7 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

10 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

11 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

My BFF has super low self-esteem--and it's driving me nuts

My best friend and I are very close, but she has such low self-esteem. She’s always saying things like “I’m dumb,” or, “I’m so ugly.” Then she...

Wow, sounds like my BFF's clone.

by 7200wolfgirl7200 on 7/9/2012 6:25:14 PM

OMG! This girl sounds EXACTLY like my BFF! I hop to GOD that Carol's advice works on her.

by Glamor#7 on 7/8/2012 11:08:10 AM

Sounds exactly like a girl that I used to know.
She always put herself down, but still took me down with her. Her focus was always on herself and how "horrible" her life is. She never listened to me. It was all about Gracie.
Whoops! Got overboard, there! Sorry... But give your friend a hug from Mikayla. I'm thinking about her!!!! :*

by mikabean on 7/7/2012 11:47:22 PM

How can I be more feminine,I'm 13 I have hair in my arm pits, [down there], bad acne in my nose! I have an obsession for Evanescence I listen to them 24/7 (no joke!) I dress BAD! and I'm (edited by mod) lbs. How can change for the new school year soon. Not only for the school year but I want a healthy life style. I love evanescence I never want to lose my love for them. BUt I can't only listen to them. I' just afraid that if I listen to other people i will lose my love for Evanescence. I'm also very insecure. PLEASE HELP ME!

Hey girlie,

Your love of a band, a certain type of music, a movie or whatever shouldn't define who you are. It's a big part of who you are because it inspires you, makes you happy, and makes you feel safe, but it doesn't have to be the ONLY thing that people know about you! Make an effort to branch out - try new things, join new clubs, talk to new people, and give things a chance, even if you think you'll hate them at first. You might find that the new band or that dress in the store isn't for you, but you also might surprise yourself! The important thing as we're growing up is to stay open minded. You never know how you'll change and grow as you get older, so embrace all the changes and never automatically say "no" to anything if it could be a good growing experience. Be smart and stay away from the dangerous stuff, but take every other chance to enrich your life with new experiences. (Picking up an instrument, taking a dance class, learning to cook, jogging or kickboxing, painting, writing, whatever!) Instead of making your goal "being more feminine," just try to be a good, well-rounded person. Smile
Lauren C.

by Rainbows_rawr on 7/5/2012 7:22:21 PM

MOD!
I have had a crush on a guy for 3 years! Then I when my friend starts showing signs of liking him I started to think, was he my crush or my good friend? I came up with the decision of good friend. When I told my friend this, she instantly confessed to liking him. But I hung out with him for a whole day and all the feelings came flooding back! My friend is going to a different school next year. And part of me is happy and part is ofcourse sad! My crush told me yesterday that he considers my friend just that, a friend!!! I have so many mixed emotions I'm not sure what to do anymore!! HELP!
Confused

Hey chica!  Be honest with your friend, just like she was honest with you.  Tell her that you're still crushing, even though you didn't think you were anymore.  She might be okay with it, considering she and this dude won't see each other much once she changes schools.  If she cares majorly, make a pact for both of you to move on.  She'll probably find a new boy at her new school and you'll be determined to find a fresh crush and I bet you'll succeed at it!  xoxo

Kate G.

by Snoopyfan2015 on 7/5/2012 3:17:00 PM

I mean i cant help it but it doesnt make me upset everyday 24/7 its just when i see pretty girls on youtube and on ads

by kelly268 on 7/3/2012 7:15:54 PM

Im actually the same way as her bff. But my self esteem isnt as low as hers.

by kelly268 on 7/3/2012 6:53:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I have a problem! I'm really insecure about my nose...its that one imperfection that makes me tick! I'm only 13 and i really want a nose job, but there is nooo way my parents will let me get one! Is there any way i can make my nose skinnier? special makeup? anything? PLEASE HELP! thanks xoxo Smile

Hey girl! There are no ways to change your nose and make up won't make it look natural, so for now, focus on other parts of your face (eyes and lips especially) to highlight, and that will keep the attention away from your nose.  Also, remember everyone has features they hate and you may not notice other people's, so they probably aren't noticing yours! xoxo

Kate G.

by KatieBieber on 7/3/2012 12:47:14 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Ever since April, I've been afraid of my dad, he always says that he's going to pack up his stuff and leave me and my twin sister. And once he even tried to hit her! One night, me and my sister were outside and we were walking our puppy and my dad said to my sis "if you let go of that leash, i will beat your ass!" i cried and cried for so long. I want to tell him I'm afraid of him and I want to live with my mom and take my dogs with me, i'm so afraid of him! What should I do? Frown Frown

Hey chica, I'm so sorry about your fear of your dad.  We want the best for you, so please speak to a trusted adult (your mom, a neighbor, a grandparent, aunt, or uncle) about what he says.  One of those people can help you.  If you can't get help there, http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx can help you.  xoxo

Kate G.

by dancingirl1613 on 7/2/2012 10:53:07 PM

Need advice on something? I answer any kind of question you have, from a new studying tactic, to friendship drama! Just come to my page and ask any questions!
sincerely,