10 HOURS AGO Is your best friend a true friend? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/oqUldKXc7j

13 HOURS AGO Spring rolls anyone!? This recipe is amazeballs: http://t.co/6NEPSeFm3o

14 HOURS AGO 10+ ways to pump up your boring ponytail: http://t.co/fryFYM1JmK

COMMENTS

Your ultimate summer beauty survival guide

Embarrassing summer sitch? Not anymore! Here's how to be totes prepared...

mod mod mod
if your shaving and you get a cut should you lotion them afterwords or will you get an infection or something because I never use bandages it never bleed that bad but can you get an infection from the lotion?

Hey girl,

I don't think lotion can infect you, but I would try to use an unscented version so that you don't irritate it more.

Meghan D.

by PlushPurplePanda on 6/22/2012 5:10:28 PM

MODMODMOD!
this is the first year i've ever had a bikini. whenever i shave my "bikini area" i always have red bumps and the hair grows back every day. i'll be staying at a hotel (with a pool) in a couple of weekends, so i want to look and feel my best. plus, one of my crushes will be there too! i need help to get rid of the bumps!

Hey girl!

There are a few things you can do. The reason your hair grows back every day is because shaving only gets rid of the hair on the surface, not the hair follicle in your skin. Waxing is the best way to remove the hair for a longer period of time, but there's a chance your mom might not be OK with you getting waxed yet. Before you shave, make sure to exfoliate your bikini area with a washcloth to get rid of all the dead skin. That will help prevent the red bumps. Also, don't shave it every day. I know that can be hard, but if you let the hair grow out just a little bit, it will be easier to get rid of.
Rachael A.

by ccy4198 on 6/22/2012 1:42:13 PM

mod mod mod!!!
about 2 weeks ago for about 4 or 5 days i had really painfull stomach cramps, randomly. Now today ive had tons of vaginal discharge. does this mean my period is going to happen really soon?

Hey
girlie!

You will most likely start your period fairly soon. Cramps and that “clear
white stuff” are pretty sure signs of your period. Check out this link for more
info! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/02/04/period-qa-discharge.aspx

Catherine C.

by fmo877 on 6/22/2012 12:09:09 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!
I'm 13 and I don't know how to shave! I scared of hurting myself! Can you help me? Also what's a good swimsuit for full figured girls? Thx <3

Hey girl! Check out this link for a perfect shave! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/06/05/6-steps-to-a-perfectly-smooth-shave.aspx Try a cute one suit with a cool pattern for a flattering fit!

Catherine C.

by lavlo on 6/22/2012 2:54:57 AM

i want one of my friends to sleepover for the first time. We are good friends we just haven't hung out before. What are some things we can do? Thanks Smile

Hey girlie,

Just try to relax! If you're already good friends, it'll all come naturally and you'll have a great time. Play board games, watch movies, bake some sweet treats, swap secrets, have some spa time where you do facials/paint nails/style each other's hair... basically a normal sleepover! Have fun!
Lauren C.

by jello4eve on 6/21/2012 9:59:15 PM

OOOHHHHHHH MY GOSH!!!! HARRY STYLES USES DRY SHAMPOO!!!!!!!
....I can't believe how much I fangirl over Hazza's shampoo...

by §♥greyson_chance♥§ on 6/21/2012 9:56:01 PM

ppl who have their period.... sorry! tht sux! i dont have mine yet and im super glad i dont!

by loppyears12 on 6/21/2012 8:32:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
do you know any waterproof eyeliner?? i where it all the time but am scared to wear it in the pool. It would help if it was a soft one instead of a pencil cuz i put it under my eyes.
THX!!

Hey girlie,

I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard N.Y.C. Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils are pretty good! (They even say "swim proof.") They're soft so they won't hurt under your eyes and they last for a long time. Usually though, when I know I'm going swimming I don't even bother using eyeliner/mascara - that way, I don't have to worry about any smudges at all Smile
Lauren C.

by skating4fun on 6/21/2012 7:23:48 PM

I was just wondering-is there anyway to get rid of freckles on your arms/legs?

by BBMarie on 6/21/2012 4:42:14 PM

MOD!!!!!
This summer, I am going to a three week overnight camp. What are some essential hair and makeup items that I need?? I have wavy dark brown hair that reaches my shoulder blades and blue eyes. Thank you!!

Hey girl! If you're going to be swimming and out in the sun, you'll definitely want to get a good shampoo and conditioner that will moisturize those wavy locks! Depending on where you're going it could get pretty hot, so make sure to get a bunch of hair ties to keep your wispies out of your face! Since you're going to sleepaway camp, I'd definitely go light on the makeup. Aveeno has a great tinted moisturizer with SPF that is perfect for covering blemishes. There are tons of awesome waterproof mascaras if you're looking to extend your lashes, but overall I'd say to stay as natural as possible. If you have fun events or dinners at night there, you may want to put on a little more makeup. Most colors are great for enhancing blue eyes, but I'd try a brown or even purple/mauve shadow. Use a light powder, add some lip gloss, and you're ready to go!

Catherine C.