Bridget M.

is modding

3 MINUTES AGO Deck your nails! Christmas mani inspo: http://t.co/1YDVUPbPoR

AN HOUR AGO How to deal with a super-strict dad: http://t.co/CuQ1uUykKt

2 HOURS AGO We cruised with @CodySimpson... and yep, he's just as awesome as you'd think: http://t.co/yJYpD9ecu9

COMMENTS

Help! How do I get out of the friend-zone with my BGF?

I always seem to get friend-zoned because, unfortunately, I always fall for my BGF. I like my current BGF, and I've liked him before. The first time...

MOD MOD MOD:
Hi I could really use some advice. The guy I like is Mormon and... Well I'm not. I know his entire family- his mom was my dance director, his lil sis is a friend of mine, etc, and even though we don't share a religion our families are similar and so is our value system. We wouldn't be able to date until we're 16 anyway, but even then, well me not being Mormon would kind of be a problem. I know we should probably just be friends, but I really like him and I wonder if we even have a chance. Should our religious differences stand in the way of our relationship?

Hey girl!  For the time being (until you are old enough to date, anyway), focus on being friends with him.  I know that isn't what you want to hear, but until you are allowed to date, there's no point in agonizing over it.  Once you're old enough, bring the topic up with him.  He might be okay dating you even though you aren't Mormon, but he also might want to date girls that he has the possibility of marrying, which for him may only be other Mormons.  The decision as to whether it is a barrier for your relationship is his and his alone.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by laurenluv on 7/24/2012 4:24:54 PM

I have a problem: my BFF is trying to steal my BGF. I may have a teenie tiny crush on my BGF, and my BFF is talking to him all the time. They text each other and they even live down the street from each other. I just became a freshman and I'm trying to make lots of new friends, but my BFF basically stole him! I can't act jealous because no one knows that I might like him. What do I do???

Hey girl! Unless you're dating him, your friend has every right to hang out with him.  Clue her in and let her know you're crushin'- she might back off.  If not, there's not much you can do unless you want to clue him in on your feelings.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by eternaldreamer on 7/23/2012 4:41:05 PM

helen s. thanks so much for the help i'll try my best to get that it is a fantasy and not real life, though i do already know that but you put it to me simplier wish me luck

by skardiekat on 7/17/2012 9:22:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! OK HERE IS THE SITCH, I REALLY LOVE THIS PERSON BUT HE IS 40 YEARS OLDER THAN ME! AND ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS HIM, WHEN I GO TO SLEEP, WHEN I TAKE A SHOWER, ANYTIME! HE IS ALSO DEAD HE IS FAMOUS TOO HOW DO I GET OVER HIM WITHOUGHT ''GETTING OVER HIM'' DO U UTHINK I'M CRAZY???? PLZ HELP

hey! celeb crushes are normal, but you have to acknowledge that it's a fantasy. separating fantasy from real life is necessary to get over him. fantasies can be healthy but only if you firmly distinguish them in your mind from real feelings and relationships.

Helen S.

by skardiekat on 7/17/2012 7:30:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
I have a MAJOR crush on my bgf. I've known him forever but he sees me as his sister! What do I do?

Hey chica! Try to flirt with him a little.  If he seems uninterested, find yourself a new guy.  You want to stay close with your BGF, and flirting with him when he doesn't feel the same way might drive him off.  Enjoy having him as a friend and find a guy who likes you as a girlfriend, not a sister!  xoxo

Kate G.

by hammaras on 7/17/2012 11:06:49 AM

Hey Cheeze Wiz, yeah this is tricky. It sounds like he likes you but is just confused right now. I wouldn’t make a move until he did.

by Lynae P. on 7/14/2012 4:13:39 PM

MODMODMMOD!
SoI really like my BGF but he likes my friend.. we're constantly texting and he tells me how im the best person ever, or that whenver im sad he'll be there for me to cuddle with. It gets really confusing cause idk he's being nice to me or somewhat flirting with me.. but at the same time likes my friend, but my friend doesnt like him.... Please help...

by Cheese Wiz on 7/14/2012 3:57:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
Please help!
Im 13 and i really like this guy, lets call him "Andy".
Well "Andy" is 16... But he is really nice and sweet and funnny with me. Hes nice to everyone and we just have this connection. I have known him for 1 1/2 years. I wanna see him more, and get his number, But im to shy.
Also, he lives an hour away from me so i only get to see him at church when i go with my grandma.... Is there any tips you guys have on Getting to see him more, Getting his number, or flirting? im really shy... I just like him a lot and want this to work. Please. im begging for your help

Hey girl!

If you really like this guy, it's time to conquer your fear and speak up! Sit close to him in church and start saying hi whenever you see him. After church strike up a conversation with him (maybe about the service). Maybe you could suggest that he joins in on the upcoming church community service project. You two could work together and this would be a great way to really get to know him. If he doesn't ask you for your number, you could always ask for his (for church community-service-working purposes of course)! Flash him a smile or sweet glance in church and you'll get his attention right away.

Catherine C.

by xBlessTheBroken on 7/13/2012 2:23:25 AM

MOD
So I like this guy. And he's one of my best guy friends. I've known him for a long time. And he texts me ALOT. And he's really sweetSmile But, he's got a girlfriend. He flirts with me a lot, always tells me I'm really pretty and amazing, and he always says "I love you, beautiful." to me. Why does he do this when he has a girlfriend? Is he cheating on her, or just kidding when he says this stuff?

Hey girl,

He's probably not kidding - but he also probably doesn't realize that this is wrong. It's not fair to his GF for him to be sweet-talking you, and it isn't fair to you that he has a GF while he's getting your hopes up. The next time he tries flirting with you or saying things like "Love you, beautiful," I would totally have a hard time NOT mentioning his GF. Something simple like, "Uh, what about your girlfriend?" would do the trick. He'll probably get all flustered, but all you need to do is be honest - tell him it makes you uncomfortable that you talk so often and you flirt all the time because he isn't single, and it's not fair to his GF. Plus, you deserve someone who respects girls enough to know that cheating is wrong. So if you're straight with him, I think he might start to understand!
Lauren C.

by PLL86 on 7/12/2012 5:01:05 PM

Mod Mod Mod
How do I answer MOD questions? I'm already an advice queen. What do I do next?

Hey girlie,

Being an advice queen is a great way to help out the other GL babes who need help! To become a mod, you have to be 18+ and accepted by GL.com to help out. If you are over 18 years old and are interested, check out this page for more details - scroll down to the "WHERE" sections for more info on how to apply Smile

Lauren C.