Brenna04 on 6/27/2012 4:00:56 PM

How many times do we have to do this weekly to start seeing results?

by 222unigirl on 6/27/2012 12:02:44 AM

Mod:
What would be the easiest way to do this workout inside? I have stairs in my house; should I run up and down those instead? Thanks! Smile

Hey girl!

I think running up and down your stairs would probably work. It would work your body in a little bit different way, but it would still be really good for you! It would work your legs and butt!
Rachael A.

by IvoryPiano on 6/25/2012 1:30:06 AM

Hey hidi75,Check out these articles for tips on working out!! Xoxo

ModModMod!!!!!!! I have toned arms and legs, but I have a flabby belly and a tush that needs tightening! What are some workouts I could use to help with that! Also, I have asthma and overly-strenous workouts have sent me to the hospital in the past, so could you please not make the workout over the top? Thanks! Lynae P.

by hidi75 on 6/23/2012 2:21:10 PM

mod mod mod ihave skinny thighs but they kind of well jiggle because i dont have any musxles in my thighs what can i do to get them toned (without running please)Smile

Hey girl,

There are tons of leg exercises that aren't running, so find what works for you! Try yoga or pilates, or running up and down the stairs in your house. If you have access to a gym, you can also try a leg press or elliptical.

Meghan D.

by musicgurl111 on 6/23/2012 12:58:41 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Does this help tone abs? I am trying to get in shape so would this help burn the last bit of fat I have around my midsection?!? Thanks Smile I am going to start running here soon because I know that helps tone pretty much everything ;)

Hey girlie,

Remember to tense your abs throughout this entire exercise. If you're pulling your abs in tight, it'll tone them throughout. (Plus, that leg swimming exercise will be great for your abs.) Stick with it! Smile
Lauren C.

by lovemoomoo111 on 6/21/2012 8:15:32 PM

Hey danerka, no there's nothing I can think of. One thing that might help you is to change your attitude towards food. The brain is very powerful and whatever you believe comes true. So instead of thinking about how food makes you gain weight, look at food as just providing energy to your body. Tell yourself you have a fast metabolism until you believe it. Hope the helps! Xoxo

MOD.
Why can't we post our weight?
And, do you know of any easy tricks(a certain food, exercise, etc...) that quicken your metabolism? Because, mine is really(!!!) slow.
Thanx! Smile Lynae P.

by Danerka on 6/19/2012 5:53:08 PM

I have a question. Is there a way to get a high metabolism? I would really like mine to be better.

by anirtaK on 6/19/2012 5:19:46 PM

i dont get this part, This time, sprint as hard as you can to the end and do 5 more push-ups. You will keep repeating the circuit until you have done a total of 6 sprints: first 80 percent, then 90 percent, then four at 100 percent. After each, you will alternate doing leg lifts and push ups. If you can, after the last interval, sprint in instead of jogging to give yourself a final challenge, what does this mean? also can i do it in my back yard? it feels weird out in front...

by popgirl79 on 6/17/2012 10:18:26 PM

Dangggggg. That's A Whole Bunch Of Stuff To Do!!! Smile
Lol.
But Thanks For The Workout!

by NikeChick1500 on 6/17/2012 9:45:48 PM

Im kind of wondering what people would think if they saw me randomly moving my legs in the air like on a bicycle while im on my back outside...

by beaglelover65 on 6/16/2012 11:16:57 PM

MOD
I read somewhere that it's impossible for girls to get a six-pack. Is this true?

Hey girl,

Girls can do ab exercises the same as guys and get awesome results, too! No, that is not true at all Smile

Meghan D.

by 12coco on 6/15/2012 7:02:23 PM

Mod
I can never find the time to exercise. I'm always really busy. Is doing five minutes here, and five minute there for a total of about thirty minutes a good idea? If not, what do you think?
Thanks!

Hey girl,

That would be better than not exercising at all, but it would be more beneficial to exercise for at least 30 minutes at a time to build endurance. Try setting aside a block in your day for exercise -- we're all busy, but it's super important to stay fit and healthy!

Meghan D.

by Graciegang on 6/15/2012 5:29:41 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
What are some excersises that will help me get rid of body fat? Also, I'm pretty skinny but I have big thighs - how can I get them smaller??/

Hey babe,

Any exercises will help you get rid of body fat. For your thighs, try squats and lunges to target that area!
Kelly G.

by Sarah510 on 6/15/2012 10:20:12 AM

MOD MOD
Hi! So I am 14 I am 4'10 and I weigh ((edited by mod)). As you can see I am not average height and according to my BMI graph that I saw at the doctors. I am overweight. But that is only because I used to be on prescribed birth control to help my period flows(I m not having sex, trust me I am not ready and i am way to young)and that's common to gain weight. I have stopped now and I want to lose weight any advice? I want to be one of those thin fit girls who aren't embarrased to wear skirts and arm showing tops. Thank You Smile

Hey girlie,

If you've stopped taking the pills, your bod will probably even out in time! You can help it along by eating balanced meals, cutting out junk food/fast food, and getting exercise about 4-5 times a week. You won't get fit by sitting around - so get moving! Make good choices and constantly remind yourself about your goal <3 If you treat your bod right and make healthy choices, you can do it!
Lauren C.

by andsothelionfellinlovewiththelamb on 6/14/2012 10:34:41 PM

Please help!!!!
Okay so I am only ((edited by mod - please don't post your weight!)) and Im in 8th grade but my thighs are huge! Im going into those awkward stages but I haven't gotten my period yet. Lately I keep saying I'm hungry but Im really not! But I still eat! My brothers girlfriend and i are really really close, she told me that when i go into puberty it will get harder because my motablism isnt as high, is this true? How can I lose the leg bulkyness without losing my upper body's weight! Help! Lauren C.

by missfortunate on 6/14/2012 9:24:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD I have really flabby arms. Do you have any workouts that tone the upper inner area as quickly ad possible?The part where my armpit touches my arm. It's super flabby there. Can you tell me a workout that doesn't require dumbells or weights. And how long do You think it will take? I already run cardio and eat healthy. Thanks luv! xx

Hey girlie,

Check out these articles:

Everyone gets toned at different speeds, but it's important to remember that you won't see results overnight. You have to work hard and stick with it! Over time, you'll see - and feel - way more in shape Smile
Lauren C.

by Torrie55 on 6/14/2012 8:14:45 PM

so you have a ton of junk lying around your house and nothing to do with it. Plus you want some new jewelry without spending a ton. What do you do? Join my club and find out how to turn ordinary stuff around your house into funky and creative stuff! The club is called DIY Green!

by kpianoplayer on 6/14/2012 4:18:50 PM

I really like this guy. He's always on my mind. Last time we were together weflirted almost the entire time. One of his friends even commented on it. He smiles at me a lot or just whenever he sees me. He liked this girl but I'm not so sure anymore. Should I makea move and tell him that I like him? I'm sorta shy and just not real sure. Thanks for any help you can offer me.

Hey Girl--

Sounds like someone has a crush on you! He's probably just shy! If you feel too awkward to tell him you like him, why not suggest hanging out instead-- then let him take it from there

good luck!
simone s.

by AMOURx10 on 6/14/2012 3:59:44 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod!
I want to begin babysitting on my street because there's a lot of kids and I want to earn some money. The problem is that I have soccer Mon-Thurs evenings, I'll be gone some weekends to visit my grandparents, I'll be gone 3 weeks in July for a church camp, and in August my family is going on a mission trip for 2 weeks. I don't really have anyone who they could recommend them to either.I don't want to be undependable and turn many people down. What should I do? Should I still babysit or put up fliers with only my avalible time? I think I might babysit during the school year, I don't know...
Thanks for answering Mod! Smile

Hey Girl!

There's no harm in asking around or advertising. A lot of parents aren't looking for a regular sitter but rather someone dependable if they want to go out for a night. Once you babysit for one family you'll have a recommendation!

best of luck--
simone s.

by SummerButterflies on 6/14/2012 3:52:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have 2 completely unrelated Qs
1 I asked my mom for a bra about 2 weeks ago and she said I would get one but she I haven't gotten one yet How do I remind her with out sounding pushy?
2 I have a lot of fat on mi tummy and it makes me VERY self conscious how do I get rid of it?

Hey Girl--

1. Just approach your mom when she's not busy and be nice about it. It probably just slipped her mind, maybe you could say, "could we go shopping sometime soon for a bra?"

2. Everyone has tummy fat. if you feel self-conscious start a new workout routine. Check out our fitness page for ideas!

best of luck--

simone s.

by juliacar on 6/14/2012 3:08:14 PM

hey if anyone needs advice feel free to post on my profile and ill get back to you asapSmile

by maddysadvice on 6/14/2012 1:25:03 PM

HARD!!!!

♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by heather99 on 6/14/2012 11:39:16 AM

Mod mod mod!
I have my period and I was wondering how often I should I should change a pad? Do I need to change it every time I see a little blood? Also Im not comfortable wearing pads and I today I have a swim party so what should I tell people when I stay out of the pool? Like any good excuses? Ps: it's a boy girl party
Thanks again!

Hey girl,

1. pads are usually supposed to be changed every few hours-- there should be instructions on the box

2. You could always tell people you cant swim because you're going out with your family later and need to be dry, or that you just got your hair done and don't want to mess it up.

good luck!
simone s.

by bubbles3956 on 6/14/2012 10:13:39 AM

Hola Chicas! Join my Lana Del Rey Fans club! If you loooove Lana Del Rey... this is the club for u! Here we will talk about our favorite songs by her, how her fashion has inspired us, and how cool she is!

by artistchic99 on 6/14/2012 9:39:39 AM

Ugly sports bra in the picture.

by Sarah510 on 6/14/2012 6:59:14 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
My crush and I are really good friends and all but I know that he doesnt like me like that because one day we were hanging out at recess with his friend and he told me that he had a crush on one of my best friends! He told me not to tell anyone. Now how do I get him to like me??? Please help!! Frown

Hey Girl,

Just keep being your usual friendly self and he may change his mind. It hurts when the guy you like likes one of your friends but he may get over it. In the meantime, try scoping out new guys.

Simone S.
simone s.

by orangutanluver101 on 6/14/2012 2:51:59 AM

This sounds great but i would like something that is a little more simple. You know, something that is easy to remember and I don't have to print out. But it sounds like a great calorie burning circuit!

by sprinklz28 on 6/14/2012 12:18:32 AM