1 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

2 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

3 HOURS AGO You've never had a crush...should you be worried: http://t.co/HCuRItau98

COMMENTS

8 tasty cookout dishes you can feel fab about

Summertime means lotsa cookouts, so you’re fillin’ up on yummy cheeseburgers, chips, potato salads and pies. Too bad none of that sounds particularly healthy. No worries, though...

Watermelon isn't actually all good. It has A LOT of sugar in it. Yes it has lots of other good for you things in it but it's not necceisarily healthy...same with other fruits. They all have a lot of sugar in it so you should just be ware.

by cookiemonster313 on 7/11/2012 3:35:54 PM

Im a REALLY picky eater. I hate trying new things. I get scared by looks and smell. If it's something I haven't tried before then I am to scared to eat it. And here's the problem. I want to try to eat healthy, and most healthy foods consist of foods I haven't tried or don't like. Like Strawberries, oranges, plums,nuts,kiwis. I can't eat those since I don't like them. Well i like peanuts. But yea. So what healthy meals can I make, a 14 year old who can't cook at ALL, make for lunch? I like meals that don't make me starving, meals that fill me up, are good to my standards, and easy to make. Thanks Smile

Hey girlie,

Since we're not sure what foods you like/don't like, it's kinda hard to give you recipe suggestions! Instead, we really recommend trying a lot of new foods and working on keeping an open mind. Instead of overwhelming yourself by forcing yourself to eat all new foods right in a row, try working a new food into a meal of something you already love. Like pasta, for example - chop up some cleaned spinach leaves and toss them in whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce or olive oil. Try whipping up a smoothie full of fruits you love, plus some fruits/veggies you're unsure about. The good stuff will overshadow the unfamiliar stuff - and will show you that it's all HOW you prepare the food, not the actual food itself Smile Everything can be made to taste good, if you get creative and keep an open mind!
Lauren C.

by andsothelionfellinlovewiththelamb on 7/10/2012 9:11:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My birthday is in about a month and I wanted to have a party. I was thinking about doing a sleepover. We usually have pizza on birthdays, but this year I want to do something like a taco bar. Any suggestions? Also, last year I didn't want or have a completely planned down to the last detail b-day party, and there were a couple of my friends that were listening to Justin Bieber on the computer (I don't like his music.)like all night. I put in a movie, and there was only 1 other girl who watched it with me. I was thinking I could have a big bowl full of pieces of paper that had party games on it. One problem, a few of my friends are negative nelly (like 2) and might think that playing games are boring or weird or something. Any suggestions there? Also, my birthday is about a week and a half before school starts. Thanks.

Hey girl!  Birthday parties are awesome!  The taco bar idea sounds delish, maybe also try a sundae bar for dessert?  The best way to deal with friends like that is to come up with a game or movie that everyone would be interested in.  Think about things that you enjoy doing with them and try those!  Makeovers, playing outside, etc.  Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by dancethenightaway on 7/5/2012 10:20:10 AM

I already knew this, I just like this stuff so you know I still am going to eat it haha.

by topchef88 on 7/2/2012 7:09:38 PM

Some of my fave summertime foods're chips and salsa and potato salad.

by otter77 on 7/2/2012 7:01:36 PM

I <3 WATERMELON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by cutiepie14231 on 7/2/2012 5:28:57 PM

Hey girls Smile

Sometimes, MODs get SUPER busy answering everyone's questions and can't answer yours. But you can always come to me Smile I can give advice on:
Boys
Parties
Death/loss
Summer camp
Fears
Your bod
Self-esteem/confidence

And any other problems you have! Please don't be afraid to ask because I promise I will not judge you and give you an honest answer to your question. I also check GL almost every day so I garuntee a speedy response! So what are you waiting for? My profile is a click away Smile

by xXMissBehavedXx on 7/2/2012 3:46:43 PM

My fave summertime foods are grilled veggie burgers and caprese salad.

by supersingershannon on 7/2/2012 3:10:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have a friend who is obsessed with her crush, and me and her crush are really good friends, and so whenever I talk to her about something that me and her crush did together she gets all mad, but that isn't fair, because me and her crush were friends since kindergarten. AND JUST FRIENDS NOT ANYTHING MORE! What should I do?

Hey chica!  Sounds rough!  If she just won't listen when you say you're just friends, then try to keep from bringing him up around her.  Maybe she's just jealous of the time you get to spend with him and doesn't want to hear about how much fun you two had without her.  If she's still mad that you're friends with him, let her know that you think of him as only a friend (tell her he's like a brother to you if you have to).  Eventually, she'll either get the point or learn to live with it.  Good luck!

Kate G.

by scruffythecrow on 7/2/2012 2:08:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Can you please view my profile? It has not been moderated yet.

Hey girlie!  We have someone who goes through all of the profiles, and I'm sure they are getting to yours soon!  if not, did you have to get parental approval and haven't yet?  Check with your parents and see!

Kate G.