10 HOURS AGO #BookClub: A lucky batch of book-lovin babes will score a copy of #Cinder to kick off our new book club. Enter here: http://t.co/UymDNwBfVb

11 HOURS AGO 7 more reasons we love hair chalkā€”get a week's worth of stellar styles: http://t.co/p7KSrefjYG

12 HOURS AGO The challenge is on, stylish sweeties! Enter the @mkc_couture #StyleSelfie contest: http://t.co/Ufc33qWyNE pic.twitter.com/FgoCyUPQST

COMMENTS

Your ultimate summer beauty survival guide

Embarrassing summer sitch? Not anymore! Here's how to be totes prepared...

Mod mOd mOd
I have this really important party to go to in a few days and I havent gotten my period yet this month (I just started this year) and it involves alot of swimming. I have never wore a tampon before and I'm nervous that if I get my period I wont be able to go. If I have to, how do I ask my mom to let me have them?

Hey Girl--

If you feel comfortable talking to your mom say something like "the big pool party is coming up and I'm worried because I'll have my period. Do you think tampons are a good idea?" Chances are, your mom wears them herself and it won't be a big deal. OR you could try putting them in the shopping cart next time you go shopping-- shell get the idea.
simone s.

by daddy'sgrl12 on 6/21/2012 4:04:26 PM

The best post ever!!! Wow, you're so witty and creative and cute!!
-Your biggest fan.

ahhh, jane-- i needed to comment on how this cute this is.

simone

simone s.

by SupportiveBoyfriend on 6/21/2012 3:51:59 PM

***************ATTENTION MUSIC LOVERS****************

Join Musicismylife
If you want to know the latest songs and want to know what songs that are great for jamming out to for summer!
Can't wait to hear what kind of music that speaks to you Smile

by aweaver13 on 6/21/2012 2:15:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
I'm a swimmer and I will be in the water all the time this summer. The thing is that my make-up always runs and I can't find any good waterproof make-up. Also my skin gets really oily but after practice my skin gets really dry. I need a good face wash that doesn't make my skin oily but also helps with the dryness. Any ideas????

Hey Girl--

You can try high quality waterproof makeup. But honestly? why not just skip the makeup if you will be swimming that day? Also, try using moisturizer after you wash your skin to combat dryness.

best of luck

simone s.

by SuperSwimmer1 on 6/21/2012 1:33:16 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!
I'm Latina, so I have very curly hair and its in layers. I love to go to the beach. My mom taught me to always put conditioner on before I go but every single time I get out of the water my hair turns into a puffy afro beast! I can't even put my hair in a ponytail because its all a mess and its like "tight" and it hurts. Is there any product/hairstyle or a trick that I can use to not get my hair like this again and to tame it? Thanks!

Hey Girl--

I would head to a hair care store and ask for a recommendation from a stylist. She can tell you what's best for your unique hair!

best of luck!
simone s.

by candygirl16 on 6/21/2012 12:25:52 PM

Do people really shave in random public places.... awkard

by PANDAS616 on 6/21/2012 11:13:19 AM

Thanks!!
ATTENTION NIALL HORAN LOVERS!!!
Do you love the adorable blonde from one direction. If the answers yes join my club "Mrs.Niall Horans!!!! <3" You can find it on my profile!!!

by Kenzielynn on 6/21/2012 10:19:38 AM

GL-I must say I really love the new way the home page is set up! its awesome! I love girlslife!!

by honeycakes on 6/21/2012 9:18:03 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD!!!
I haven't gotten my first period yet, but my health teacher told us that when girls are in water, they can't get their period. Is it true? Should they wear tampons just in case? I'm just curious.

Hey Girl--

I would wear a tampon just in case. While your period probably will "stop" or slow down while you're in the water, there are no guarantees. Plus, it will start again as soon as you get out of the water.

good luck!
simone s.

by AlwaysDreamer on 6/21/2012 8:58:08 AM

Modmodmodmod!!
O...M...G... I'm probably going to get my period next week(not my first one, I've had them a looong time). The problem? I'll be at camp! We'll be swimming all the time! I've tried tampons several times before, but they just won't go in! I've used pads before in the pool, and nothing has happened(my period kinda temporarily stopped while in there). What should I do?!?! Thanks in advance<3

Hey Girl--

I'm sure you're not the only girl there worried about getting her period. Tampons really are the best choice if you want to be able to swim. Check out our guide: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx

good luck!