Bridget M.

is modding

33 MINUTES AGO Find out how Santa made this little girl's real life dreams come true: http://t.co/IJavBkaP0Y

1 HOURS AGO OMG have you seen @ArianaGrande's new music video yet?! http://t.co/GEqJclbbp2

2 HOURS AGO See Toby from #PLL in a whole new way: http://t.co/LbGq9tjMCb

COMMENTS

So-easy summer lip trends snagged from the red carpet

We’re snagging perfect pout ideas from our fave red-carpet rockstars, Emma, Taylor and Selena. Summer’s all about easy beauty and perfect pairings. So whether you wanna go nude...

I think the make up on Emma was perfect. I think it matched her perfectly. The one on Selena i didn't like, and i don't know anyone currently who could pull that off. The one on Taylor looks the best though. It was one of those looks that looked great on her.

by TravelCrazyChic2012 on 8/3/2013 3:38:43 AM

I'll try any one of those looks except for the one SELENA modeled.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/13/2012 6:30:57 PM

what lip colour works with a brown eyed, pale(as in my "tan" is lighter than most people get in the winter), auburn girl with an oval face? and has frecklesSmile

by kayscout on 8/7/2012 8:58:06 PM

mod mod mod
do you have an tips for painting your nails with nail art brushes i have some but every tip i use them i mess up
help!

Hey girl! Practice makes perfect.  Try using them on your big toes (have some nail polish remover close by so you can fix mistakes.  Once you've gotten good with one hand, switch hands and use the other one.  You'll have it mastered in no time! xoxo

Kate G.

by PlushPurplePanda on 8/3/2012 12:26:37 PM

Never mind about the picture thing. It used to be something else, but now it's Jake!

by cheetah#1 on 7/31/2012 6:00:03 PM

totally cool! Smile

by caseycat16 on 7/24/2012 3:44:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm getting an early start in brainstorming BTS outfits and makeup and I was wondering if you could give me some tips on some pretty subtle make up that would flatter my features.
I'm pretty pale and have long auburn hair and hazel eyes.
I'm not the type of girl who goes overboard with make up...but I like wearing some. Any tips?? I'm really into making this my prettiest school year ever ;) lol
Thanks!

Hey chica!  If you want to go subtle, stick with natural colors - pale blush, bronzy shadows, and a little mascara would be great. Smile  Personally, I love lip stains - you can find pretty colors and they last forever (aka, all school day!).  Good luck BTS shopping!  xoxo

Marie H.

by maggie183 on 7/20/2012 4:39:31 PM

Ok, does anyone know how to change there profile pic? Please tell me, I despise mine. LOL

by cheetah#1 on 7/18/2012 9:53:53 PM

People! If you adore makeup like me, join my club miss makeup diva please!! Positions open!!! Also join my club in and out! Everything about fashion and shoes> Postions available!

by mommy's girl on 7/18/2012 4:51:23 PM

Oh my glob, your beauty tips changed my life! Now I can look even better at school, church, or anywhere! Thanks so much, GL! Laughing

by cheetah#1 on 7/17/2012 8:31:02 PM

thank you soo much!!Smile

by iamthechosenone on 7/17/2012 6:35:07 PM

I am going to be a freshman in high school this year and i really want to find out what colors would look good on me for like eyeshadow and lipgloss. i have a tannish fair complexion and light caramel eyes. do you have any ideas? plz help!

hey! here's an article for ya! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/03/13/No-fail-makeup-secrets-to-bring-out-your-peepers.aspx It says that light brown eyes look great in chocolate, honey and chamagne colors Smile

Helen S.

by iamthechosenone on 7/17/2012 6:03:31 PM

I LOVE nude lipstick and i hope I can get it soon!

by Ekgurl on 7/16/2012 8:40:21 PM

MOD!!!! MOD!!! MOD!!! Im going into 7th grade and all my friends are starting to wear full makeup. I have hazel eyes dirty blonde hair and sort of tannish skin. I don't know what kind of makeup and what colors to wear!!!! Please help me!!!

Hey girlie,

You would look GREAT rocking metallic eyeshadows - shimmery gold, cool silver, and warm copper will bring out the blonde in your hair, complement your tan skin, and will be awesome for summertime. You could also add a touch of brown or medium pink to make it more playful. As for lips, stick to neutrals - a pale pink or coral pink lipgloss will add just the right touch of shine!
Lauren C.

by livy1919 on 7/12/2012 5:25:30 PM

hey 7th graders come join my club it is the class of 2018 bueeaty and fashion club deatils are in the discription box

by seliskey on 7/12/2012 10:21:42 AM

emma stone is so pretty she really has great makeup in the pic to

by seliskey on 7/10/2012 10:51:23 AM

Hey gobiorange. It sounds like your sister just isn't being very nice. If you don't want to look "insecure" but you feel like you should wear makeup, just go with the natural look. Just put on a light, almost skin-color eyeshadow. Then put on some brown mascara and a light pink lipstick or gloss. You'll look gorgeous and definitely not insecure.

by pinkbubblegum98 on 7/8/2012 10:12:41 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Hi, I have chocolate brown hair, in between skin, not pale but not tan, and dark brown eyes. I was wondering what makeup I should use that would look best on me. Thanks so much!Laughing

Hey girl, you can never go wrong with some classy black eyeliner on the upper and lower lid and some nice high-lengths mascara. That's my go to look! My eyes are blue, so I use a lot of subtle purple tones. Since you have brown eyes, blues, rosey red, and grays are great for shadow colors. Just experiment with some colors and see what you think!

lauren r.

by olivia192000 on 7/8/2012 5:03:36 AM

My little sister is 10, and she wears make-up. One day she asked me why I didn't. I replied that I felt that it made women look insecure, and then she started laughing at me and saying that I wouldn't get anywhere with my social life unless I did. It's been freaking me out! What do I do?????

by gobigorange on 7/5/2012 1:54:24 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
okay so i just finished eighth grade and we had a "prom" on a cruise. i had on a really cute 50s looking dress that had a white bustier then a black sequins peplum and skirt to the knee with small black patent leather sling backs. i tried to do winged liner and a red lip and i thought it looked really good. now, when i look back at pics i realize that the lipstick had smudged everywhere throughout the night and started fading and coming off in the middle and where my lip like turns into "gums" on the inside. do you have any tips for red lips so that doesn't happen?
Thanks Smile
P.S. i already tried using a lip liner but i didn't work because i wasn't precise enough and it looked really bad so i ended up not using it.
P.P.S sorry it was so long Smile)))

Hey girlie,

Omg, your "prom" sounds like such a good time! And your outfit sounded adorable Smile One little tip for using brightly colored lipstick: line your lips with concealer or foundation. Use a tiny thin brush and dip it into liquid concealer, then draw a line around your lip line (not ON your lips - just on the skin around them). Then, use your fingertips or a sponge to blend it up (or down) onto your skin. Finally, put your lipstick on. Don't forget the age-old trick of blotting your lipstick by putting a piece of toilet paper/tissue in between your lips and opening/closing onto it. All this should help it from bleeding out onto your skin!
Lauren C.

by nooniejoonie on 7/1/2012 12:37:34 PM

MOD!!
Hey I have a similar question to princess3156s. I want to know what lip colors will work with my skin tone. I have very fair skin. A few freckles, but not a lot. So can you help me? I also have light blue eyes, and goldy brown hair with red highlites. Thanks so much!!!! Smile

Hey girlie,

Since you have pale skin and gold/red hair, my picks would be a light coral lipgloss or a medium rose pink (avoid bubble gum/ice pink - you don't want to be too 80's inspired!). You have warm tones in your hair but cool tones in your pale skin, so these are the perfect "in betweens" that will give you color without going overboard Smile
Lauren C.

by Nikichic on 7/1/2012 12:14:25 AM

I love the natural look! For a daily look & for school, I only use coverup, mascara & a pale peach lipstain.

by Blushing-Beauty on 6/30/2012 8:20:50 PM

Thanks Lauren C. i will look for some colors like that!

by princess3156 on 6/29/2012 12:26:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
hello. i have frizzy hair. Is there any way i can make it unfrizzy without using a serum? Please answer. Thank you.

Hey girlie,

Check out these articles for our best frizz-busting tips! Some include serum (because it works so well), but there are totally other options for ya Smile

http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/11/17/3-frizz-busting-tips.aspx (note: the contest is now over)

Lauren C.

by transform2314 on 6/28/2012 10:09:00 PM

Hi so my mom is jamacian and my dad is italian and i'm dark like my mom(think gabriel union and megan good skin tone)can you give me some lipstick or lipstain colors for me and some that are affordable thanks!

Hey girlie,

You're so lucky, because your skin tone looks GREAT with dramatic lipstick colors! Burgundy, dark chocolate brown, and plum will look best on you. For a funky summer look, you could try a bright bubble gum pink. Since you mentioned her though, try Google searching pictures of Gabrielle Union. She usually keeps it natural with a champagne lipgloss or medium warm brown lipstick. I think that's my favorite look, because it lets your natural beauty shine through! Smile My fave lipstick brand is L'Oreal Colour Riche - http://www.walmart.com/ip/L-Oreal-Paris-Colour-Riche-Lip-Colour-Lipstick/10314131
Lauren C.

by princess3156 on 6/28/2012 9:59:25 PM

i really liked this article Smile thanks girlslife <3

by tswiftluver13 on 6/28/2012 8:49:28 PM

So have you ever been a victim of cyberbullying or bully in general? Are you now? Do you need encouragement to stand up for yourself? Join my club "stand up to bullies" ! u can find it on my profile. See ya there!

by kpianoplayer on 6/28/2012 7:36:02 PM

@pooky12, a dead-on middle part can actually make your face look asymmetrical. So you should try this trick that lots of celebrities do: Line up your comb with the inner end of your eyebrow and make your part straight up from there using the method the mod suggested. It looks like a middle part to anyone else, but is more flattering to your face! Smile

by volleyball514 on 6/28/2012 6:43:49 PM

m. mo. mod. M. MO. MOD. MOD! MOD! MOD!
okay so i have thick, reddish brown hair that is just barely grazing my shoulders and i need a style that would look good on me!!! (BTW no ponytails, or braids because i dont have enough hair!!! and , this look is for camp so no curling or straightening) Thanks!!!

Hey girlie,

Try spicing up your look with some subtle (and way easy) changes. Here are two of my faves:

1) At the front of your hair (where your hair touches your face), grab a chunk about an inch thick. Starting as far up as you can toward the part, weave that chunk into a skinny braid. Secure with an itty-bitty elastic or use a barrette to clip the end into the rest of your hair. Super sweet - and it keeps your hair outta your face!

2) Headband. Choose a thin headband (sparkly, animal print, with a little flower on top - whatever suits your style) and plop it into normal hair. Easy peasy! Smile
Lauren C.

by loppyears12 on 6/28/2012 6:15:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
hi so i want to get a middle part like selena gomez but i dont know how to make it look good! please help, thanks

Hey girlie,

Try using a thin comb to get Sel's look! Brush your hair straight back, then use the comb close to your scalp to get a straight, defined part. It could help to use a sleek hair product like Garnier Fructis' Style Sleek and Shine Smoothing Milk to cut down on frizzies and help you get a smooth line Smile
Lauren C.

by pooky12 on 6/28/2012 4:44:07 PM

Atually, for anyone who likes Emma Stons liner and mascara asos.com is having a 50% off sale RIGHT NOW!!!!

by Brenna04 on 6/28/2012 1:45:28 PM

An idea to anyone who wants this stuff but has a tight budget - try googling the products. Sometimes you can find it cheaper elsewhere - even on ebay! (You can also try this if you live in Canada like me and some companies ship only to the US)

by Brenna04 on 6/28/2012 1:40:30 PM

LOVE the nude lipstick! But it's so expensive! Like nothing is under $7! Taylor's stuff is the most. Which is too bad cause I love her!

by lilyyum on 6/28/2012 1:09:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I dont wear make-up all that often, but i do have eyelines. The only thing is I have no idea how to put it on so that it looks nice. Are ere any articles on the site here of other sites that can help me with make-up tips? Thanks

Hey girlie!  There are tons of makeup clubs to help you and give you tips on makeup, so check those out in the "Fun Stuff" section!  I bet your mom can show you, too.  She's probably put eyeliner on before, and she can show you so your makeup looks great whenever you leave the house!  xoxo

Kate G.

by LilyLookALike on 6/28/2012 11:45:30 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
how can i lose wieght and fat in my calves fast? Thanks! are their any exercises for that?

Hey girl! Try running, dancing, and walking to slim down those calves!  It'll take a little bit of time, just like any other exercise, but the results will be worth it! xoxo

Kate G.

by CheerUrHeartOut on 6/28/2012 11:04:02 AM

Holy cow! All of this is super expensive!!!

by AnnaB1234 on 6/28/2012 10:37:50 AM

I would never wear lipstick. But I have always thought bright red lipstick is so pretty and so 50's. Even my dad says he misses when women wear that haha. But I like the nude and pink too. I just take Selena's natural beauty to another level haha...I don't wear any.

by topchef88 on 6/28/2012 8:21:03 AM

Mod
My crush stood me up on a date. I waited for an half an hour after the date was supposed to be, but he never showed. I have his # and texted to ask if everything was ok and I was waiting but no reply. Should I confront him or let it slide?

Hey girlie!  My advice? Let it slide, right along with your crush on him! There is absolutely no point on wasting time with a dude who doesn't respect you or your time.  Chalk it up to experience and move on!  xoxo

Kate G.

by rainyseattlegirl on 6/28/2012 2:07:04 AM

I love the nude lipstick!

by Chloe<3 on 6/28/2012 12:05:09 AM