12 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

15 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

16 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

Fuel up right with these post-workout eats

You come into the kitchen after a hard workout, and you’re starved. It’s a good idea to have a snack 30 to 60 minutes after exercise anyway...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so for some reason i just can't seem 2 eat right.no matter how hard i try i never go for the fruits and veggies when i'm hungry.i go 4 the chips and cookies.is there anything that i can eat that tastes really good,but ia also healthy.btw my mom really doen't buy a lot of healthy stuff.

Hey chica! First off, tell your mom that you are committed to eating healthy food- give her a list of snacks you'll eat if she gets.  Try hummus and veggies- it's got the salty taste of a chip but is WAY healthier.  And if your sweet tooth is actin' up, grab an apple and some peanut butter for a yummy snack you won't feel guilty about eating!  One of the big problems with trying to kick a junk food habit is that junk food is so easy to grab- it's usually on the counter or in a cupboard ready to grab.  Switch that around.  Put your junk food weaknesses out of view (like in a drawer or in the pantry).  Then, spend 5 minutes after your mom has come home from the grocery store making snack bags- healthy snacks you can stick in the fridge or on the counter that you can grab when you're hungry.  xoxo

Kate G.

by cgirl109 on 8/27/2012 4:17:24 PM

I just got my braces tightened so i cant eat hard foods because it hurts my teeth. What soft foods can i eat after I'm done working out? ( I can't make smoothies because i don't have a blender). Thx!!Smile

Hey girl,

You can eat anything that's not too crunchy -- milk, a sandwich, applesauce...anything that doesn't have a hard surface! You don't have to only stick to soft foods. Milk (or a dairy substitute like soy milk) is a great snack after workouts because it has the carbs, protein and nutrients you need!

Meghan D.

by Sparksfly on 8/3/2012 11:52:37 PM

After a workout I love having smoothies! They give me a good source of all my vitamins & are just so good! It also only takes about 2 minutes to make.

by OliviaGJ on 7/7/2012 1:24:57 PM

Low on energy? want a piece of cake, no... go and get plain yogurt,any fruit (your choice),milk and ice. Blend it in a blender and there is a healthy smoothie great for an after work-out snack! Enjoy...

- Aubree Olson

by alovestj on 7/6/2012 3:11:27 PM

Love shopping? Need style advice? Live for fashion? If you answered yes to any of these questions then my club, Fashion Blogs is for you! We share fashion and beauty tips, sales at our fave stores, our outfits of the day, new trends, polls, and quizzes! We also talk about celeb fashion and even have monthly contests! Positions are open to apply for too!
Please join now!
♥dancer♥

by dancer2998 on 7/2/2012 5:23:34 PM

I'm very athletic and muscular. I dance and play competitive soccer, but I weigh much more than all of my skinny friends! I eat pretty healthy too. I was wondering if I could have some tips to slim down a little bit and get rid of some tummy and inner thigh fat. Thanks!

Hey girlie!  Some of your skinnier friends may not be as muscular as you, which can make you look bigger, even though it's all healthy.  If you want to lose a little bit of extra weight, though, try running a little bit on days that you don't have practice.  You're probably already pretty toned from all of your soccer and dance, so the only thing to get rid of a little layer of fat is cardio!  Just make sure you don't overdo it, and eat enough healthy fats to make sure your body is getting nourishment.  xoxo

Kate G.

by SOCCERalltheway on 7/2/2012 3:34:19 PM

Ok I'm sorry but dark chocolate will never satisfy my chocolate craving. It's disgusting.

by topchef88 on 6/28/2012 8:16:40 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!
ok, so i got my braces on yesterday, and i can't chew at all. everyone says it's going to get better, but i got and expander and bottom braces on and my top teeth hit my bottom brackets and my back teeth can't meet at all anymore so all i can eat is like applesauce, what am i supposed to do?

Hey girl!  Oof!  Braces are not fun, I know!  Everyone (including me!) has the same awful experience the first few days you have them, so rest assured you will survive to eat solid food again!  Enjoy the excuse to drink smoothies and eat mashed potatoes! Remember: the point of braces is to move your teeth, so after a few days your teeth will start to shift and you'll be able to chew again.  If, by your next visit, your teeth STILL aren't feeling right, talk to your orthodontist.  He or she will be able to give you more specifics on when you can expect to eat normally.  Until then, picture how straight your teeth will be when you are finished!

xoxo

Kate G.

by music&danceprincess1225 on 6/28/2012 8:05:15 AM

i want to stay healthy this summer,but i always crave on chocolate!im a chocaholic!!what should i do????

Hey girlie! I am totally with you: I crave chocolate all the time, too!  The key to any diet is moderation, so let yourself have a couple chocolate kisses or a smattering of chocolate chips over some frozen yogurt for dessert.  You might not think it'll satisfy you, but having a little treat at the end of the day will make you happy, AND you'll know you're being healthy by not giving into chocolate every time you crave it during the day.  Plus, it'll be something to look forward to at night! xoxo

Kate G.

by hot mess on 6/28/2012 4:16:12 AM

bannana and yogurt smoothie yumm

by jazmine ann on 6/27/2012 7:16:18 PM