6 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

9 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

10 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

Help! How do I get out of the friend-zone with my BGF?

I always seem to get friend-zoned because, unfortunately, I always fall for my BGF. I like my current BGF, and I've liked him before. The first time...

Mod Mod Mod!
My ex-BGF and I used to be very close. We did everything together and talked about everything together. Months after we met I eventually ended up developing pretty strong feelings for him, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. It went on like that for months and he started showing signs that he was feeling the same way, but I was never sure. I remember one day I was feeling very down and he said, "I hate seeing you like this." Another day, we got into a little fight, but later he apologized and said "I will always care about you." one day I kind of broke down and spilled to him how I felt about him and he said he cares about me, but thinks we should just stay friends. Things were awkward after that and now we haven't even spoken in months. I really miss him so badly, and I want to talk to him again, but I don't know what I'd say, or how. I want to fix things. I even cry sometimes, it's that bad. What should I do? Frown

Hey chica!  If it means a lot to you to have him as a friend, then you are going to have to ignore your feelings and reach out to him.  He's probably missing you, too!  Tell him that you miss his friendship and you can't stand the awkwardness.  If you're willing to stay friends and make the effort, I'm sure he's going to make an effort, too and then you guys can go back to doing everything together!  xoxo

Kate G.

by barenziah97 on 7/5/2012 3:43:58 PM

MOMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey my bgf and i have known each other since we were 6. he is 2 years older than me. our parents want us to marry each other. i like him and idk if he likes me but recently hes talks to this other girl. i want to be in a relationship with him but dont know what i should do? hes my best friends brother and i need help!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl!!

I would first make sure it's okay with your best friend, since it's her bro! If she's cool with it, then turn on the charm! Start flirting with him, touching his arm or something casually when you talk, laughing at his jokes, etc. If he doesn't get the hint and ask you out, feel free to ask him out yourself! You don't have to technically call it a date, but ask him to hang out with you one-on-one, whether it's grabbing food together or seeing a new movie. Good luck, babe!
Kelly G.

by rlurry on 7/4/2012 1:14:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I asked out my crush over text before I went to summer fine arts camp. He never gave me a straight answer and got really confused and cute and started talking about the weather. I kinda dropped it from there. Now I'm back and I still like him. I text him a lot and I really want to get an answer from him, but I don't know how to bring it up/ have it not be awkward. How should i do this?

Hey girl!

This is a tricky situation! When you're texting him, you should casually say, "Remember that question I asked you before I left for camp?" See what he says. Since you're not outright asking him the question, it'll force him to meet you halfway. He can only avoid answering for so long.
Rachael A.

by Bluejaye221 on 7/2/2012 2:47:19 AM

MOD
How do you know if you like like someone?? I know it's a weird question.. Lol

Hey girlie,

It's different for everyone, but usually you like spending time together, you care about what the person has to say, you're interested in what their interests are, you're attracted to them, etc. Sometimes it's harder to tell than others, but usually... you just kinda know! Smile
Lauren C.

by Cherries51 on 6/28/2012 7:02:20 PM

Its amazing how many friends enjoy each others company and end up making a terrible bf and gf. Ive see it at my school where people who have been friends forever think there is a romantic spark there and then end up disliking each other after their romance is over or they end up in a friends with benefits relationship and one of them feels they are being used.

Sometimes its better to just stay friends.

by luckykel on 6/26/2012 11:06:57 PM

Modmodmod!
Heyy. I've known my BGF for a while now, and I really kind of like him. He's a jerk sometimes, but the thing is, he REALLY likes my bff! I don't know what to do! Help!

hey! If he likes your bff maybe you should try getting over him. Here are some tips! http://www.girlslife.com/category/splitsville.aspx

Helen S.

by Mustache_Obsessed on 6/25/2012 7:44:37 PM

Hey Celtics_Ball, mhmm I think you're okay. As long as it isn't some odd color you should be good. The tannish stuff is probably discharge, which helps removes dead cells And keeps your bod clean. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MODMODMOD!!(:
Ok so I'm 13 and a half. I've had my period for about 6 months. But, my period blood isn't red. Or brownish red. It's in the beginning tanish and then brownish. Is this nromal? The friends I've told say that its because i hevnt had it for that long. Thanks(: Lynae P.

by Celtics_Ball on 6/23/2012 4:47:02 PM