11 HOURS AGO Get fit quick with out #Tabata workout: http://t.co/thbT28QpPs

14 HOURS AGO She caught her BF cheatin' in the theater! What would you do? http://t.co/BXimWwZeWK

15 HOURS AGO Check out an original poem written by a GLgirl just like you: http://t.co/7RR2L2BJVs

COMMENTS

Take a stand: How to deal with bullies

Last week, a video showing the bullying of a bus driver in New York went viral. This week, the woman who endured the cruel taunts from...

Now realizing what happened to the bus-driver woman, I am guilty of committing something to my own bus driver that I was unaware was bullying. He was a grumpy man, who claimed to hate sunshine and cookies; that was a motive for the teasing. It was light teasing, like calling him a gargoyle or asking him funny questions like "Do you want to be the unicorn in out play, Ralph?". I know now that the school year is over that even if they were funny and unintentional to hurt him (we only wanted his grumpy response), he still looked offended being the miserable person he was. I learned the small teases can grow into mean things like what the boy said in the viral video- or FAR worse things. I am apathetic for the cranky old man because he may have been bullied harshly in the past, as well. I now wish i could do something about it, but I'll probably never see him again. I will stand up in situations like this in the future.

by Vintage_Me123 on 6/29/2012 7:40:26 PM

No one likes being bullied and it hurts people inside and out. People don't relize it that when they make a rude joke or snotty comment they may make some people laugh but they're hurting the person theyre talking about.
Some people do relize though and are just being mean.
But we should'nt be like that. We were made to stand by one another and be friends. We were made to look past differences and see the brighter side.
The grass may be greener on the other side but the sun is shinier, the face are smilyer and you will be happier.
Just because someones beautiful on the outside it doesnt mean theyre beautiful on the inside.
Don't make that mistake my friend was well not poor and not
didnt wear the same clothes twice a month but she hurt me.
called me names and turned me to someone i dont wanna be.
remember... your great the way you are.
IDK why people do this but MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girly!  Thanks for your insight, this is all very true! xxoo
Maggie P.

by lostinbattle3 on 6/28/2012 2:19:07 PM

@ Katie G. Thanks! Smile

by Princess Keziyah on 6/28/2012 2:05:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Hey okay so I'm home schooled and my parents or at least my dad isn't really a big fan of going out and hanging with friends or even having friends for that matter. It really sucks because me and my older bro want friends and want to hang out with ppl (more my older bro cuz he's 15). I'm 12 so I know I can't do but so much by myself I understand that but I still want friends. Whats worse is my parents are really mean and annoying and it makes me so mad cuz I'm always home, I'm starting to gain weight cuz I'm always home, my parents aren't the best parents in my opinion. I just don't know what to do. I few months ago I honestly started thinking "Why am I on this planet? Why am I in this family?" I haven't had those thoughts since though. If my life is gonna be like his until I move out, I have no idea how to do this for 6 more years. Please help me!!!!

Hey girlie!  Sounds like you're in a really rough situation.  See if there are any groups in your area for home schooled kids that your parents might be okay with your joining to make friends.  Maybe other home schooled kids feel the same way, since you're always with your parents they probably get on your nerves a little more than other girls' parents.  If you really feel like your parents are being to hard on you, try talking to an aunt, uncle, grandparent, or cousin who might be able to help you out.  You might be able to go for a visit to see them or have them talk to your parents about the importance of getting to know other girls your age.  If things don't get better, talk to a trusted adult about your situation.  Hang tough there, chica, you'll make it through!  xoxo

Kate G.

by Princess Keziyah on 6/28/2012 11:58:45 AM

Mod Mod Mod I NEVER get invited along with my group of friends. Whenever we do something as a group, I'm not invited! And I know why. Everytime I'm not invited, its when a specific friend plans it. How do I stand up to her? She seems to be the only one who has a problem with me.

Hey girlie! It's no fun that your girls are leaving you out, so why not ask one of them to give you a heads up when stuffs getting planned without you?  If that doesn't work, trying quietly pulling the girl who is leaving you out aside for a calm chat.  Don't accuse her of purposefully leaving you out, but make it clear that your feelings are hurt.  If she doesn't change her ways, take control of the planning!  If you include her, she might feel like she has to return to favor, or she might even shake off whatever negative feelings she might have for you!  Good luck

xoxo

Kate G.

by MusicIsLove123 on 6/28/2012 9:43:26 AM

MOD I am new to Girlslife, and I just made my profile. I set it to be shown publicly, but whenever I look to see what everybody else sees, it says that my profile is not visible to others. And my parents got the email so they know I have a profile. How do I change this so it is shown publicly?

Hey chica, it could be that a mod hasn't approved your profile yet. If you want more deets, though, all of your profile questions should be answered at this link: http://www.girlslife.com/page/PROFILE-FAQ.aspx

Carrie R.

by litmarvel on 6/27/2012 2:19:57 PM

I have been bullied and know how it feels. I immediately went to my mom and dad when I got home from school. We were best friends and then all of a sudden she made lies about me and embarrassed me in front my classmates. My mom asked the bully's mom if she could stop it and she said sure. Didn't happen. Then they went to the teacher and asked for it to stop. Didn't happen. Finally they went to the principal and then it finally stopped. Girls, know that you have to face this, and find a way to solve it or else it'll just get worse. There's always someone to talk to. Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, cousin, neighbor, best friend, teacher, principle, or anyone you trust. Don't hide it, or run away from it. SPEAK UP!!!!

by FaithPetrowski on 6/27/2012 1:19:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
My family and I might be moving to our ultimate dream house. I'm entering high school this year and I really like the HS i'm going to. the catch is, if we move, i'll be transferred to a different school district i don't know much about. i love the house but i'm stuck about the school! HELP!!!

Hey girl, moving schools can be tough, but like every change, you'll make it through. Just look at it as an opportunity to meet some new, awesome people. There are good and bad things about every school, so maybe the new one will have something fab that your old one didn't. Keep an open mind, and you might be surprised by what ya find.
Carrie R.

by myfatsquirrel on 6/27/2012 12:00:32 PM

what's the video called? I'll try to find it on youtube. just comment on my profile if u know! thanksSmile

by myfatsquirrel on 6/27/2012 11:41:16 AM

I saw that vid, hated it! The boys were soooooo mean!

by ColosalMascara on 6/27/2012 6:30:53 AM