AN HOUR AGO Hey #DMV divas, snag stellar internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/lC3tGfESmN

AN HOUR AGO So excited for #TheGiver to hit theaters August 15—get a sneak peek + find out how you can win with your review! http://t.co/x9ACeg6yqx

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 sistahs score @soffe Dri Capri in Dazzling Blue Cosmic: http://t.co/Gx25bGgdpx

COMMENTS

Nutrition 101: Why your bod needs electrolytes, like, right now

Read this before ya hit the gym, hunnies...

Hey etsydahlia, no that doesn't sound bad. It may be good to sometimes make yourself eat three meals or at least to eat nutritious food. So keep munching on those veggies. Xoxo

Mods,
During the summer my diet has begun to consist of only one or so meals a day. I'm not doing it purposefully, I'm just not hungry. I'm also a vegetarian and when I do eat it's usually vegetables or eggs and sometimes junk food. Is this bad? Lynae P.

by etsysdahlia on 8/4/2012 1:20:21 AM

I thought gatorade was unhealthy

by kelly268 on 7/4/2012 3:15:16 PM

I've been wondering why I started getting muscle spasms a few days ago. I drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruit, so I don't know what's going on with me? Anyone have any ideas?

by pinkbubblegum98 on 7/2/2012 1:03:12 PM

woooot wooooot im obsessed with gatorade

by kaylablaze33098 on 6/27/2012 9:54:03 PM

Catholic Faithful Teens is for Catholic girls to talk about God, Jesus, and our religion. Anyone who is Catholic, wants to become Catholic, or wants more info about us can join. There will be topics to talk about and ways we can spread our word. For those who go to Spanish church I can write it in Spanish also. The Bible is going to be a huge part of the club. There will be quotes and verses posted regularly.

by boypolar on 6/27/2012 7:19:32 PM

lool powerades all day everyday

by soccersav11 on 6/22/2012 2:28:03 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!!!
I have been asked to write a book for my gifted program and they were talking about, if it's good enough they can publish it. BUT I CAN'T GET THE BALL ROLLING! WHAT DO I DO?!?! please reply asap!

Hey babe,

In my experience, you get other ideas whenever you read books and watch movies, so why not have a marathon?
Jordan S.

by YayaYuiki on 6/20/2012 7:43:16 PM

i have always drinked like powerade and stuff like that and it aways said electrolytes in it, and i never really knew what it ment till now, i just drinked it because it was good lol

by j4zm09 on 6/20/2012 5:34:38 PM

MOD
Thank you so much Kelly G!
Your advice really helped Smile

by imblonde5678 on 6/20/2012 2:46:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So what are some exercises i can do to get rid of upper arm fat fast? Also my calves are big, how can i get rid of fat and flab in them? Thanks!

Hey girl, for your upper arms, there are lots of different shoulder, tricep, and bicep exercises you can do. You should do a mixture of bicep curls, pull-ups, push-ups, and tricep dips to tone your arms. And for your calves, the best thing would be to do calf raises, which is when you stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, and then raise yourself up on the balls of your feet and back down. To make it harder, you can do one leg at a time, or you can hold weights at your sides while you pulse up and down.
Carrie R.

by CheerUrHeartOut on 6/20/2012 12:48:04 PM

Lol it seems like GL read my mind because I've been doing this basketball camp and I've been wondering what electrolytes do for u in sports.

by Foodiejr99 on 6/20/2012 11:45:03 AM

Mod mod mod
Okay- Tell me if I'm getting enough electrolytes at the right time: I bike 5miles a day 5 days a week and drink either 24 or 48oz of water gradually throughout everyday. Thanks!

Hey girl,

As long as you make sure you're eating fresh fruits and veggies, I'm sure you're good to go. Just make sure that you don't dehydrate. The article says that The most common symptoms of an electrolyte imbalance are muscle spasms, fatigue, confusion, weakness and blood pressure change. So, if you have noticed some of these symptoms, I'd say you need more electrolytes!
Kelly G.

by Svds on 6/20/2012 11:28:34 AM

My friends gave my crush a letter I wrote him yesterday and today I saw him staring at me but he didnt talk to me or anything...
Also, he told one of his friends who is a real gossip and he already told another person! At the end the whole school will know who I like and that I wrote him a letter! 😳
And if my crush doesnt approach me, what do I do? Like my friends said, I did my part.
And also what do I do about people asking me If i like him and stuff?! Its so embarrassing!
Thank you so much!

Hey babe,

Unfortunately, that stuff can spread pretty fast! I agree with your friends - you did your part, so there's not much more you can do. If he doesn't approach you, that's his problem, not yours! The best thing you can do is just act natural. If you obsess over it and make it out to be a big deal, it will come off as bigger than it is. It's up to you how to respond to people asking you about it, but I would suggest telling them the truth. It's better for the truth to spread than a rumor. Plus, if he hears that you don't like him, he will get confused with mixed messages! Just hold your head high and know that you're awesome, whether this guy chooses to see that or not. Good luck girlie!
Kelly G.

by imblonde5678 on 6/20/2012 7:59:20 AM

Hey all those middle school girls! Please join my club school/boys 101. I will help you with anything and everyone!

by asha0 on 6/20/2012 3:13:26 AM

A year ago in basketball I fell and I landed on my hand. It hurt very badly for weeks but I never went to the doctor. And ever since then I have been able to pop my wrist in a weird way. And once every 2 weeks or so my wrist hurts so bad I can't push or lift things with it. It'll last about a week and then go away for a few weeks. Should I see a doctor?

Hey babe,

I'm not an expert on wrist injuries, so I would say yep, go see your doc!
Kelly G.

by Kykid321 on 6/20/2012 1:26:43 AM

MOD MOD MOD:
So there's this girl who I used to consider on of my best friends. At the beginning of last school year,I didn't really talk to her,and things seemed better that way. But then we became "BBFs" only for me to find out I was being used. Now I want to slowly break away from her. How should I do it subtly without actually telling her? PLEASE HELP ASAP!!

Hey babe,

If you feel like you're being used, why don't you just have a conversation about it? She may not realize that she's doing it or that you're upset. I would suggest trying to repair the friendship before giving up on it.
Kelly G.

by MadMaddie911 on 6/20/2012 1:18:14 AM

Are you looking for some unique clubs? If you are then join Girl Scouts or Operation: you are beautiful.
Girl Scouts is for girl scouts or anyone who is interested in Girl Scouts

Operation: you are beautiful is about spreading positive messages on post-its where other people can see them.

by kewauneegal on 6/19/2012 5:39:50 PM

Hey pink and purple girl, foods like bread, pizza and fries help make your thighs bigger. Here are some links to articles that will help you tone those legs. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/12/26/My-thighs-are-too-fat.aspx

Good luck chica!! Xoxo

MOD
im just gonna keep it simple: i really want to lose some weight in my thighs. do you know any certain foods that make you gain weight in that area?? and also what are some good excersises to help slim them down?? thanks! Smile Lynae P.

by pink and purple girl on 6/19/2012 5:21:52 PM

This article is super true!!!!

by kittykove2 on 6/19/2012 5:06:50 PM

Hey briannam911, mhmm I don't know what is going on. It sounds like you have a severe cold, so I don't think it's too serious. You can always google your symptoms and see if anything pops up. Try putting either a cold or warm rag on your head to stop it from hurting. Drinking apple juice or ginger ale may help your stomach. Hope this helps and hope ya feel better! Xoxo

MOD!
Awhile ago I got really sick. And now, my teeth keep chattering for no reason! I have no clue why. Please help! Why do my teeth keep chattering? And my stomach and head keep hurting to for no reason. But my mom won't take me to the doctor's, so that's not an option.
P.S. When are you going to take this annoying Justin wallpaper thing off? I hate him and it's giving me headaches and it's annoying? Lynae P.

by briannam911 on 6/19/2012 5:03:26 PM

Hey kittykove2, tell your mom that your products aren't working. Look up some good concealers for under eye circles, so you'll know what to get. Since she already let's you wear mascara and concealer, it may not be too hard convincing her to let you wear blush. Show her some of the colors you wanna get and see what she says. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOd
I really want to wear makeup and my mom lets me wear concealor and clear mascara and lip gloss but I have really bad under eye circles and the concealor doesnt work and neither does my clear mascara. I need a new concealor and clear mascar. I also need help convincing my mom to lets me wear blush!!! HELP!!! Lynae P.

by kittykove2 on 6/19/2012 5:01:32 PM