6 HOURS AGO Are you the kinda girl who goes with the flow? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/ukcFkXMyGl

9 HOURS AGO 5 tips for booting bad grades: http://t.co/kMlNTRGFos

10 HOURS AGO Wondering if you should you get back with your ex? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/6gYmS9fe3s

COMMENTS

15 ways to make your slumber party a success

Your besties are comin’ over at 7 sharp, your sleeping bag is unfurled on the living room floor and you’ve got the pizza place on speed dial...

THANK YOU GIRLS LIFE!!!!!!!!!! Im having a sleepover in 5 days and its the first HUGE lots of people sleepover at my house!!!!!!!!!! I will use ALL of the ideas THANK YOU!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

by superstar56! on 6/9/2013 8:43:10 PM

cool will do @ next sleepover

by glcrazy77 on 8/5/2012 6:52:36 AM

OMG, christiangal345, I love your username! It's good to know there are other Christians out there! By the way, I saw your profile pic on Picasa. Did you get it from there?

by cheetah#1 on 8/2/2012 6:16:38 PM

Oh my gosh, thanks so much GL! I love throwing slumber parties and now with these tips, I'll be throwin' parties my friends will not forget! Smile

by cheetah#1 on 7/24/2012 10:41:51 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Calling all MODS! I have a small living room and no other space to do my sleepover. How do you have a sleepover in a small space?

Hey girl!  Try having different activities in different rooms.  A few girls can decorate cookies in the kitchen while a couple others play kareoke in the living room.  Sleeping in a big pile is fun, anyway!  Put all of your blankets and pillows together and invite girls who don't mind being close!  xoxox

Kate G.

by transform2314 on 7/23/2012 4:45:11 PM

Thanks GL! My B-day party is coming up and I had NO idea what activities to do! These crazy entertaining ideas were really helpful! If you love books, are looking for a new book to read, or have a book to recommend, join my Book Recommendation Club! Thanks!Laughing

by olivia192000 on 7/6/2012 7:00:14 AM

Just going into Middle School?
Don't know what's the trend?
Love is coming your way?
Friends pretending they're not?
You people need me I'm fun and very stylish and has had TONS of experience with friends. Middle School isn't a deal ITS A BIG ONE join now! :0 Smile Tong

by GeenieD on 7/3/2012 10:26:13 PM

My best friend got in a really huge fight with my other best friend and now they want me to choose between them...but i want to be both of their friends what can i do?

by sweetiepiethecat on 6/26/2012 8:50:38 AM

Hey everyone do you like riddles or illusion that'll that lets you have fun and learn? Then go to my new blog "Riddles, Quizzes, illusions, and more!" It takes on a fun adventure of riddles test and more! Check it out!

by gemstone_smile5 on 6/22/2012 8:20:31 PM

MODMODMOD
I've been trying to text my friend, but she rarely texts back. I'm sad cuz I won't be able to see her until around August or September. The only way we can be in contact is text. What can I do? Thx-a-million! Xox<3

Hey girl!

Maybe there's something going on in her life that's preventing her from texting you back. She might be super busy. Whatever it is, maybe try giving her a little space. If you don't hear from her for a week or two, try texting her. Ask her what;s going on and why she hasn't been answering. But don't get confrontational! Just tell her you miss her lots!
Rachael A.

by Vjazzy08 on 6/22/2012 4:26:59 PM

MODMODMOD
I want to get active and eat healthier, I really do, but it's so hard. There's so many good tasting junk food out there and it's hard to keep track. And my dad says I have to go on the treadmill three times a week if I want a cell phone but I just HATE the treadmill! I even call it the DreadTread!! Anyway, it's so hard to get motivated to eat healthier and get excersising, but I really want to wear a bikini without being embarrassed of my stomach, nd I want a cell too. I want to feel good in my body, and I want to be healthy. Help?

Hey girlie,

The thing is, there's no easy fix for getting healthy. Getting in shape takes work - as much as we want you to visit GL.com, you have to put down the laptop, shut off the TV, and get moving. If the treadmill isn't fun for you, try yoga, kickboxing, pilates, jogging outside, biking, swimming... something that you like. Schedule workouts into your week so you can't avoid them. Whenever you feel tempted to eat junk food or skip a workout, remind yourself how you'll feel AFTER you make that decision. You'll probably feel sorry for doing it. Guilty. Mad at yourself. And who wants to feel that? Stick to your new routine and after a couple weeks, it'll feel completely normal. And over time, you'll start to feel results! That's the best way to stick with it - to see it working and to feel healthier. There's no better motivation than to remind yourself you're doing something GREAT for your bod!
Lauren C.

by writer_angel13 on 6/21/2012 9:15:07 PM

Whenever I text my best friend, she says she has to go really quickly. I have seen her text her BF for hours so I don't know if she doesn't want to talk to me or what.

Hey girlie,

It's possible she's busy or might not enjoy texting that much (and makes an exception for her BF), or she could want some space from you. Whatever it is, don't stress - it's normal for there to be some changes in any friendship as you grow up! Try giving her that space and hanging out with other friends, getting involved in something new (like a class, club, part time job), etc. That way, you can both figure out what you want out of the friendship without feeling this awkward tension you're feeling right now! <3
Lauren C.

by vintagedress0612 on 6/21/2012 7:45:39 PM

Do you like rock and roll music of any era?If so, then join my club-rock music that rocks..we will talk about anything, but especially rock music!

by rockchik333 on 6/21/2012 5:42:37 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
My ( younger)brother and I are home alone and there's a thunderstorm. With hail. Bigger then tennis balls. What should I do???

Hey girlie,

Try reading a book together! If he can read, pass it off to him after 2 pages and let him pick up where you left off. Keep passing it back and forth, then choose a place to stop... and work together to make up what happens next. It's great because you can use your imagination to picture a whole other world - and you'll totally forget about that thunderstorm!
Lauren C.

by Sarah510 on 6/21/2012 5:02:37 PM

This article is awesome! Thanks! My friend(who goes to another school in another district and is a grade below me) and I are actually planning a sleepover! Now we have an idea of what great activities we can do!

by Art Crazy52 on 6/21/2012 3:49:33 PM

I LOVE Slumber parties.
Mod Mod Mod!!!
My BFF is always really busy and we never can hang out. I like her, but it's getting annoying... I haven't seen her in four months!!! Help!!! How can we ... hang out???

Hey girl--

I'm sorry to hear that your BFF is MIA. You haven't seen her at all in 4 months? Have you suggested going over to her house so it's more convenient for her? If she still turns you down, try spending more time with other friends instead.

best of luck!
simone s.

by Sarah510 on 6/21/2012 12:38:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD.
I really would like to have a slumber party because i've never had one before. Whenever i have a friend over, my mom won't let them spend the night. and when i have pool parties, she never lets anyone spend the night. i really want to have a small sleep over\slumber party. How can i convince my mom to let me have one???
Thanks! Smile
xoxo

Hey Girl--

Try talking to your mom about why you want a sleepover,  what you guys will be doing there (not screaming and listening to loud music all night) and who you would invite. She is probably worried the event will get out of hand. Promise to clean up after everyone and ask if there are any ways for you to  show her your maturity.

good luck!
simone s.

by birdgirly11 on 6/21/2012 10:23:07 AM

@sheepinthesky
no offence to the other person that gave you advice, but i would NOT recommend that!!! if you just "pig out", you will overload your body with unhealthy carbs and calories. it's not good to go from eating normally, and eating all the time, it's too big of a jump for your body! I have a similar situation. I'm 5'2 and weigh 73 lbs. I've talked to my doctor, and she says it's nothing to worry about because I've been gradual since I've been a baby and haven't been going from 100 pounds to 80, see? As long as you have been like that for a while and haven't been on crazy diets that made you like that, I wouldn't worry. Ask a doctor or a parent what your past weight and heights have been, and make sure it hasn't been big jumps, like one year you were 80 and the next you were 100. I hope this makes sense to you and good luck! Sorry for the length!

by legallyginger12345 on 6/21/2012 10:19:44 AM

I LOVE the guess who it would be an interesting way to get to know your friends better........

by whitebeargirl on 6/21/2012 9:15:24 AM

Hey, sheepinthesky.
BTW, love the username! Anyway, some of my friends are like that. Have you tried just piggin' out? If you have and it didn't work, then you probably need to talk about it to your mom. I know. Embarrassing. But how else are you gonna gain weight?
Good luck and I'll be praying for you!

by Christiangal345 on 6/20/2012 9:49:22 PM

I'm 5'9" and 104 pounds. What should i do about this? I'm really underweight and i keep getting made fun of. What should I do?

by sheepinthesky on 6/20/2012 9:20:41 PM

I want an iPod. But, I can't pick which one! I want a touch, but i have a smartphone, so it would be a waste. A shuffle would be nice, but is it that easy to use? I Kind of want the nano, but it seems REALLY confusing. And the classic sounds nice, but it's kind of expensive. Do you have any recommendations?

Hey babe,

An iPod nano would be very portable, but it carries fewer songs.  It's not confusing so don't worry!  Just make your decision based off of how much music you want to put on it.
Jordan S.

by georgetownroad on 6/20/2012 6:18:54 PM

i love the last idea!!!

by j4zm09 on 6/20/2012 5:39:51 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I'm trying to getall my girls together, but alot of them had a big fight before school ended, I was hoping this could bring us more together! Do y'all think this will work. I don't want them to have a big fight, really if you ask me they should be quiet, drop the subject, talk about maybe later, and just have fun! Besides that was school, this is summer, time for the fun in the sun! Right???

Hey girlie,

I don't think that's a great idea.  Summer is the time that you want to avoid drama, not encourage it.  If they were already in a fight, they won't magically have made up by the time you want to hang out.
Jordan S.