Bridget M.

is modding

6 HOURS AGO First time runnners: This is how ya get prepped for your first race! http://t.co/Fj5hMpOn7r

9 HOURS AGO Which @5SOS guy ditched the group? http://t.co/ha18y5CgrB

10 HOURS AGO Don't deck the hall, deck your nails with 5 fab Christmas manis: http://t.co/lRl4FxZNXW

COMMENTS

Take a stand: How to deal with bullies

Last week, a video showing the bullying of a bus driver in New York went viral. This week, the woman who endured the cruel taunts from...

Come 2 my club!!!!

***APPLY FOR VP!!!***

***APPLY FOR TREASURER***

***APPLY FOR SECRETARY***

Interviews SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at **12-1:30!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry if u can't make it I'll post some times up! Or I can do personal times. Whatever works 4 both of us Smile

by mollyloves_26 on 8/10/2012 10:27:45 PM

Ok my best friend always puts her boyfriend before me! she ignores my calls never answer my text were drifting apart until he breaks up with her and wants my simpathy what do i do?????

Hey! that's not cool. You should tell her how you feel. say if she wants to maintain your friendship she's going to need to put a little effort in!

Helen S.

by megangirl23 on 7/9/2012 7:24:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD there are these two girls and i have two different problems. The first one used to be my friend but then she became this mean girl and i feel like i don't know her anymore. the other one im getting mixed signals from her. Sometimes she is super mean but other times like at the last day of school and cheer practice she totally nice. whats going with both of them?

Hey girl,

Unfortunately, people do change, and if the first girl is nothing but mean to you, you might be better off with new pals. And as for the second girl, it sounds like you want to try mending things -- tell her you like spending time with her and cheering together, but that you don't appreciate her being mean to you, and that if you are gong to stay friends she should be nice. If she apologizes, great! If she blows you off, you might want to start hanging with other pals.

Meghan D.

by emma1025 on 7/6/2012 10:27:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
hey this happened to me and I know it probly happens to other people, so advice would be good, but what if the bully sucks up to any adult possible and tells on you for everything and lies about you to the teachers and gets you in trouble for stuff you haven't done? This happened to me in 7th grade and no teachers ever believed me for the entire year.

Hey girl,

If your teachers won't listen, try talking to your parents or a guidance counselor, or schedule a meeting with your teacher and your parents so you can all talk it out. You deserve for your opinion to be heard!

Meghan D.

by Bluestar479 on 7/6/2012 10:14:14 PM

Calling cheerleaders and people trying out for cheer! Join the club, Cheer Club!, where we answer questions for those new cheerleaders and people trying out, and talk about improving on your jumps or stunts or tumbling or motions, etc., or anything else cheer-related!

by cheerfulcheer on 7/3/2012 10:50:59 PM

O when i said she accidentally got hit in the face i meant to say i accidentally hit her in the face.

by kelly268 on 7/3/2012 8:00:53 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!
Ok so there is this girl from school and shes a jerk! I know i dont have to deal with her until september but shes so mean! In fourth grade, she called me fat and she lied to our guidance counceler and said she didnt do it. Recently at my bffs bday party, my bff got accidentally hit in the face and the mean girl told her that if she wouldnt kick me out that she (the mean girl) would. I know thisbecause my bff told me. Help!

hey! this girl craves drama. just don't give it to her. don't get mad at anything she says, and just try to be a happy person in spite of her

Helen S.

by kelly268 on 7/3/2012 7:34:25 PM

Hey I've been wearing deodorant lately (Degree Motion Sense), but I've still been sweaty? Any tips please?

Hey girl,

Since it's summer, it's normal to sweat! If you're worried, you can talk to your doc to see if you need a prescription strength, but you are probably fine!

Meghan D. Helen S.

by jrprodigy12 on 6/30/2012 4:32:40 PM

don't let anybody drag u down. u r u and they cant tell u otherwise.

by hsm2ezry on 6/30/2012 2:43:29 PM

i used to be a cyberbully/bully. no when i think about it, it makes me feel really bad and stupid. but i apologized to the kid, (a BOY) and i feel better once i think about that. trust me, you can hate a person, but don't bully them. it will suck for you in the future

by loppyears12 on 6/29/2012 7:52:07 PM

Now realizing what happened to the bus-driver woman, I am guilty of committing something to my own bus driver that I was unaware was bullying. He was a grumpy man, who claimed to hate sunshine and cookies; that was a motive for the teasing. It was light teasing, like calling him a gargoyle or asking him funny questions like "Do you want to be the unicorn in out play, Ralph?". I know now that the school year is over that even if they were funny and unintentional to hurt him (we only wanted his grumpy response), he still looked offended being the miserable person he was. I learned the small teases can grow into mean things like what the boy said in the viral video- or FAR worse things. I am apathetic for the cranky old man because he may have been bullied harshly in the past, as well. I now wish i could do something about it, but I'll probably never see him again. I will stand up in situations like this in the future.

by Vintage_Me123 on 6/29/2012 7:40:26 PM

No one likes being bullied and it hurts people inside and out. People don't relize it that when they make a rude joke or snotty comment they may make some people laugh but they're hurting the person theyre talking about.
Some people do relize though and are just being mean.
But we should'nt be like that. We were made to stand by one another and be friends. We were made to look past differences and see the brighter side.
The grass may be greener on the other side but the sun is shinier, the face are smilyer and you will be happier.
Just because someones beautiful on the outside it doesnt mean theyre beautiful on the inside.
Don't make that mistake my friend was well not poor and not
didnt wear the same clothes twice a month but she hurt me.
called me names and turned me to someone i dont wanna be.
remember... your great the way you are.
IDK why people do this but MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girly!  Thanks for your insight, this is all very true! xxoo
Maggie P.

by lostinbattle3 on 6/28/2012 2:19:07 PM

@ Katie G. Thanks! Smile

by Princess Keziyah on 6/28/2012 2:05:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Hey okay so I'm home schooled and my parents or at least my dad isn't really a big fan of going out and hanging with friends or even having friends for that matter. It really sucks because me and my older bro want friends and want to hang out with ppl (more my older bro cuz he's 15). I'm 12 so I know I can't do but so much by myself I understand that but I still want friends. Whats worse is my parents are really mean and annoying and it makes me so mad cuz I'm always home, I'm starting to gain weight cuz I'm always home, my parents aren't the best parents in my opinion. I just don't know what to do. I few months ago I honestly started thinking "Why am I on this planet? Why am I in this family?" I haven't had those thoughts since though. If my life is gonna be like his until I move out, I have no idea how to do this for 6 more years. Please help me!!!!

Hey girlie!  Sounds like you're in a really rough situation.  See if there are any groups in your area for home schooled kids that your parents might be okay with your joining to make friends.  Maybe other home schooled kids feel the same way, since you're always with your parents they probably get on your nerves a little more than other girls' parents.  If you really feel like your parents are being to hard on you, try talking to an aunt, uncle, grandparent, or cousin who might be able to help you out.  You might be able to go for a visit to see them or have them talk to your parents about the importance of getting to know other girls your age.  If things don't get better, talk to a trusted adult about your situation.  Hang tough there, chica, you'll make it through!  xoxo

Kate G.

by Princess Keziyah on 6/28/2012 11:58:45 AM

Mod Mod Mod I NEVER get invited along with my group of friends. Whenever we do something as a group, I'm not invited! And I know why. Everytime I'm not invited, its when a specific friend plans it. How do I stand up to her? She seems to be the only one who has a problem with me.

Hey girlie! It's no fun that your girls are leaving you out, so why not ask one of them to give you a heads up when stuffs getting planned without you?  If that doesn't work, trying quietly pulling the girl who is leaving you out aside for a calm chat.  Don't accuse her of purposefully leaving you out, but make it clear that your feelings are hurt.  If she doesn't change her ways, take control of the planning!  If you include her, she might feel like she has to return to favor, or she might even shake off whatever negative feelings she might have for you!  Good luck

xoxo

Kate G.

by MusicIsLove123 on 6/28/2012 9:43:26 AM

MOD I am new to Girlslife, and I just made my profile. I set it to be shown publicly, but whenever I look to see what everybody else sees, it says that my profile is not visible to others. And my parents got the email so they know I have a profile. How do I change this so it is shown publicly?

Hey chica, it could be that a mod hasn't approved your profile yet. If you want more deets, though, all of your profile questions should be answered at this link: http://www.girlslife.com/page/PROFILE-FAQ.aspx

Carrie R.

by litmarvel on 6/27/2012 2:19:57 PM

I have been bullied and know how it feels. I immediately went to my mom and dad when I got home from school. We were best friends and then all of a sudden she made lies about me and embarrassed me in front my classmates. My mom asked the bully's mom if she could stop it and she said sure. Didn't happen. Then they went to the teacher and asked for it to stop. Didn't happen. Finally they went to the principal and then it finally stopped. Girls, know that you have to face this, and find a way to solve it or else it'll just get worse. There's always someone to talk to. Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, cousin, neighbor, best friend, teacher, principle, or anyone you trust. Don't hide it, or run away from it. SPEAK UP!!!!

by FaithPetrowski on 6/27/2012 1:19:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
My family and I might be moving to our ultimate dream house. I'm entering high school this year and I really like the HS i'm going to. the catch is, if we move, i'll be transferred to a different school district i don't know much about. i love the house but i'm stuck about the school! HELP!!!

Hey girl, moving schools can be tough, but like every change, you'll make it through. Just look at it as an opportunity to meet some new, awesome people. There are good and bad things about every school, so maybe the new one will have something fab that your old one didn't. Keep an open mind, and you might be surprised by what ya find.
Carrie R.

by myfatsquirrel on 6/27/2012 12:00:32 PM

what's the video called? I'll try to find it on youtube. just comment on my profile if u know! thanksSmile

by myfatsquirrel on 6/27/2012 11:41:16 AM

I saw that vid, hated it! The boys were soooooo mean!

by ColosalMascara on 6/27/2012 6:30:53 AM

Do you like rock and roll music of any era?If so, then join my club-rock music that rocks..we will talk about anything, but especially rock music!

by rockchik333 on 6/26/2012 7:45:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
hi. I was biking with my friend to a local school off of our street. We were having a good time until we got to the school. Its summer, so usually nobody is there, but there were some jerk boys on the field taunting us. I ignored them and biked back home, sort of freaking out. My friend got all upset cuz i left her there, but i thought she was coming with me!! when we got back to her house, she was angry, and was like " why didnt you stay??? they were just teasing us" well, they were teeasing in a sort of weirdo was like " come with girls" and junk lik that. We hung out fo ra little after that, but i left cuz i felt weird. What should i do to fix her being angry and make things smoot between us??? sorry this post was sooo long!!! thanks!!!!

Hey! Just say that you didn't mean to leave her there and you just left because you didn't feel comfortable. There's nothing wring with that. I think you did the right thing.
Helen S.

by jellybean411 on 6/26/2012 5:51:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so I have been trying to put in a tampon for my last 4 periods but it hurts so much. Is it suppose to hurt this much? I can't even sit down because it puts me in so much pain.

Hey girl! Tampons are not supposed to hurt, but they can be uncomfortable when you first start using them.  The most important thing is to relax and they will feel a lot more comfortable, you won't even notice it's there!  Check out this article for more help Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/12/21/I-cant-get-the-hang-of-tampons.aspx  xxoo

Maggie P.

by therealmerevealed on 6/26/2012 2:12:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
My favorite teacher just died of a heart attack. My friend and I are having a hard time dealing with this. What should we do to to kinda get our minds off of it and how can I be there for my friend even though I am sad too? Thanks!

Hey girl! I am so sorry to hear about your teacher.  It is hard to lose someone who means a lot to you, and it's totally understandable that you and your friend are feeling down about it.  Luckily, in the summer, there's lots of things to do to get your mind off of feeling sad.  There's lots of fun stuff on the GL site, including http://www.girlslife.com/RockYourWeekend.aspx to help you and your friend start to feel better.  As for being there for your friend, the best thing you can do is let her know that she isn't alone in feeling sad and including her in your plans for fun activities!

Kate G.

by smiles48 on 6/26/2012 10:25:12 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
So my best friends boyfriend keeps bulling me. I have talked to him and her about it but nothing ever happens. I'm sick of it. He tells me no one will ever like me because I'm tall and ugly. What do I do??? I told some teachers and my mom but nothing happened. What do I do??????????

Hey girl! Guys can be so frustrating sometimes, can't they?  I don't blame you for being tired of this guy's harsh words, but have no fear, there's no truth in them!  As a tall girl, I learned to rock my height, some guys really like that!  He might just be jealous that you get so much of your bestie's attention and he's acting mean to drive you away.  The best thing to do is avoid spending time with him, especially around your bestie, but if you see him a lot at school and he's still acting this way, you should try talking to a guidance counselor or another teacher you trust and let them know how much you are hurting.

Kate G.

by SuperSwimmer1 on 6/26/2012 10:06:11 AM

as a girl who was bullied at multiple times (all of the time from frenemies), i personally believe that MORE should be done to raise awarness to bullying. to soccerlover99, ya sure many of us learned this at a young age, but it doesn't seem to stop, does it? there are plenty of kids who are and will continue to be bullied and it makes me sick. i see ppl at school joke about the assemblies and ignore situtions (even teachers!), and i hate it! sure we all dont have to be all best friends, but why can't we all at least be civil to one another? u have no idea how long bullying impacts one's life. EVERYONE, and i mean EVERYONE, needs to learn to grow up and stop bullying others no matter what the reason is! you have absolutely NO RIGHT to bully someone 'cuz of their looks, lifestyle, family, who they date, who their friends are, or what they like to do!!! it's about time all this stops.

by iheartu? on 6/26/2012 10:00:20 AM

I heard about Karen. I saw her video on tv. I feel so bad for her!!!!!!! Who would bully an old lady like that???????? It's just rude!!!!

by Milkdog64 on 6/26/2012 9:43:58 AM

I saw the video and left a looooong colorful comment...I used a lot of..er..colorful words *emberased look* I was mad...if I'm anything but happy I curse...yea....I have a potty mouth

by Firefox101 on 6/26/2012 1:58:02 AM

OH MY GOSH, I saw that video and the way those kids treated her makes me SOOOO MAD!!! No human being deserves to be treated like that. Some of the comments were terrible to. All these people from other country's talking bad about America, and threats to not just the boys but to Karen too! How terrible!! Karen did nothing wrong, she was just doing the right thing! I'm praying that things get better for her.

by Vjazzy08 on 6/26/2012 12:29:52 AM

Hey girls, just to clear something up. Telling someone that somebody is bullying you is NOT tattling. Thats a mistake that I have mad and have seen other people make. There is a big difference between tattling and reporting. Tattling is to get the other person in trouble even if they didn't affect you much. Reporting is for the safety and well being of you. And yes, although words can't physically hurt you, they eat up your insides just as much, so please report. Just remember that Smile Thanks ladies!

by zwinky on 6/26/2012 12:02:57 AM

Bulling is a load of bullcrap! It's so ridiculous and stupid. I don't know why you can't find ANYTHING else to do but make fun of people. I get so upset when I hear about people getting bullied or someone committing suicide because of it. For bullies is that suppose to be an accomplishment or something?! The other day I saw on the news that a boy killed himself because some kids were making fun of him because his dad is dead. I don't even understand how the heck you could even make fun of that. I'd LOVE to ask all bullies, how in the world would you feel if someone treated you that way? and gosh would I LOVE to hear hat they would say. All bullies need to cut it out. It's beyond stupid! So to all bullies do us a freaking favor and CUT IT OUT!!!!!

by Princess Keziyah on 6/25/2012 10:40:09 PM

didnt we already know this though? understand why, calmly try to stop the situation from going any farther, tell someone, and be nice to the bullied? i mean; i learned this in like 3rd grade. just saying.

by soccerlover99 on 6/25/2012 9:30:33 PM

MOD MOD
I'm going camping for a week with a 5 year old little boy and a 2 year old girl and a 2 year old boy. We will be spending a TON of time just at the beach and around the campground. Every summer they ask me to watch the kids and I love doing it but since there a little older now I need to do things with them. Any ideas?? Thanks so much!!! Smile

Hey! Here's a link to some babysitting activities Smile

Helen S.

by Mtoles on 6/25/2012 8:08:18 PM

I saw that video of Karen being bullied. It made me soooo mad that people treat people that way. If I ever did something like that (which i wouldn't) I would NEVER...I repeat NEVER be able to live with myself!! I hope the kids who did that to her are very, very sorry about what they did because that is just not okay!!

by leah2113 on 6/25/2012 6:52:32 PM

Oh, and she was a bus monitor, not a bus driver. Smile

by SelG4Ever on 6/25/2012 5:53:10 PM

I saw that on the news! I feel bad for the lady.

by SelG4Ever on 6/25/2012 5:52:00 PM