36 MINUTES AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 chatterbox soars with Samsung's Galaxy S5 in Shimmery White: http://t.co/A0Dzja3yp2

1 HOURS AGO 5 ways to get your Turkey Day workout in: http://t.co/4KxjLoxUvI

13 HOURS AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

COMMENTS

My BFF has super low self-esteem--and it's driving me nuts

My best friend and I are very close, but she has such low self-esteem. She’s always saying things like “I’m dumb,” or, “I’m so ugly.” Then she...

MODMODMOD
There's this girl in my dance class, who's my friend. She's really skinny, and a great dancer and gymnast! But she's always saying things like "I'm sooo fat!!!" or "I'm such a terrible dancer!!" or "Why can't I be as good as you guys?!" and it drives me insane! Is she doing it for attention or could it be that she's anorexic? Thx-a-million!!! Xox<3

Hey chica!  It's hard for me to know for sure whether this girl is just asking for attention or if her low self esteem could really be hurting her, so you're going to have to trust your gut on this one.  When you two hang out outside of class, do you notice her eating less than she should for her super intense workout sessions in class?  In class, have you noticed her getting skinnier, even though she's already skinny?  If so, you should bring you concerns to your dance teacher or your mom.  They'll be able to help you figure out what the next step to take is.  Until then, continue to tell your friend what a great dancer and friend she is!

Kate G.

by Vjazzy08 on 6/26/2012 10:10:44 AM

my friend does the same thing! i get mad cuz my friend super awesome and she just insults her self! i feel really bad for my friend and i feel 4 u and ur friend.

by Prim on 6/25/2012 2:53:32 PM

My BFF is like that to - she's always like '' I'm going to fail this test''
'' I look horrible''
'' Somebody's gossiping about me.'' Ugh!!! Shut. Up!!!

by Sarah510 on 6/25/2012 1:13:59 PM

While there is a possibility that she's doing it for attention, there's also the chance that she really, honestly feels that way. Don't get upset with her, I'd ask if something is going on that's upsetting her. Lend an ear if she wants to talk. Drop it if she doesn't.

by OMGabi on 6/25/2012 9:22:26 AM

My mom told me to tell him that he can't tell me what I should do and it's up to my parents with what I do. I don't want us to break-up so is there a nicer way to tell him that? Thank you.

by FaithPetrowski on 6/24/2012 9:34:05 PM

HAVE SOME SYMPATHY!!! GOD SHE CAN'T HELP IT!!!!

by Abbydabbers on 6/24/2012 8:34:58 PM

My friend is the exact same way!!! I love her to pieces but it drives me INSANE!!!!

by Foodiejr99 on 6/24/2012 9:57:18 AM

How do I make a club?

Hey babe,

Check out our Clubs Frequently Asked Questions page, where you'll get all the deets on starting a club!

Lauren C.

by LilyBS123 on 6/24/2012 9:50:39 AM

MOD
I have had my period for over a year now and haven't wore tampons yet. Now I now its totally optional, but this summer even in the past week has been tremendously active with swimming,kayaking,running,biking and hiking so pads aren't really cutting it. I have felt how soft tampons are but every time I look at the one I think of them being hard and I get scared. Any advice on how to get past that?

Hey girlie,

Instead of trying to "trick" yourself into thinking about tampons a certain way, think about all the stuff you're going to miss out on if you DON'T use them. All the swimming, all the hiking, all the biking and playing around - you'll feel uncomfortable (or will even need to skip out on the activity) if you're wearing those pads, right? So focus on the end goal! Check out this article, my fave on how to insert a tampon: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx And it could help to remember that MANY girls/women use tampons. I use them! And we all had to start somewhere too. It wasn't easy at first, but the more you use them, the easier it gets. Your bod will adjust to the feeling of having something "down there," and before long you won't even feel them Smile
Lauren C.