AN HOUR AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

2 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

3 HOURS AGO 5 fab beauty uses for tea tree oil: http://t.co/IFbME5OIxt

COMMENTS

4 steps to a pool-perfect period

Your bestie is dyin’ to go to the pool, but that monthly nuisance just showed up to put a damper on your swimmin’ style. You’re thinkin’ of...

MODMODMODMODMOD
not to be a bother but:
this is in response to my last comment, so i looked at my panties again, and the dot is REALLLLLLY TINY AND LIGHT!!!! and im not compleatly sure i got it. what do i do???? whats going on!?!?!?!? PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

hey! no problem, it may be about to start in a day or so, or maybe you've got longer than that. I think the best thing to do is keep tabs on the situation and see what happens. bring a pad with you when you go places in case. At lest you're on your guard!

Helen S.

by WhiteStripe3 on 7/2/2012 7:11:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Alright, ive tried tampons all the timeee..! and they wont go "in" i have no clue what im doing! Can you please help!?! Thanks so so much!

Helen S.

by chickbballin on 7/2/2012 7:01:47 PM

MODMODMODMOD
Sombody please explain to me what is going on?!
so i went to the bathroom and there was this tiny faint reddish pink dot nest to my discharge HELP ASAP!!!!

Hey! You may be starting your period, but it sounds like it hasn't really gotten heavy or anything yet. Ask a trusted adult for a pad and if you are by yourself, fold up some toilet paper to line your panties until you can buy a pad. congratulations! This is a big step in your lifeSmile good luck!

Helen S.

by WhiteStripe3 on 7/2/2012 5:18:25 PM

MOD
Hey, two days ago my discharge started to come out as a brownish color.I have also been having cramps and been sorta nauseous. Is my period going to come soon? Or is something wrong with me?? Please help.

Hey girl, Sounds like your period is on it's way!  If you don't feel better or start your period in a couple days, talk to your mom, because it might be something else.  Until then, be prepared, you're probably going to get your period soon.  xoxo

Kate G.

by KatieBell23 on 7/2/2012 4:49:30 PM

My parents are divorced, and when I get my period, at my dad's house, how will I get my supply of pads and tampons? Help me!

Hey girlie!  Ask your dad to pick you up a box next time he goes grocery shopping or bring over some from your mom's house!  Dads know that girls get periods around your age, so both of you might be a little embarrassed at first, but you'll get used to it in a couple months.

Kate G.

by scruffythecrow on 7/2/2012 2:25:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I am supost to get my period this next year, and all of my friends tell me that the doctor is wrong, and you get your period earlier or later. And it seems weird to ask your mom, even though we are REALLY close, about it! WHAT SHOULD I DO?!

Hey girl!

You can never really predict when exactly you'll get your period. Since you and your mom are close, you should totally ask her about it. That's part of what moms are there for!
Rachael A.

by scruffythecrow on 7/2/2012 12:30:59 PM

i know that all you you will think i am cuckoo but i always go to the pool without a tampon. in my first experience, th water;s pressure actualy goes against your you know, thus blocking the flow of you know what. i dont know if any of you believe me but it really works. I'm not suer if it works on EVERYONE but i took this advice from a friend that has a totally different body from me. i wear a liner in my swimsuit just in case i leak an when i get out of the pool and change there is absolutlely no blood to begin or end with. So dont worry if you forget to wear your tampon on pool day because despite what your mom says its ok to swim without a tampon

by amerifreak on 7/1/2012 7:31:54 PM

MOD!(:
I got my first period a few weeks ago (June 14-19), and I was just wondering when I might expect it again? I know that they don't usually start out regular, but next month around the 13th, I'm going to be on vacation...so are there any signs I should look for to let me know when it's coming? Thanks!(:

Hey girlie,

Most gals get their periods every 28-30 days. Basically once a month! But like you said, it's totally normal for them to be irregular for a while, so it's kinda hard to predict. Just be patient and be prepared by bringing supplies with ya when you go. It's possible that you will get it before/on vacation, so pay attention to cramps (they feel like the achy pain you feel before you're gonna have - sorry, TMI - diarrhea), mood swings, cravings, or any tired feelings. And check our Periods, Period category to learn even more about it! Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/periods-period.aspx
Lauren C.

by QTpi on 6/30/2012 10:22:20 PM

So today my period started and I'm fine whatever I've had it for 2yrs but in five days (July 5th) my friend asked me to go to the beach I've never had this problem before what should I do? Please help

by lolgurl23 on 6/30/2012 3:46:45 PM

I'm always afraid i will get my first period when im in the water D:

by armytank on 6/29/2012 11:26:08 AM