1 HOURS AGO 7 fashion terms you should know going BTS: #WeHeartMakeup http://t.co/RauCFd1QNp

16 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

17 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

COMMENTS

Your ultimate summer beauty survival guide

Embarrassing summer sitch? Not anymore! Here's how to be totes prepared...

instead of shaving cream u can use conditioner

by bella0105 on 6/27/2013 2:08:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm trying to get a tampon in because my friend is having a pool party because its the last day of summer vaccation (it is here anyways) but whenever i put in the applicator, it feels like something's blocking it and that its hitting something. Why is it hurting?

Hey girl,

It shouldn't hurt. Maybe you're inserting it at a weird angle?

Check out these links for more help: http://www.girlslife.com/category/periods-period.aspx

Good luck!

Alexis G.

by Teddy.bear123 on 9/3/2012 1:14:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm stuck at home for the day because i'm still sick. I am so bored. I have been sick since like almost 1 week ago, so i've already done everything there is to do (reading, computer, TV, movie) what should i do? Thanks

Hey girlie,

Try getting organized or giving yourself a manicure. Go outside and enjoy the last few rays of summer sun. Feel better soon!
Alexis G.

by swifty#1 on 9/3/2012 1:08:54 PM

I get pimples on my legs! I put on lotion and I use a nice shaver but im still not sure whats causing it or how do get rid of them. Do you have any tips?

Hey HoopsGirl99, it could be the razor causing the bumps. Try using Nair removal lotion. It's a lotion you put on your legs and let sit for a while, then you wipe away the lotion and hair with a rag or cloth. Try that and see if the bumps go away. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by HoopsGirl99 on 9/2/2012 7:59:55 PM

i have veeerrryyy oily skin and its getting really annoying because before i go to school i put on makeup and you cant really tell my skin is oily. but next thing i know, when i get to class, my face is already oily and sweaty! what should i do? xx

Hey girlie,

Check out the oily-skin face wash in this article: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/04/17/Get-clear-skin-in-time-for-spring.aspx I love that cleanser because it really gets in there and clears away the oil! Wash with this in the morning before you put makeup on. You could also bring oil blotting sheets (Clean & Clear makes a pack of them) - one sheet will immediately zap up oil from your cheeks, nose, etc! Then wash again at night before bed. Smile
Lauren C.

by ashley9845 on 8/16/2012 7:18:45 PM

I'm a gymnast( I do a lot of gymnastics) what's best to use during your period?

Hey girlie,

Since you'll be wearing tight leotards and doing all sorts of flipping around, it's probably best to use tampons during your period. It'll keep you clean and dry without getting bulky or moving around like pads do! I use Tampax Pearl and totally recommend them Smile They also make Playtex Sport designed just for athletic gals!
Lauren C.

by Lovekatniss23 on 8/9/2012 5:17:30 PM

,*MODMODMOD* Up until this summer, I was a flat AA. I didn't even have to wear a bra. But my boobs sort of exploded overnight and now, they are steadily growing.

Hey girl! While I understand your message, I had to edit it out for language, but read on for advice! You need to develop a new wardrobe and get bras that fit.  Some of the negative attention is most likely from wearing shirts you wore when you were flatter, so now everyone notices your chest.  You also should be careful using your chest to get attention from guys. Putting ANY focus on your body for attention, no matter what the reason, invites people to focus on your body and you might get more bad attention.  Try to accept your new body, but be careful while you adjust.
Kate G.

by FlyingChic on 7/19/2012 3:16:47 PM

mod mod mod mod
so im 15 and ive had my period since i was 10 and i still cant get a tampon to...go where its supposed to. ive read the instructions a billion times but it like wont go up, like theres something blocking it.

Hey girl! Chances are you are stressed and that's making it hard for the tampon to go in.  Relax, take a deep breath, and try once your period has been going for a day or two, it will be easier then.  If it won't go in at all, talk to your doctor next time you're in for a check up and they can make sure everything is alright.  xoxo

Kate G.

by gleek97 on 7/17/2012 1:50:58 AM

When i shave the upper part of my legs i get red itchy bumps. What should i do?

by liv22 on 7/12/2012 10:27:20 PM

MODMODMOD
About my last comment, i forgot to say that i only can wear pink eyeshadow, and lipgloss and lipstick. How can i convince my mom to let me try other types of make-up. Sorry for the mix-up

Hey girl!  Ask your mom if you can branch out into other neutral eyeshadows and get a very light blush.  Gold and light brown eye shadow and very faint bronze for your cheeks work on almost anyone!  Take little steps to building a makeup collection and your mom will see that you can handle more choice.  Also, there are a lot of shades of pink lipstick, so branch out a little and have fun with it! xoxo

Kate G.