22 MINUTES AGO 4 things that could cause serious probs "down there" http://t.co/py0Tymr2JB

AN HOUR AGO The real reason your ex doesn't wanna be friends after the breakup: http://t.co/BQy2Q6DFT5

2 HOURS AGO The shocking truth about flu shots: http://t.co/LX6Niz48FW

COMMENTS

4 steps to a pool-perfect period

Your bestie is dyin’ to go to the pool, but that monthly nuisance just showed up to put a damper on your swimmin’ style. You’re thinkin’ of...

These articles really help!

by jellyfish1999 on 7/17/2012 5:12:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm having trouble with tampons. When i practice putting it in at home it works, but whenever i really need to put one in fast (like at camp a few weeks ago) i can never do it! any advice? also, whenever i shave the upper half of my legs i get red itchy bumps. what should i do?

Hey girlie,

Take your time, take a deep breath, and relax! You're putting pressure on yourself to rush and get the tampon in, which only makes it harder to insert it. Over time, you'll get so much better at putting in the tampon when you're pressed for time - but, for now, try not to worry about being done really quick. And if you think about it, being home and being in public aren't very different - you might be less comfortable in an unfamiliar place, but you can still take your time and get it in there right Smile
Lauren C.

by liv22 on 7/12/2012 10:37:03 PM

I have gotten this bloody discharge in my underwear like three times this year. I am confused if this is my period or not. I am 15 and having been getting normal discharge for like a year. When am i going to get my period.? Thanks.

Hey girl! This sounds like your period, and you're the right age to be starting.  Is it coming at about the same time every month? How long does it last? Those can be hints as to whether it's your period or something else that you need to get checked out.  I'd talk to your doc.  They can also clue you in on if you're going to get your period soon (if you haven't already). xoxo

Kate G.

by rbkitcat97 on 7/12/2012 11:14:19 AM

I'm just wondering, what is a mod? Could someone p,ease tell me?? and I'd appreciate it if it wasn't a link. I'm ok with links but I use my iPad so it can be very slow. Thanks everybody!!

Hey girl!  I'm a mod (along with a bunch of other girls like me).  We give advice to girls like you who write in the comments section.  If you have a question and need one of us to answer, type "MOD MOD MOD" at the top of your comment and we'll answer it!  xoxo

Kate G.

by dancerchick02 on 7/12/2012 1:56:59 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
so, i have had my period for a little over half a year now and have used pads since I started. I read online about menstrual cups which are supposed to make your period waaayyy easier by not forcing you to carry around extra materials so I bought one but I am having alot of trouble putting it in! help! and also, I have been having a very light, dark brown period for the past few days which is not normal at all for me! i'm sort of worried but I don't want to worry my mom about it.

Hey babe, sorry it's so tricky to put the cup in, but just read the directions carefully and be patient. You'll get it. And about your period, don't stress. Periods can be funky and irregular for the first two years after your first one, so just ride this one out. It'll straighten itself out soon.
Carrie R.

by kwr3000 on 7/11/2012 2:52:04 PM

Megan 328,
no, you cant wear a pad in the pool. think of it this way, a pad absorbs any liquid it comes in contact with. itll swell up like a diaper right when you step in the water and wont have any more room 2 absorb what you want it to. if you dont wear tampons, try 'em! they arent as bad as you think...like at all they r really nice actuallyTong hope this helped! Smile

by summergirl190 on 7/11/2012 2:16:22 PM

i don't where tampons!So can you where pads in the pool if not what am i suppose to do?

by Megan328 on 7/11/2012 1:16:47 PM

dear Piano player114,
if she is a very trusty friend you can tell her that your on your period and it might leak through onto the sheets. Or you can wear overnight pads i prefer u by kotex

by rileyroo789 on 7/10/2012 7:32:54 PM

I read in Girl's Life's latest issue that a girl put on a tampon and had possibly broke her hymen. Now I'm afraid to use tampons. Is there a way to possibly try and avoid breaking it when I get my period?

hey! well, since you can't really see down there, there's no guarantee. In my opinion that sounds extremely rare and unlikely. I've heard of some girls breaking their hymens while horsebackriding. and that's way more intense than inserting a tampon. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I wanted you to know that probably won't happen.

Helen S.

by FaithPetrowski on 7/10/2012 6:51:18 PM

Last month I had a really heavy period and at night it leaked onto my bed. This month I am going to be at a friends house while on my period. What if it is heavy and leaks onto her sheets?

by Piano player114 on 7/9/2012 11:29:44 PM