11 MINUTES AGO LONG LIVE #ALEXRUSSO!!! @selenagomez: http://t.co/Sjy2FP9ZlU

12 HOURS AGO Why using dryer sheets could be a health risk 😷:http://t.co/5YY4YXjU6ww

15 HOURS AGO Forget whatcha heard! Gingers do, indeed, have souls: http://t.co/00mxgpFRev

COMMENTS

4 steps to a pool-perfect period

Your bestie is dyin’ to go to the pool, but that monthly nuisance just showed up to put a damper on your swimmin’ style. You’re thinkin’ of...

I really want to wear tampons and have had my period for nearly a year now and im going to into 7th grade, but i dont know how to ask my mom if i can wear tampons or not. Someone please HELP!!!!

Hey girlie!

I know these tips are for convince your mom to let you shave, but they work just as well for convince her to let you wear tampons! Remember, stay calm and collected when you talk to her so that she knows you're responsible and ready to take this next step.

Catherine C.

by rhylaej on 7/9/2012 1:19:00 PM

MOD
I'm going on vacation in week and my period is going to come that day, I'm going to Hawaii with lots of swimming snorkeling and surfing what do I do? Btw I'm 14 and not willing to try any pills or anything! Thanks
<3 -ilove1D1313

Hey girl, since you're going to be in the water, tampons are your best bet. Don't sweat it, you'll have a great trip!

lauren r.

by Ilove1D1313 on 7/8/2012 2:32:05 AM

Hey k123k, I don't usually wear tampons but the one time I did they were Kotex. They were easy to insert, came in nice colors and had helpful instructions. So check them out chicky. Hope that helps girl! Xx

MOD!!!
could you please tell me what the best tampons are for beginners? I went into the tampon isle today and I had no idea what I should buy because I wasn't sure what brand would be easiest to insert and remove. Please help cause I'm gonna go buy some tomorrow! I cant ask my mom cause she has never used tampons! thanks in advance Lynae P.

by k123k on 7/7/2012 4:18:44 PM

im sorry this is adding on to my previous comment!! its 28-30 days not 28-40. but then arises another problem! i had my period april 21-27 but i totally skipped may!! and as mentioned in my previos mod comment, that is when i satred my third in june 3. IM AM SO SORRY THAT THERE ARE TOO MAANY NUMBERS THAT I AM OVERWHELMING YOU WITH. I totally skipped a month and then i had two periods a week apart in the other month!! I hope IM OKAY!!

Haha, no apology necessary! I totally understand how confusing and worrisome that kind of stuff can be. If you skip or miss your period often, that could be a sign that you're not healthy (perhaps your diet needs to be changed), but if you then had your period, twice, I'm sure that it's just an irregular time and your hormones just need some time to get back on track!
Kelly G.

by amerifreak on 7/4/2012 2:28:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a small worry about my period intervals. My third period ended on June 10, starting on June 3, but it cam back on June 17! I am aware that the average time between periods are 28-40 days, but what is happening here? should i be concerned that it is only a week difference?
THANK YOU!!

Hey sweetie,

Was the second one a full-blown period or was it just spotting? Spotting is totally normal, it's basically like a mini-period that just happens once in a while. Even if it was a regular period, it's nothing to worry about. Periods can be irregular, and almost everyone goes through an irregularity with it. Periods can take years to really get on a regular cycle, and even then they're not always guaranteed. Don't worry, girl!
Kelly G.

by amerifreak on 7/4/2012 2:22:45 PM

MOD!!
I have a question. Okay so I typically buy my own supplies for my period and I really want to try tampons for summer instead of pads. The problem is, I'm not sure if my mom would allow me to use them. Since I buy them myself would it really even be necessary for me to ask her? Is this a decision that I should be able to just make for myself?

Hey babe, if you're not sure your mom would like you using tampons, why don't you ask her? There's really nothing wrong with using tampons, and they won't do anything harmful to your bod. So I don't know why she'd have a problem. But at the same time, if you don't ask her permission, it's probably not a big deal either. If you'd like to give 'em a try, go ahead.
Carrie R.

by k123k on 7/4/2012 10:57:43 AM

Love shopping? Need style advice? Live for fashion? If you answered yes to any of these questions then my club, Fashion Blogs is for you! We share fashion and beauty tips, sales at our fave stores, our outfits of the day, new trends, polls, and quizzes! We also talk about celeb fashion and even have monthly contests! Positions are open to apply for too!
Please join now!
♥dancer♥

by dancer2998 on 7/3/2012 11:54:22 AM

Mod Mod Mod
Ok so I think I had my period, but I'm not sure because it was more brown than it was red, when I talked to my mom about it she said that it should turn redder later in my period but it didn't. It only lasted about four days and was pretty light, I only used light pads/heavy liners but I had to change them pretty often. Is it normal to have it brown through my whole period or was it something else?

Hey girl!  Everyone's period is a different color, and sometimes periods aren't red like the blood you bleed when you have a cut.  Chances are, that was your period, so be ready for it in about 28 days (may not be exact, those sneaky periods are usually irregular in the beginning).  If it comes again, then you know, but if not, then it was something else and you might want to talk to your doctor.  xoxo

Kate G.

by ThornedRose on 7/3/2012 10:46:41 AM

MODMOMODMODMODMODMODMOD
okay one last question!(i know! sorry!)
is it a good idea to wear a panty liner just in case??

Hey girlie!  Wearing a panty liner just in case is a great idea for hanging out on land, but it'll soak up the water if you jump into a pool to get cool. xoxo

Kate G.

by WhiteStripe3 on 7/2/2012 10:41:40 PM

This would be very helpful if I was actually able to put a tampon in... -_-

by mcw99 on 7/2/2012 9:22:17 PM