8 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

9 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

10 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

8 cool things you won't learn in history class

When the word “history” comes to mind, you probably think of dusty antiques and boring lectures on dead guys. But there are tons of nifty facts about...

That picture was of women and men from the 1940's and 1950's. See how pretty the women were? How handsome the men were? What happened between then and now?

by ShirleyFeeney on 8/2/2012 2:59:54 PM

Christipher Columbus DIDNT discover america! He discovered the place we call the Bahamas AND he and his men killed a race of indians called Plíni. And they started smallpox. Carrie R.

by YayaYuiki on 7/25/2012 1:02:14 PM

Actually, I'm my 8th grade history class, we did learn about the filibuster.

by starry~16 on 7/25/2012 12:15:46 PM

Hey American history better than aus history

by Cathgirl358 on 7/21/2012 1:24:20 AM

Im gonna tell this to my teacher A+ HERE I COME

by TSfan#1 on 7/18/2012 1:46:20 PM

Columbus actually found the islands around America, and technically he wasn't the first one to find them because there were people already there. All of these explorers were phonies in my book. They basically found land inhabitted by people they considered savages so they claimed it for their country. They are the most selfish disrespectful people in the history books by my observation.

by missnickib on 7/9/2012 5:04:05 PM

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost a child while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named “Kennedy.” Kennedy was shot in a car called a “Lincoln.”

Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse
Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

by lauren330 on 7/5/2012 6:10:41 PM

Want to be on the big screen one day? Ache to be a singer? Wish you could model? We're the club for you. Lights, Camera, Action gives you advice on the best ways for you to snatch that career and start living your dream. Who says dreams are only for our heads? This club will also help you out in sticky situations, boys, friends, and inner beauty. Join Lights, Camera, Action!

by pretty123 on 7/5/2012 1:51:57 PM

The last one's kind of cool.

by topchef88 on 7/5/2012 10:43:45 AM

Paul Revere wasn't actually the first one to ride and alert officials of war. Another man (I forget his name) alerted first and we would've been fine off. But we pick to publicize Paul Revere because revere means respect and admiration.

by zachmejeff on 7/4/2012 3:29:29 PM

James A. Garfield could write with both hands in Greek and Latin at the same time.

by juju_kachoo on 7/4/2012 2:48:08 PM

Art Crazy52 Kennedy was elected in 1960 and Lincoln in 1860 that's a hundred years apart not a year. Their deaths were also on 1963 and 1865 that's a 102 years apart.

by kannjenkins on 7/4/2012 2:20:53 PM

paramorefan123 i think it was tim rice anderson
also JFK was the first and only roman catholic president

by acegray on 7/4/2012 2:19:47 PM

Art Crazy52, what was your history teacher's name?

by pinkbubblegum98 on 7/4/2012 1:03:26 PM

Wish I had a great history teacher like Carrie R. who made that article I think...then, it'll become more fun instead of me being the only one in my 7th grade history class interested in it...Smile Carrie R.

by Susmita24 on 7/4/2012 12:04:27 PM

Happy Independence Day everyone! Go USA!

by fallsb-ball on 7/4/2012 11:46:32 AM

If only they taught things like This in History class...

~If you have a question, or just need a friend, come leave a comment on my profile and we can talk Smile~

~<3~

by iSing on 7/4/2012 11:33:42 AM

Love shopping? Need style advice? Live for fashion? If you answered yes to any of these questions then my club, Fashion Blogs is for you! We share fashion and beauty tips, sales at our fave stores, our outfits of the day, new trends, polls, and quizzes! We also talk about celeb fashion and even have monthly contests! Positions are open to apply for too!
Please join now!
♥dancer♥

by dancer2998 on 7/4/2012 10:03:32 AM

I forget which president, but he hated geography and math, but he loved dancing!

by HappySunshine on 7/4/2012 9:35:29 AM

The last one's pretty cool. Thanks.

by iRead on 7/4/2012 8:47:00 AM

Later after they found out people were being buried alive they put a bell in a persons coffin so if they were alive that person would ring it and someone would come dig them out. Kind of creepy right?

by wyotrees on 7/4/2012 8:36:35 AM

I didn't hear about all of these, but I did hear a couple before. I had US History in eighth grade(going of to high school!) and I heard some wierd and funny stuff. My teacher even showed the creepy coincidences between President Lincoln and President . Did u know their deaths are exactly a year apart? Also they were elected a year apart. Both of their assassins(I'm not sure I spelled that right, LOL) were known by 3 names and had 15 letters in their name(not the presidents). President Lincoln was killed in Ford Theatre, President Kennedy was killed in a car made by Ford called Lincoln. Spooky isn't it?

by Art Crazy52 on 7/4/2012 7:00:06 AM

Did you know that some people believe there was a president for a day? It was because James K. Polk job ended on a Sunday, and Zachary Taylor was religious so he didn't take it up that day.

by paramorefan123 on 7/4/2012 4:41:26 AM

leif erikson (not sure i spelled his name right) discovered america before christopher columbus, but for some reason we celebrate christopher columbus instead. all he really did was sail to the wrong place...

by emroxlol on 7/4/2012 4:30:38 AM

Very useful information you have here

by Bobalina on 7/4/2012 3:46:38 AM

I have one. One of the presidents(forgot which one)refused to wear a coat while giving the inagural address and got sick and died a month later after he went into office.

by lexi874 on 7/4/2012 2:48:28 AM

Funny thing, I was taught all these things in History

by sunnybubbles on 7/4/2012 12:44:16 AM

did you know that Abe Lincoln had a $10 bill in his pocket when he was shot? lol thanks for that fact pawn stars

by loppyears12 on 7/4/2012 12:35:21 AM