5 HOURS AGO Real talk—my room was clean... then I needed a shirt: http://t.co/zfG1nfcONo

8 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

9 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

COMMENTS

Pump up your playtime with our Wii workout picks

There are all kinds of Wii games out now that claim to give ya good exercise, but you’ve been a li’l suspicious. After all, how could...

like i would love to do this but according to the house rules no

by Beauty<3Queen on 7/31/2012 2:04:47 PM

I love Just Dance! As horrible a dancer as I am, my sister and I always have a blast when we play!

by Clove_455 on 7/23/2012 4:38:30 PM

I love Just Dance! As horribe a dancer as I am, my sisters and I have so much fun!!!

by Clove_455 on 7/23/2012 4:35:45 PM

I workout with Wii Fit Plus! I think it is really fun and it really gives me a chance to push myself harder. Plus with their body tests they tell you the age of your body and how it compares with your actual age. Also, they have a counter that counts the calories you burn with each exercise.

by ContestLover1 on 7/3/2012 12:03:50 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Im going to try out for the tennis team soon and I need some exercises I can do at home to stay fit and maybe some really good music to inspire me while I run. Thanks!

hey! here's one idea Smile

Helen S.

by theclique123 on 7/2/2012 6:39:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm starting highschool in the fall and i really want to try out for the volleyball team but im afraid i will be way out of shape since the last season! Can you please suggest some workouts i can do to get ready for tryouts? Thanks!

hey! here's one idea for a workout, but there are more you can check out on our fitness page. good luck!

Helen S.

by laneybugrocks on 7/2/2012 5:34:20 PM

I just wanted to say that I started a new club called S.O.S. and I am looking for members!!! Also, I am an advice queen so if you need help than ask away! Thanks!

by nycdreamer12 on 6/29/2012 10:23:36 PM

Love the Wii dance Games! They are so much fun!

by forever21.love on 6/29/2012 12:30:03 PM

I like just dance too Smile

by usmcbratknc on 6/28/2012 11:58:04 PM

The wii game I use to exercise is Zumba Fitness. Whoa after 45 minutes you're wiped out!

by loveicepops on 6/27/2012 5:28:42 PM

I am a soccer player and I work out a lot but I feel like I need to go to the gym and work out. Would my mom take me? I'm on a school team now and I need to be more in shape. I do Jillian Michaels on my wii and I do Wii Fit and I do all the Just Dance games. I still feel like I'm bigger even though I'm not. Can I have some advice please?

Hey girl!  You sound totally active which is awesome! Why don't you try asking your mom to take you to the gym, maybe you two could take a fun class together?  Congratulations on being on your school team!  Your teammates will definitely keep you motivated to work hard because you're all in it together.  Just keep active and eat healthfully and you'll be ready to rock the field!   xoxo
Maggie P.

by soccer911 on 6/26/2012 1:49:54 PM

i love just dance

by myfatsquirrel on 6/26/2012 9:36:52 AM

I wanna go to the gym, but I'm too scared to assk my mom! Help?

Hey girl,

What's there to be scared of?  Even if she doesn't say yes, there's tons of other ways to get in shape without having to have a gym membership.
Jordan S.

by xOCutie_CupcakesXo on 6/25/2012 10:32:48 PM

My fave workout video games are Wii Fit and Self-Defense Training Camp.

by supersingershannon on 6/25/2012 8:55:06 PM

I am a GL subscriber who also owns a nook tablet. Do i have to pay extra for the digital form on my nook? Also, i am on the GL website on my nook or phone more often than i am on a computer. Is a mobile website or nook app something that GL is looking into? Thanks so much.

by alicia1998 on 6/25/2012 8:10:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! I am 12 Years Old I am 5'5 and i weigh more than 130+ pounds! What are some good tips to lose alot of weight before I go school shopping?

Hey! just so ya know, girls’ bodies change  a ton during the teen years and weight gain is normal and restricting your diet drastically won’t actually help you lose weight. That being said I'm gonna direct you to our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.

by smartcandy112 on 6/25/2012 7:41:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I am 11 years old, almost 5 ft., and weigh 111 pounds. Am I
overweight?

Hey! I don't think so, but that's a question that you should really talk with your doctor about. As long as you're eating enough and eating a balanced diet and getting enough physical activity, that's what's important.

Helen S.

by smileyfaceincallie on 6/25/2012 5:49:41 PM

I'm 11 years old, am almost 5 ft., and i weigh 111 pounds. Am i overweight?

by smileyfaceincallie on 6/25/2012 5:48:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I'm going camping in a couple of weeks and I don't know what to pack. My family and I do a lot of shopping when we go and go into the town, it's at a state park in Traverse City. We go with my parent's friends and we go to the beach. I already looked at the what to pack for a camping trip article and it didn't help because we don't usually go hiking. Also, we have a ton of down-time and there is no one my age there. Any ideas on what to do for a week? It will be with adults so I might be a little bored. Any ideas??? And it's a four-hour car ride so any things to do for that???? Thank you so much.

Hey cutie!

Definitely bring tshirts, athletic shorts, and maybe even sweats for hanging around. If you'll be going out to semi-fancy dinners, bring a few sundresses or jeans and cute tops (and sandals!). Bring flip flops but also some tennis shoes for walks, bike rides, etc. For down time (and your long car ride) bring a few magazines, a book, or an ipod. Chill out to some music and catch some rays when you have some spare time! Maybe bring a camera and start a scrapbook for your summer vacay. Have fun! Don't forget sunglasses!

Catherine C.

by Mtoles on 6/25/2012 4:35:06 PM

I love the Just Dances

by Milkdog64 on 6/24/2012 10:46:09 PM

i <3 just dance 3

by cutiepie14231 on 6/24/2012 9:47:21 PM

I love Just Dance 2 &3...

by amileofroses on 6/24/2012 7:15:10 PM

If you wanna work out get an X-Box 360 with Kinect! The dance games are awesome and mellow if you don't like working out that much. Zumba workout is a little more harder and the Biggest Loser workout game is the hardest of them all it really makes you move and sweat. I love the Wii but its not good for working out.

by TeamAlice33 on 6/24/2012 6:27:35 PM

I got Wii sports, just dance 3 for the exercising mode, and plenty other games!
Also, Mod?
GL, if you have an Xbox kinect, you should try this traveling or adventuring games where you go to differ tropical places and conquer differ obstacles, I played that on my bestie's kinect, it made her mom(which was the main purpose for) lose 6 inches off her waist and made her look taller, but she's healthy, but she wanted to be more fit! Laughing My bestie didn't lose or gain any pounds caz she's healthy! Smile Wish I was but I'm SKINNY!!! Underweighted! High metabolism! Yikes!

by Susmita24 on 6/24/2012 5:21:45 PM

Just Dance 3 is the best but the wii version is bad, on kinect it's amazing.

by topchef88 on 6/24/2012 5:17:47 PM

My favorite is Zumba on Wii! Its helps burn calories and you lose weight with how much you move. My friends and I love Zumba!

by hockeygirl1999 on 6/24/2012 1:52:16 PM

I don't have a Wii. Frown I do like dancing to 4 Minutes by Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake, Where Have You Been by Rihanna and Titanium by David Guetta and Sia. Laughing

by Princess Keziyah on 6/24/2012 12:46:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD! i have a xbox 360, and no not a kincect, any game ideas? THANKS!!

Hey girlie,

I only have a Wii, so unfortunately I don't know a whole lot about the XBox games. Try going to Best Buy, Game Stop, or another store that sells video games. Ask one of the employees for help and explain that you have XBox 360 (but not Kinect), and then ask them which workout games would be best. They know a LOT and can really help ya!
Lauren C.

by emma2112 on 6/24/2012 12:01:12 PM

I want Just Dance 3 so bad! But I do have Just Dance 2. Smile

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 6/24/2012 11:06:12 AM

Just dance 2

Hey girls, are you looking for some new clubs? Well i have three that u would love. The first is cancer cuties. That is a club where people that have cancer as their star sign can talk about whatever. The 2nd is Girl Scouts. That is a club for anyone who wants to be a girl scout or is a girl scout. The last one is Operation:YOU are beautiful. That is aclub for anyone. The goal of that club is to spread the message that girls are beautiful. Thx!

by kewauneegal on 6/24/2012 8:41:54 AM

My fave workout video games are Just Dance 3, EA Sports Active 2, The Biggest Loser Challenge, and Active Life Explorer.

by otter77 on 6/24/2012 8:13:36 AM

MOD
My mom and dad are going to get most of the summer off but have to work for two more weeks,so me and my sister are home alone for 6 hours. I need some boredom busters because my sister and me are both getting sick of tv! Any ideas?

Hey girlie,

Check out these awesome boredom buster articles! Combine some of the ideas for a super fun 2 weeks Smile

Lauren C.

by timekeeper on 6/24/2012 4:01:26 AM

Country Dance, High School Musical Senior Year (You get to dance to songs from all three movies), Wii Fit, We Cheer (Not really a workout game, but it keeps you moving, it does have a workout mode though,Not sure what the name is but its a football training camp, with heart rate monitors and stuff!

by 15hayhay on 6/24/2012 12:33:32 AM