5 MINUTES AGO Hooray it's Sag season, but don't worry! We've got #horoscopes for every sign: http://t.co/2XrudTgsb8

AN HOUR AGO @michdeprince's Taking Flight is the ultimate underdog story! Enter to win a free copy from @randomhouse today: http://t.co/UT0nfOKARJ

2 HOURS AGO Does your ex deserve a second chance, or is it really donezo? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/wr05wB1eT5

COMMENTS

Make friends at camp in 60 seconds flat

We’ve all been that new girl at least once in our lives. It can be pretty tough to make a bunch of new besties at camp...

Mod
Ok so I'm the kind of person who doesn't like it when people are mad at them and always wants to make amends. So, a while back I accepted a friend request on my BBM from a girl from my dance school because I didn't want to be rude and decline it. We never really talked I just always got her forwarded messages and stuff like that then all of a sudden I get a message from her directly just saying "whore" and I was so confused. We hadn't talked since the recital at the end of May and we weren't even in the same class!!! I replied just saying what and then she sent a "Laughing" and then deleted me from her contacts right after. I don't know what I could have done to make her do that.

Hey girl,

It seems weird that she would say something like that out of the blue. Maybe it was a mistake? Try and get in touch with her and ask her what's going on. Good luck!
Alexis G.

by Mca123 on 9/3/2012 1:58:12 AM

I try. But then they take advantage of me and yell at me. Y can't I make friends?

by peppercyndaquil13 on 9/1/2012 9:53:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD--
Me and my best friend have been besties for over 3 years. But I changed schools last year, and we still got together and did stuff together because I didn't move, just changed schools. But lately she's just been really mean and nasty to me. I'll invite her over to my house for a sleepover, and then she'll face time me a few days later and she'll have one of our other friends over for a sleepover. We always drive her everywhere too, and she'll be rude and nasty in the car and during yhe activity too. She's being really nasty to me, and I don't really want to deal with her anymore. Do you know of anything I can do to, like, make her stop being nasty and to stop being friends with her? I'm really quite fed up, and we aren't even ever going to be in any classes when we go to the same high school in a couple years.

Hey girlie,

Instead of causing a big dramatic argument and "ending your friendship" for good, try to just fade away. Since you go to different schools, it shouldn't be too hard. Be less available to hang out, take a while to respond to her texts, and don't initiate any of the contact. That way, it'll seem like you both drifted apart and became friends with other people. That's normal when you're growing up, so there won't be any tension or hard feelings! It's smart to cut the negativity out of your life though - there's no reason to be around her constantly if she's always bringing you down! <3
Lauren C.

by basement kitty on 8/9/2012 9:51:40 PM

I've always been a shy person,even since I was little.I have a good group of friends and I'm friends with people even outside of my group of friends.I'm going into high school this year so I'm a little nervous but not too bad.I'd really like to make more friends from other schools too.Some people I'm friends with that are from other schools though are either 2-3 years younger or some have already graduated hs.There is a school in the county right by mine and I usually go to their games instead of my high school's games. How can I make friends from the other county? My cousins go there but I dont really get along with them. I'm not in sports either. I do kickboxing and there's a girl close to my age there but I dont talk to her.Like I said I'm really shy and never know what to say but I'd like to make friends at the other county so I have people to hangout with when I go to those football games. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Hey girl!

Even though you're a little shy, it sounds like you still are pretty good at making lots of friends! I think the key here is not to try too hard. New friends from other schools or counties will come naturally if you let it. When you go to the football game in the next county over, bring one or two of your friends from your group. It's a lot easier to socialize when you're comfortable with the people around you. If there's a friendly looking group of girls sitting next to you, tell them how you always come to their football games instead of your own--you just love their school! This will be an instant bonding moment and will open the door for conversation. New friends you make will be gradual so just let it happen. Good luck!
Rachael A.

by pinkguitar98 on 7/29/2012 11:06:28 PM

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by coolgal332 on 7/21/2012 6:26:30 PM

Thats super helpful! I don't go to summer camps, but I've always wanted to. I'm also not the best at making friends. So . . .

by giggle123 on 7/12/2012 3:43:12 PM

Mod mod mod
Tommarrow i am leaving for sleepaway camp for five days. It will be about 83 degrees everyday. I was wondering wut i should bring other than the basics like toothbrush sleeping bag etc. also how much of things do i need like bras t shirts etc? We are sleeping in a cabin and we will go swimming and other outdoorsy stuff. Also how many bags should i bring i dont want to bring more than others but im scared my stuff wont fit? Thanks

Hey girl, well bring a bathing suit, a couple of athletic outfits for games and such and then a few cute outfits for the relaxing times. Maybe a couple of sundresses? One or two bags should be good.

lauren r.

by brookerb on 7/8/2012 9:55:26 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I really need advice. Ever since I was little, I have wanted to go to sleepaway camp. When I was young though, I got homesick so I never went. I have long since outgrown the homesickness and want to go to a sleepaway camp. I am already half way done with high school and most camps don't accommodate teens. Every year I search and search and never find a camp that would be good that is in my budget. This year I found one, but it is still too expensive. They don't have camperships or anything like that to help out. I would be paying it myself with the money that I make working a part time job through the end of July. Basically, I don't think it will work out. My question is, how do I accept that I am not going to be able to go (when it is like my DREAM)? I don't want to get upset on the inside every time I think about it or I hear of someone else off at camp. Help please!

Hey girl!

I know it must be really hard to come to terms with the fact that you probably can't go to camp right now. But soon, you'll be old enough to be a counselor at camp! And although it could be hard to get a job at a sleepaway camp that you never went to as a camper, it's totally worth a try. Build up your resume by babysitting and spending time with kids since that's what you'd be doing as a counselor. Good luck!

Rachael A.

by emonroe26 on 7/2/2012 1:17:28 AM

Aaaww, this makes me think to back when i was at camp at age 9 and i was standing in line with my cabin group, and a girl in the line by smiled at me and I smiled back. Then, later, in line for food, she was standing behind me and gave me a poke and just asked, "Wanna be friends?" And we hit it off. The first thing we talked about? The guy who farted in chapel! By the end of the day, we were sitting by each other and giggling away while we all watched a movie(Veggie Tales!!!) And, when we said good night, she farted so loud we paused and looked around, hoping no one was there! I miss her, she was awesome.

by Danerka on 6/27/2012 9:36:25 AM

i hope the people at camp like me, im the new girl, but thank goodness im going with some of my friends. thanks for posting this! great tips!

by j4zm09 on 6/23/2012 8:40:07 PM