1 HOURS AGO #PhotoMathApp —homework helper, or cheating device? http://t.co/pUKISaXdYG

2 HOURS AGO 10 last minute costumes straight from your closet: http://t.co/PUCimvKw1G

3 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 block the cold with tough @UrbanOGcom ankle booties: http://t.co/Q1Z32YfVEN

COMMENTS

Your ultimate summer beauty survival guide

Embarrassing summer sitch? Not anymore! Here's how to be totes prepared...

instead of shaving cream u can use conditioner

by bella0105 on 6/27/2013 2:08:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm trying to get a tampon in because my friend is having a pool party because its the last day of summer vaccation (it is here anyways) but whenever i put in the applicator, it feels like something's blocking it and that its hitting something. Why is it hurting?

Hey girl,

It shouldn't hurt. Maybe you're inserting it at a weird angle?

Check out these links for more help: http://www.girlslife.com/category/periods-period.aspx

Good luck!

Alexis G.

by Teddy.bear123 on 9/3/2012 1:14:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm stuck at home for the day because i'm still sick. I am so bored. I have been sick since like almost 1 week ago, so i've already done everything there is to do (reading, computer, TV, movie) what should i do? Thanks

Hey girlie,

Try getting organized or giving yourself a manicure. Go outside and enjoy the last few rays of summer sun. Feel better soon!
Alexis G.

by swifty#1 on 9/3/2012 1:08:54 PM

I get pimples on my legs! I put on lotion and I use a nice shaver but im still not sure whats causing it or how do get rid of them. Do you have any tips?

Hey HoopsGirl99, it could be the razor causing the bumps. Try using Nair removal lotion. It's a lotion you put on your legs and let sit for a while, then you wipe away the lotion and hair with a rag or cloth. Try that and see if the bumps go away. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by HoopsGirl99 on 9/2/2012 7:59:55 PM

i have veeerrryyy oily skin and its getting really annoying because before i go to school i put on makeup and you cant really tell my skin is oily. but next thing i know, when i get to class, my face is already oily and sweaty! what should i do? xx

Hey girlie,

Check out the oily-skin face wash in this article: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/04/17/Get-clear-skin-in-time-for-spring.aspx I love that cleanser because it really gets in there and clears away the oil! Wash with this in the morning before you put makeup on. You could also bring oil blotting sheets (Clean & Clear makes a pack of them) - one sheet will immediately zap up oil from your cheeks, nose, etc! Then wash again at night before bed. Smile
Lauren C.

by ashley9845 on 8/16/2012 7:18:45 PM

I'm a gymnast( I do a lot of gymnastics) what's best to use during your period?

Hey girlie,

Since you'll be wearing tight leotards and doing all sorts of flipping around, it's probably best to use tampons during your period. It'll keep you clean and dry without getting bulky or moving around like pads do! I use Tampax Pearl and totally recommend them Smile They also make Playtex Sport designed just for athletic gals!
Lauren C.

by Lovekatniss23 on 8/9/2012 5:17:30 PM

,*MODMODMOD* Up until this summer, I was a flat AA. I didn't even have to wear a bra. But my boobs sort of exploded overnight and now, they are steadily growing.

Hey girl! While I understand your message, I had to edit it out for language, but read on for advice! You need to develop a new wardrobe and get bras that fit.  Some of the negative attention is most likely from wearing shirts you wore when you were flatter, so now everyone notices your chest.  You also should be careful using your chest to get attention from guys. Putting ANY focus on your body for attention, no matter what the reason, invites people to focus on your body and you might get more bad attention.  Try to accept your new body, but be careful while you adjust.
Kate G.

by FlyingChic on 7/19/2012 3:16:47 PM

mod mod mod mod
so im 15 and ive had my period since i was 10 and i still cant get a tampon to...go where its supposed to. ive read the instructions a billion times but it like wont go up, like theres something blocking it.

Hey girl! Chances are you are stressed and that's making it hard for the tampon to go in.  Relax, take a deep breath, and try once your period has been going for a day or two, it will be easier then.  If it won't go in at all, talk to your doctor next time you're in for a check up and they can make sure everything is alright.  xoxo

Kate G.

by gleek97 on 7/17/2012 1:50:58 AM

When i shave the upper part of my legs i get red itchy bumps. What should i do?

by liv22 on 7/12/2012 10:27:20 PM

MODMODMOD
About my last comment, i forgot to say that i only can wear pink eyeshadow, and lipgloss and lipstick. How can i convince my mom to let me try other types of make-up. Sorry for the mix-up

Hey girl!  Ask your mom if you can branch out into other neutral eyeshadows and get a very light blush.  Gold and light brown eye shadow and very faint bronze for your cheeks work on almost anyone!  Take little steps to building a makeup collection and your mom will see that you can handle more choice.  Also, there are a lot of shades of pink lipstick, so branch out a little and have fun with it! xoxo

Kate G.

by cookiemomaallie on 7/12/2012 10:31:51 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
So i want to try new make-up how do i convince my mom to let me try it??

Hey babe, what do you mean by new makeup? If you already wear makeup, then she shouldn't have a problem with you testing out different brands, unless they're more expensive. And in that case, you might just have to offer to pay the difference yourself. If you don't wear makeup yet, you can explain to her that it'll make you feel more confident and boost your self-esteem to wear some. You're just tryin' to love yourself more, which is fine.
Carrie R.

by cookiemomaallie on 7/11/2012 4:07:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
So, I get to wear makeup starting today, and I get to see my bf tonight. He's said that he thinks that people look better without it, but he wasn't going to leave me because I wore it.
What if he thinks I don't look good though?
I need help! What should I do?!

Hey Girl--

When guys say they don't like makeup, they usually mean makeup they can notice. So skip the dramatic eyeshadow hues and instead play around with a LITTLE bronzer or mascara.

best of luck!
simone s.

by allisonwostn on 7/10/2012 3:20:01 PM

mod MOD MOD MOD
Im a fish. i swim a bunch. i havent started my peiod yet but when i do my mom wont let me use tampons any other suggestions?

Hey girlie,

If you can't have tampons, you will have to stay out of the water while you have your period.

Meghan D.

by watsmyuser on 7/6/2012 9:09:56 PM

I have the most embarrassing problem EVER. My armpits sweat nonstop. I get soaking wet, huge pit stains in my shirt by 10 a.m and I am just over my head here. I'm really worried because I've bought new school clothes and I know I'm just gonna sweat through them. It's making me feel really bad and I avoid wearing things that I'd like to if this wasn't happening. I wear an antipersperant-deoderant and I've tried just chilling out and not stressing about it. It will not go away. So if you have any suggestions for this, please help me out if you can.
Thanks.

If you're really worried, you can talk to your doc about getting a prescription strength deodorant. But since it's summer, you're probably just sweating like normal, so relax and don't worry about it because everyone else is sweating too!

Meghan D.

by CountryCutie4 on 6/29/2012 9:39:38 PM

hey! join the popularity club! its awesome! also join the pretty community roleplay! Dylan and Clair spots are still open! also(again) become a fan of my advice queen page! im helping girls who need help with decorating!

by coolgal332 on 6/29/2012 5:28:45 PM

My summer emergency tip is to always pack lip balm with SPF.

by supersingershannon on 6/26/2012 5:32:35 PM

I'm leaving for my grandparents in the next couple days and have no clue what to pack. Also their pool broke last year and I want to work on my tan. Please help thanks!

hey! you should lok up the weather and pack accordingly. The important thing is to pack lots of comfy clothes Smile  Maybe they've fixed their pool by now?

Helen S.

by gsgirl03 on 6/25/2012 8:06:37 PM

You should have added sunscreen lol Tong

by bayleesaysrawr on 6/23/2012 5:02:59 PM

This helps

by amileofroses on 6/22/2012 10:58:01 PM

Hey everyone do you like riddles or illusion that'll that lets you have fun and learn? Then go to my new blog "Riddles, Quizzes, illusions, and more!" It takes on a fun adventure of riddles test and more! Check it out!

by gemstone_smile5 on 6/22/2012 8:18:50 PM

mod mod mod
if your shaving and you get a cut should you lotion them afterwords or will you get an infection or something because I never use bandages it never bleed that bad but can you get an infection from the lotion?

Hey girl,

I don't think lotion can infect you, but I would try to use an unscented version so that you don't irritate it more.

Meghan D.

by PlushPurplePanda on 6/22/2012 5:10:28 PM

MODMODMOD!
this is the first year i've ever had a bikini. whenever i shave my "bikini area" i always have red bumps and the hair grows back every day. i'll be staying at a hotel (with a pool) in a couple of weekends, so i want to look and feel my best. plus, one of my crushes will be there too! i need help to get rid of the bumps!

Hey girl!

There are a few things you can do. The reason your hair grows back every day is because shaving only gets rid of the hair on the surface, not the hair follicle in your skin. Waxing is the best way to remove the hair for a longer period of time, but there's a chance your mom might not be OK with you getting waxed yet. Before you shave, make sure to exfoliate your bikini area with a washcloth to get rid of all the dead skin. That will help prevent the red bumps. Also, don't shave it every day. I know that can be hard, but if you let the hair grow out just a little bit, it will be easier to get rid of.
Rachael A.

by ccy4198 on 6/22/2012 1:42:13 PM

mod mod mod!!!
about 2 weeks ago for about 4 or 5 days i had really painfull stomach cramps, randomly. Now today ive had tons of vaginal discharge. does this mean my period is going to happen really soon?

Hey
girlie!

You will most likely start your period fairly soon. Cramps and that “clear
white stuff” are pretty sure signs of your period. Check out this link for more
info! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/02/04/period-qa-discharge.aspx

Catherine C.

by fmo877 on 6/22/2012 12:09:09 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!
I'm 13 and I don't know how to shave! I scared of hurting myself! Can you help me? Also what's a good swimsuit for full figured girls? Thx <3

Hey girl! Check out this link for a perfect shave! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/06/05/6-steps-to-a-perfectly-smooth-shave.aspx Try a cute one suit with a cool pattern for a flattering fit!

Catherine C.

by lavlo on 6/22/2012 2:54:57 AM

i want one of my friends to sleepover for the first time. We are good friends we just haven't hung out before. What are some things we can do? Thanks Smile

Hey girlie,

Just try to relax! If you're already good friends, it'll all come naturally and you'll have a great time. Play board games, watch movies, bake some sweet treats, swap secrets, have some spa time where you do facials/paint nails/style each other's hair... basically a normal sleepover! Have fun!
Lauren C.

by jello4eve on 6/21/2012 9:59:15 PM

OOOHHHHHHH MY GOSH!!!! HARRY STYLES USES DRY SHAMPOO!!!!!!!
....I can't believe how much I fangirl over Hazza's shampoo...

by §♥greyson_chance♥§ on 6/21/2012 9:56:01 PM

ppl who have their period.... sorry! tht sux! i dont have mine yet and im super glad i dont!

by loppyears12 on 6/21/2012 8:32:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
do you know any waterproof eyeliner?? i where it all the time but am scared to wear it in the pool. It would help if it was a soft one instead of a pencil cuz i put it under my eyes.
THX!!

Hey girlie,

I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard N.Y.C. Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils are pretty good! (They even say "swim proof.") They're soft so they won't hurt under your eyes and they last for a long time. Usually though, when I know I'm going swimming I don't even bother using eyeliner/mascara - that way, I don't have to worry about any smudges at all Smile
Lauren C.

by skating4fun on 6/21/2012 7:23:48 PM

I was just wondering-is there anyway to get rid of freckles on your arms/legs?

by BBMarie on 6/21/2012 4:42:14 PM

MOD!!!!!
This summer, I am going to a three week overnight camp. What are some essential hair and makeup items that I need?? I have wavy dark brown hair that reaches my shoulder blades and blue eyes. Thank you!!

Hey girl! If you're going to be swimming and out in the sun, you'll definitely want to get a good shampoo and conditioner that will moisturize those wavy locks! Depending on where you're going it could get pretty hot, so make sure to get a bunch of hair ties to keep your wispies out of your face! Since you're going to sleepaway camp, I'd definitely go light on the makeup. Aveeno has a great tinted moisturizer with SPF that is perfect for covering blemishes. There are tons of awesome waterproof mascaras if you're looking to extend your lashes, but overall I'd say to stay as natural as possible. If you have fun events or dinners at night there, you may want to put on a little more makeup. Most colors are great for enhancing blue eyes, but I'd try a brown or even purple/mauve shadow. Use a light powder, add some lip gloss, and you're ready to go!

Catherine C.

by kittypryde676 on 6/21/2012 4:05:32 PM

Mod mOd mOd
I have this really important party to go to in a few days and I havent gotten my period yet this month (I just started this year) and it involves alot of swimming. I have never wore a tampon before and I'm nervous that if I get my period I wont be able to go. If I have to, how do I ask my mom to let me have them?

Hey Girl--

If you feel comfortable talking to your mom say something like "the big pool party is coming up and I'm worried because I'll have my period. Do you think tampons are a good idea?" Chances are, your mom wears them herself and it won't be a big deal. OR you could try putting them in the shopping cart next time you go shopping-- shell get the idea.
simone s.

by daddy'sgrl12 on 6/21/2012 4:04:26 PM

The best post ever!!! Wow, you're so witty and creative and cute!!
-Your biggest fan.

ahhh, jane-- i needed to comment on how this cute this is.

simone

simone s.

by SupportiveBoyfriend on 6/21/2012 3:51:59 PM

***************ATTENTION MUSIC LOVERS****************

Join Musicismylife
If you want to know the latest songs and want to know what songs that are great for jamming out to for summer!
Can't wait to hear what kind of music that speaks to you Smile

by aweaver13 on 6/21/2012 2:15:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
I'm a swimmer and I will be in the water all the time this summer. The thing is that my make-up always runs and I can't find any good waterproof make-up. Also my skin gets really oily but after practice my skin gets really dry. I need a good face wash that doesn't make my skin oily but also helps with the dryness. Any ideas????

Hey Girl--

You can try high quality waterproof makeup. But honestly? why not just skip the makeup if you will be swimming that day? Also, try using moisturizer after you wash your skin to combat dryness.

best of luck

simone s.

by SuperSwimmer1 on 6/21/2012 1:33:16 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!
I'm Latina, so I have very curly hair and its in layers. I love to go to the beach. My mom taught me to always put conditioner on before I go but every single time I get out of the water my hair turns into a puffy afro beast! I can't even put my hair in a ponytail because its all a mess and its like "tight" and it hurts. Is there any product/hairstyle or a trick that I can use to not get my hair like this again and to tame it? Thanks!

Hey Girl--

I would head to a hair care store and ask for a recommendation from a stylist. She can tell you what's best for your unique hair!

best of luck!
simone s.

by candygirl16 on 6/21/2012 12:25:52 PM

Do people really shave in random public places.... awkard

by PANDAS616 on 6/21/2012 11:13:19 AM

Thanks!!
ATTENTION NIALL HORAN LOVERS!!!
Do you love the adorable blonde from one direction. If the answers yes join my club "Mrs.Niall Horans!!!! <3" You can find it on my profile!!!

by Kenzielynn on 6/21/2012 10:19:38 AM

GL-I must say I really love the new way the home page is set up! its awesome! I love girlslife!!

by honeycakes on 6/21/2012 9:18:03 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD!!!
I haven't gotten my first period yet, but my health teacher told us that when girls are in water, they can't get their period. Is it true? Should they wear tampons just in case? I'm just curious.

Hey Girl--

I would wear a tampon just in case. While your period probably will "stop" or slow down while you're in the water, there are no guarantees. Plus, it will start again as soon as you get out of the water.

good luck!
simone s.

by AlwaysDreamer on 6/21/2012 8:58:08 AM

Modmodmodmod!!
O...M...G... I'm probably going to get my period next week(not my first one, I've had them a looong time). The problem? I'll be at camp! We'll be swimming all the time! I've tried tampons several times before, but they just won't go in! I've used pads before in the pool, and nothing has happened(my period kinda temporarily stopped while in there). What should I do?!?! Thanks in advance<3

Hey Girl--

I'm sure you're not the only girl there worried about getting her period. Tampons really are the best choice if you want to be able to swim. Check out our guide: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx

good luck!
simone s.

by EgirlH.97 on 6/21/2012 8:22:55 AM

I do not have any summer emergency tips I'd like to share with you.

by otter77 on 6/21/2012 1:16:26 AM

Thanks soo much! I always seem to look kinda... blah during summer! Haha this should help!

by sprinklz28 on 6/21/2012 12:38:12 AM