3 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

4 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

5 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

How To: Make your own lipstick palette

It’s travel season! If you take forever choosing your favorite lippies for when you’re on the go, why not just bring ALL of them? We’ve found an...

if you don't have a pill box or contact cases or an artist palette for the lipsticks/lip balms, you could always use an empty eyeshadow palette case! just clean it out really well. that's what I used for this project!

by beautychic123 on 6/11/2013 12:03:58 PM

OMG!!! I'm soo gonna try this!!! Smile (Hopefully it works.....)

by wolfsrule43 on 11/6/2012 6:50:48 PM

OMG! This is such an awesome article! If anyone wants a fun or different color it's so easy!

by jmtkwalshgirl on 9/16/2012 8:14:56 PM

I absolutly loved this idea! I made the perfect color for me! It's so fun you should deffinatly try it if you haven't. Also, i found that small empty glass lotion sample things work excenlent for your colors.

by sash310 on 8/28/2012 9:30:37 AM

I did this.and i <3 the colors i made!

by sakura1240 on 8/13/2012 10:16:45 AM

i,m doing this right now! i can't wait to see it! Smile

by amanda16 on 8/7/2012 5:05:57 PM

I DOD THIS! when i saw it i did! the container i used was one of the eye shadow containers from lip smackers! i just got a paper clip and cleaned out the eye shadow and stuff then i did the procedure!

by southerngirlswagg on 8/7/2012 4:17:05 PM

So cute it's like a makeup craft...I LOVE CRAFTS!!! Yes I know I'm overly excited but it's soooo CUTE!

by individual on 8/3/2012 12:38:18 PM

please join miss makep diva

by mommy's girl on 7/26/2012 9:31:31 PM

Mod,
I can't really where make-up. but I like lip balm. Is there any lip balm with a teeny-tiny bit of color so I have a tint but no major color?

Hey Girl,

I like tinted Burt's Bees. It keeps your lips super soft and adds just a little color.

good luck!
Simone S.

by silverroseart on 7/17/2012 4:12:50 PM

I have to do this!!I am going to camp and might do it for fun and for beauty!haha please join my club Love Life and One Direction!!!haha

by gleerules101 on 7/13/2012 12:22:57 AM

I use the candle-melting procedure when i make lipstick! Plus i sometimes mix favorite shades for a new favorite customized color!

by stopthechainmail on 7/11/2012 7:41:49 PM

Is there any way to become an advice queen?

Hey girl!  On the Advice Queen page, there's a blue button with a star that says "Become and Advice Queen!"  Click on that! xoxo

Kate G.

by Kelly268 on 7/5/2012 1:43:53 PM

this is so unique and a great idea!!!

by sarahgotglassses on 7/1/2012 11:45:56 PM

If you love music then you will want to join Musicismylife.Any genre of music.

-ROCK
-POP
-BLUES
-COUNTRY
-RAP
-OLDIES
-R&B

you name it,we'll enjoy it

by aweaver13 on 6/30/2012 10:52:51 PM

couldnt you do the same thing with lip gloss? just empty some from the tube and put it in the container!

by loppyears12 on 6/29/2012 7:18:59 PM

I will try this when i find something to put it in

by kelly268 on 6/29/2012 2:48:44 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
This is a huge emergency!!!! Ok, so I'm in band and I'm got promoted! Smile but, I have a few dents in my flute!! Like 4. And when I tried 2 play it sounded wrong, and I asked the flute player next 2 me and she said there's a pad prob Frown I'm afraid if I tell my parents, they'll think I'm not responsible enough 2 b in band! Do u know if it costs a lot? But I loooove band! I really hope it's less then $200,cause then I can pay for it w/ my own $. My stomach is in knots. I can't sleep. I think about it everyday 4 the past month. My back is shakin, and my teeth r chattering. ICANT SLEEP!!! How do I tell my parents w/ out me or my mom freaken out!.?!?!?? Mod, plz answer!
I feel really bad!

Hey rockstar!

Your best bet is to tell
your mom about the flute. Since you were promoted you're definitely gonna want
to be in tip-top shape to show off your skills. When your mom isn't busy (and
in a good mood!) bring your flute to her and explain how your flute has sounded
strange the past couple of days. Tell her that a band member noticed a few
dents which apparently is causing the off-sound. Show how upset you are about
this and express your love for band so she knows how much this means to you. If
you're nice and responsible about it, she should understand. You might have to
pay for some of it but hey, you were promoted and it's your time to shine!

Catherine C.

by Krisskatt on 6/29/2012 4:13:11 AM

OK so i want to find a makeup club for tips. If you are in one or know of one can u post on my profile! Thanks

by rachelnrocks on 6/28/2012 1:09:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Can you do this with eye shadow too or no? Just curious. Smile

Hey girlie!  Since eyeshadow is a powder, unlike lipstick, you can't melt it down and put it in a new container.  That doesn't mean that you can't mix and match eyeshadows, though!  On the internet, there are blog posts on how to fix broken eyeshadows and blushes, you might be able to use the same technique to make one palette like in this post.  Just be careful, there will be a lot of dust floating around!

Kate G.

by funnyali123 on 6/26/2012 11:55:38 AM

like oh em geee i love thisSmile

by soccersav11 on 6/25/2012 9:30:23 PM

mod mod
my mom works for a makeup company and i really want to do this and all of the lipsticks are moist and she will probally say NO! for this awesome thing what should i do -ava

Hey! You should ask your mom nicely and if she still says no, maybe try to figure out a way you guys can compromise, and come up with something she would let you try Smile

Helen S.

by girlbeauty on 6/25/2012 5:40:51 PM

i am so ready to make this lip thing so much better to trsvel with

by kellbell94301 on 6/25/2012 2:58:05 PM

this is the perfect way to make ne lipsticks and lipglosses LOVE LOVE LOVE THE IDEA

by rosefairy101 on 6/25/2012 12:09:59 PM

by rosefairy101 on 6/25/2012 12:03:22 PM

I have 2 questions
1. I'm going on vacation in July and what are some cool apps I can play with? I already have temple run, mega run, gta3, and sims
2. I don't know which carry on bag I should bring. I have this one that is very organized with bunch of pockets, but it's smaller. My other one is bigger but it just has one side pocket.
Thanks so much!

Hey girl!

I have a couple suggestions. Have you tried Fruit Ninja, Draw Something, or Doodle Jump? You could try board game apps like LIFE, Monopoly, or Scrabble. Depending how much stuff you're bringing will determine which bag is best. If you have a lot, bring the bigger bag and put small items in plastic baggies so you can keep them all together.
Rachael A.

by Gabbyw123 on 6/25/2012 11:42:59 AM

MODMODMOD
In about a week, I'm going to an academic camp for three weeks. I have some eyeshadow and blush that a friend gave me, but I usually only wear it for special occasions, but I'm a little embarrassed that, at fourteen, I don't wear make-up. Should I bring what I have and use it? Or should I just not bother?

Hey girl!

Don't be embarrassed that you don't wear makeup. When I was 14, I only wore makeup on special occasions. I say bring your eyeshadow and blush and use it whenever you feel comfortable. If it makes you feel more confident, go for it!
Rachael A.

by bookaholic128 on 6/25/2012 11:23:56 AM

Mod
My mom gave me the go ahead on makeup. Any essential products advice?

Hey girl!

That's so exciting! Since your new with makeup, I would suggest not going to heavy on any products. For your skin, maybe try a tinted moisturizer or powder just to give you an even skin tone. For your eyes, pick an eyeshadow and eyeliner that really compliments your eye color. And don't go too heavy--you don't want to look like a raccoon! Mascara is always an essential. If you're into lipstick or lipgloss give it a try. Just find things you're comfortable with and really love!
Rachael A.

by timekeeper on 6/25/2012 1:51:42 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I'd really like to compliment my boyfriend on his appearance, because he's lovely but he doesn't have much confidence in his appearance. My problem is that I'm not sure how. I feel really awkward saying something like 'You look hot.' Any ideas?

Hey girl!

"You look hot" might catch him off guard a little bit, especially if he's not really used to be complimented. The next time he looks especially cute or has a nice outfit on, just casually say, "You look really nice" or "You look great." I bet he'll really appreciate it!
Rachael A.

by smilewhenyoursad on 6/25/2012 1:15:27 AM

I plan on making this tomorrow morning. I bought the lip sticks and I am using a empty watercolor set. I washed and soaked the container and it is drying right now!!!!!!!! Soooooooooo exited!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

by hidi75 on 6/24/2012 10:00:13 PM

cool!!!!

by cutiepie14231 on 6/24/2012 9:46:22 PM

when do you think is the right age for wearing make-up

by paramorefan123 on 6/24/2012 5:48:56 PM

Those cheap watercolor sets little kids use in art class would be a good container. Just wash out the paint and it has a lid and a place to put a lipstick brush!
I would do this but I don't have lipstick Frown I'll have to pick some up later!

by crystal904 on 6/24/2012 12:56:36 PM

I'm going to a co-ed camp this week. A lot of the day will be spent in either the lake or the pool. But, I'm still REALLY REALLY insecure about the way I look in my bathing suit. What are some ways I can boost my confidence this week?

Hey babe,

We've been there, girl! We totally understand how you're feeling, which is why we wrote this article earlier this month. 20 ways to boost your bikini confidence... read on and you'll rule camp with your confidence! Smile

Lauren C.

by LOVE 0123 on 6/24/2012 12:35:50 PM

Wow! Love the ideaSmile

by BBMarie on 6/24/2012 9:45:51 AM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love style and beauty and fashion and I want to be a fashion designer someday so this is perfect for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to do this right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by musicismylife198 on 6/24/2012 8:45:42 AM

THIS is what I love about GL - great article!!!

by spencer9800 on 6/24/2012 8:13:11 AM

So cute and so easy! Good sleepover activity too!

by timekeeper on 6/24/2012 3:46:03 AM

i love this! this is such a good idea <3

by tswiftluver13 on 6/24/2012 12:45:10 AM

Wow! I am going to try this because there have been some shades I wanted and just couldnt find or wasnt happy with what I did see at the drugstore.

by luckykel on 6/24/2012 12:22:34 AM