1 HOURS AGO RT @kelliberglund: So this insane basket of candy from @girlslifemag will be the death of me 🍭🍉 is this a good or bad thing..? http://t.cpic.twitter.com/JZOK8EZ3IB/…

2 HOURS AGO So you have an online crush—now what? http://t.co/eBmMKqi04G

5 HOURS AGO Rock earrings—without the piercing part: http://t.co/rbL8f0elte

COMMENTS

3 fun ways to wear colored mascara

Want to spice up your eyes with colored makeup without fear of an overdone look? In comes colored mascara. Check out these combos that will look great...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My mom won't let me use mascara because she thinks I will make a huge mess. How can I prove to her I won't make a huge mess?

hey! the next time y'all get dressed up ask her if she can help you practice putting some on. even if you know how to do it without her, i think she'd appreciate you  trying to learn to put it on "her" way and if she helps you she'll know you can do it without making a mess.

Helen S.

by wesdelwarrior on 11/3/2012 4:41:35 PM

I wear glasses, and the make my eyes look really small! What do I do to make them look bigger???!!!

by pixie_chick on 8/6/2012 11:35:30 PM

MODMODMOD
I am in a theatre production tomoro and I have to wear a bunch of makeup. I can do most of it the thing is my eyes. I have covergirl lashblastvolume mascara in browninsh black and maybelline line stiletto liquid eyeliner in black. I have tried to put on the eye liner but i mess it up. Also I have to wear eyeshadow and what order do u put the mascare eyeliner and shadow on? I really need some tips for the eyeliner please! and please answer fast I have to have it by tomoro at 8 am

Hey girlie,

Eyeshadow first, then eyeliner! Smile Check out this article for a super easy liquid liner tip - the connect-the-dots method makes it a piece of cake! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/12/17/How-to-Wear-Liquid-Eyeliner.aspx
Lauren C.

by radiolovergirl on 7/19/2012 6:35:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
I'm starting high school this year, and I would like to start wearing a little makeup. I just wanted to know what simple makeup products you'd consider wearing daily for school. I don't want to take the wrong advice and end up like those girls who have too much eye liner and over done makeup. I just would like to know some simple cosmetics I can wear daily for school.

Hey babe, Try some lip gloss, mascara, and a little (very little) bit of blush.  If you need to, dust on some powder (again, not too much), to even out your complexion.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Julia955 on 7/19/2012 1:21:41 PM

Oh my glob, this year for school, I'm totally going to makeover myself. Finally, I get to show who I am, and I've been waiting for that for forever! I'm so happy, except that I can't spend too much money, but i'm still totes excited! 6th grade, here I come!

by cheetah#1 on 7/18/2012 10:51:55 PM

Mod? Here, it kinda doesn't mention brown eyes, and my eyes are dark brown and blue doesn't work well with my eyes, what colors should i use? And what mascara color? I'm in need of real bad makeover. Schools going to start soon and i need something ti make attention draw away from my acne(its not quite bad) but ther is this like little red rash around my nostrils and EVERYONE and i mean EVERYone stares and asks me about it. My crush hasn't asked me yet, but i don't want that to make him not like me! So i need something to maybe get the attention away from that and maybe cover the rash or make it go away completely. I've tryed everything at my local drugstore. Thank you SOO much! Smile

Hey girl,

Look at the end of the article where it talks about purple for brown-eyed babes. It also mentions other colors to use with it! Also, make sure you're cleansing your face well every day to help with the acne, and try some foundation or cover-up for those acne spots.
Kelly G.

by Kit-Cat on 7/13/2012 2:44:16 PM

Hey luckybolt, wow you make a really good point. Cruelty towards animals should be avoided in all forms. My friends and I support these companies, but I might not anymore. You can send an email to letters@girlslife.com about this. Xoxo

MOD:
I've read GL magazine for over a year, but this bothers me. Why does the magazine recommend products tested on animals? Animal testing is expensive, wasteful, and cruel. It's also proven not to give accurate results. Mac, L'Oreal, Maybelline and Sally Hansen products have all been advertised in GL. These companies participate in deadly experiments where Rats, mice, guinea pigs, rabbits, and other animals are forced to swallow or inhale massive quantities of a test substance or endure the pain of having caustic chemicals applied to their sensitive eyes and skin––even though the results of animal tests are often unreliable or not applicable to humans. Even if a product has blinded an animal, it can still be marketed to people just like you. Non-animal tests are cheaper, faster, and more accurate. It makes me sad to know that GL sponsors these companies and recommends their cruel products to their readers. I'd like to know who I can contact about this. Thank you. Lynae P.

by luckybolt on 7/11/2012 7:12:50 PM

Green would be good for my eyes...but I really want the purple! It looks awesome (:

by cats-r-the-best on 7/7/2012 1:53:45 PM

eep! the purple stuff is expensive, (or at least i wouldnt wanna pay that much for makeup.) guess i'll stick to drugstore brands ;)

by bunnehz on 7/5/2012 10:47:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
About a month ago, I was in a soccer tournament and got bad soccer tan
Soccer tan:
my shins are white, knees tan, quads white, shoulders and chest white, elbow to hand tan, back white, neck tan.
In other words... i look like a tan candy cane. I don't like to wear bikinis, but how can i fix my soccer tan? My tans never fade quickly or completely.
What should I do???

Hey! I also have a weird tan right now haha. it's a shoe tan from my toms, so there's like a right angle on my foot separating the white from the tan, so I feel your pain a little. I'm just trying to wear flip flops a lot right now so that the tan can slowly even out. Yours is all over your body though, so it's gonna be trickier. wear different items of clothing that will help the different sections even out, even if you can't wear them all at the same time. good luck!

Helen S.

by novlist1307 on 7/2/2012 6:36:33 PM

Love shopping? Need style advice? Live for fashion? If you answered yes to any of these questions then my club, Fashion Blogs is for you! We share fashion and beauty tips, sales at our fave stores, our outfits of the day, new trends, polls, and quizzes! We also talk about celeb fashion and even have monthly contests! Positions are open to apply for too!
Please join now!
♥dancer♥

by dancer2998 on 7/2/2012 5:28:01 PM

Too expensive. BUT SUPER PRETTY. :3

by AnnaB1234 on 7/2/2012 8:59:49 AM

i HAVE to try the blue it's my fav color

by nerdygurl12 on 7/1/2012 5:41:03 PM

i want to try the first two things! they look great!

by j4zm09 on 7/1/2012 12:13:17 AM

Hi! Next Saturday I am going to see my crush for the first time in six months! There is a huge fourth of July picnic at my aunts house and I'm so nervous yet excited! I have thought about him everyday since the last time I saw him. I like him SOOOO much and I'm terrified that I'm going to make an idiot of myself in front of him. (I do that a lot). Every time I think of him I get goosebumps, my heart starts racing, and I blush like crazy. That's just when I THINK about him! Im so scared to see him for the first time because he drive me so insane! Do u have any tips on how I can talk to him without feeling like I'm about to throw up?? Thank you so much!!

Hey girlie,

Take a deep breath and remember - your crush might be awesome, but he's still JUST A GUY! He's a person like you or me. He likes talking about his interests and he gets awkward in some situations too. Just be yourself Smile Do you have a cousin, a friend, or another person you could hang out with at this party? It could be easier to have someone to hang out with while you're there - then, together, you can slowly drift closer to your crush until you're chatting with his crew too. Talk to him about his summer plans, any vacays, new music/movies, whatever. Don't force it - remember it's summer and use that as inspiration to be chill, relaxed, and laid back Smile
Lauren C.

by soccerdiva722 on 6/30/2012 10:29:20 PM

@iluvhungergames
I have super curly super thick hair, I just use some curl lock and it makes my hair look really pretty! Gels, kind of like mouse help to tame hair as well! Taking showers everyday, or wetting your hair everyday makes it look great too (you don't have to wash it everyday just wet it) Also make sure you're using a nice shampoo and conditioner, I use teatree sometimes and I just got this new one, fantastic cleanse. They're both great! We're so lucky to have curls, tons of girls kill for it!!!!!! Good luck girl!

by LLL328 on 6/30/2012 8:51:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
This doesn't have to do with this... but I'm going to have to get braces somewhat soon! What are some tips! Color suggestions to bring out blue eyes?? Thank you so much in advance!
MOD MOD MOD MOD!!

hey! try warm colors like yellow or orange Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by BeachNorsepike on 6/30/2012 3:05:15 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!!!!!
I have like wicked curly natrual hair that wont stay under control do you have any tips to help me exspecially with school staring(not for a while but)???

hey! You should try an anti frizz serum. They sell them at drug stores. Here's a link that might help:

Helen S.

by iluvhungergames on 6/30/2012 1:30:37 PM

i really like the makeup forever eyeshadow, its really pretty! and yay for girlslife for another great article <3

by tswiftluver13 on 6/30/2012 12:20:49 AM