1 HOURS AGO Transform your look with color-changing nail polish: http://t.co/IwZ0dhHpF4

13 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

16 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

COMMENTS

Full-body Fourth of July fitness challenge

Take a break from your regular exercise routine, and celebrate America’s birthday with six sweet moves. They’ll have ya feelin’ patriotic in a jif! March to...

Mod mod mod!!!!

I was wondering if there is any way for me to get in swimsuit shape by the 3rd of august because my one friend is having a swimming party? Anf also to stay motovated while doing it?
Thanks

Hey chica, just so you know..there is no "swimsuit shape." Everyone comes in a different size so there isn't just one ideal body you should be going after. If you're looking to tone up though, here's a great start. (click here). As for staying motivated? Just make a list of realistic goals and deadlines for when you should reach these goals. Also set up a rewards system. If you accomplish one of your goals by the deadline you set, then treat yourself to something to celebrate! Good Luck and Have fun at the pool party!

Jess D.

by niccer13 on 7/12/2013 11:20:48 AM

Nice! I'll make sure to try these!!

P.S. Can anybody check out my new club and advice queen? I just started them.

by ssglgirl on 7/2/2013 1:10:11 PM

CALLING ALL IPOD OWNERS or people who love music!!! Come join the amazing club, "ipod owners" we talk about anything having to do with music! Come join the fun today!

by Ralinia on 7/2/2013 10:45:36 AM

Working out can be fun, easy, or what ever you choose to make of it. Check out my new weigh loss club for Weight loss and healthy living tips. check it out and let me know what you think. Smile

by 35sh7 on 7/23/2012 10:57:17 PM

OMG. Thanks SO much GL!! I've recently made the decision to workout everyday.I never really did it much and was completely clueless on what to do. But looking at your August/September issue workouts and some workouts on your website helped me get a my perfect workout routine!!
So again, THANKS ALOT!!! Smile

by Sparksfly on 7/21/2012 12:31:56 PM

Hi is there any way I can lose 10 pounds by the 20th?

by megacutie66 on 7/8/2012 9:49:58 PM

On the Fourth of July, I'm getting active by playing badminton with my family at our cookout!

by supersingershannon on 7/3/2012 8:36:59 PM

Thank you so much, Girl's Life! I have been doing your workout in the April/May magazine and I feel GREAT! Even though it burns and hurts a little, I know that I'll get in Tank Top shape in no time! Girls, if you want to be healthy and good looking in a tank top, try the workout...'cause it works!
Thanks, Girl's Life!

by FaithPetrowski on 7/3/2012 8:31:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
So i've always been a skinny girl- I'm 5'' 4' and i only weigh 100 lbs....I never really worked out like had a routine or anything, but I have been playing b-ball since i was in 1st grade (sometimes on multiple teams at once)....I don't eat the healthiest but i'm definitely not a pig and i enjoy fruits, veggies and all sorts of good stuff...this summer i really wanted to work out- i did it the for 2 days with my sis but now i'm not motivated! I feel like i'm gonna be so unfit by the time b-ball season roles around....please help!! How can i get motivated and stay with it the rest of the summer!?!?!

hey! here's a ton of motivators for ya! http://www.girlslife.com/Search.aspx?q=workout+motivator

Helen S.

by Justmecheyenne on 7/3/2012 5:59:40 PM

I am, uh probably doing nothing! If I can get off the couch, I might go swimming

by girlscupcakespitbulls on 7/1/2012 8:01:34 AM

I dance 24/7 which leads to a lot of sweat! Is there a certain brand of deodorant I can rely on that you recommend?
Antiperspirant is fine.

Hey girlie,

I use Degree Clear (from the "little black dress approved" line) in Pure Rain - it smells great and keeps me from sweating for a whole day. Since you are an athlete and probably sweating a little more intensely, you could also try Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant or Lady SpeedStick 24/7 Smile
Lauren C.

by snagmonkey on 7/1/2012 2:21:12 AM

Mod Mod Mod
I want a fresh new hairstyle I have an oval shaped face and i have long wavy chestnut hair.
!!!!!

Hey girl,

You're soo lucky you have long hair! That means you can try the styles in my three fave articles for the summer:

Remember, practice makes perfect!
Lauren C.

by snagmonkey on 7/1/2012 1:04:52 AM

I have a dance recital!!!

by edward199 on 6/30/2012 4:05:50 PM

I'm planning on hiking up a mountain to get active for this holiday.

by otter77 on 6/29/2012 11:43:08 PM

I just wanted to say that I started a new club called S.O.S. and I am looking for members!!! Also, I am an advice queen so if you need help than ask away! Thanks!

by nycdreamer12 on 6/29/2012 9:09:08 PM

I don't like the forth of July. Fireworks scare me Meghan D.

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 6/29/2012 8:00:57 PM

celLOL2000: haha same here

by loppyears12 on 6/29/2012 3:36:52 PM

How old to you have to be to get a gym membership? Does it vary with each gym company? Thanks! Smile

Hey girl!

It does vary with every gym. Check on their websites or give them a call to get your question answered.
Rachael A.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 6/29/2012 2:48:41 PM

MOD!!! 1)my period hasnt come for a few months! I get little spotting sometimes but thats it. I hav had a steady period for 2 years...the only reasons i can think of it stopping is being pregnant(no i am not!) and malnourished. Wat other reasons?
2) wat r some workouts i can do wen im camping? I dont wanna run around the campsite, cuz idk the ppl very well. But wat r some pretty discreet workouts? I dont feel very comfortable working out in public

Hey girl!

I wouldn't be too worried about not getting your period. It happens to lots of girls and women all the time. Make sure you're eating a well-rounded diet. It could also be from weight loss. Have you lost a lot of weight recently? It might be a good idea to contact your doctor. It's better to ask then to wonder what could be going on! As for workouts, you could do lunges or squats in an area where no one can really see you. You could do some ab workouts in your tent, too! Don't worry about not knowing the other people at the campsite. If you like running then don't be afraid to do it. There's no reason to be uncomfortable working out in public; people will admire you for working hard!
Rachael A.

by hahaha2005 on 6/29/2012 1:53:36 PM

those are actually really resourceful and doable ideas! Good job GirlsLIfe!Have you ever been cyberbullied? Do you need the support to stand up to them? find the support on my club, Stand up To bullies!

by kpianoplayer on 6/29/2012 1:30:43 PM

I'll be doing races and other games with my little brother and sister and possibly my cousin if he comes to visit.

by lemonlime123 on 6/29/2012 12:41:07 PM

This is a great workout! I just completed it Smile woo am I tired! Here are some tips/edits for others who want to try it:

1. for the stairs, try starting with 8-15 reps. Go slowly- but no walking! and don't do too much your first time.

2. for the curls, you can use regular 2 or 3 pound dumbbells. try regular curls if you were confused about what to do (I was!)

3.love the pushups!

4. for jumping jacks if you don't have a timer, do 150 jumping jacks. reduce to 100 if you can't do full 150.

5. for the last thing, I would say crunches are easier. do 100 crunches and it will work your abs great!

Also, try doing cross punches with dumbbells that works your entire arms. use kicks if you want to work your legs

by basketballcutie11 on 6/29/2012 11:04:40 AM

I'm planning on... Sitting on the couch all day watching tv. I'm not very active.

by celLOL2000 on 6/29/2012 10:05:01 AM

Playing games with my younger cousins and sibs!!

by Brenna04 on 6/29/2012 9:36:42 AM

I am trying to give myself a make over. I have tan skin, big, full lips, wide brown eyes, and only have eyeshadow, clear mascara, and fake nails available. How do I give myself a fresh look for the beginning of school!

Hey girl!

By wearing colors on the opposite end of the color wheel, you can give those brown eyes an awesome pop! Try blues, teals, greens, and even purples on the eyes. Just don't go overboard since this is an all-new look for you...start out slow. Tan skin often hides imperfections/blemishes so don't worry about the cover up. Add your clear mascara to lengthen the lashes and open up your eye. Try a new hair-do to top off your new look. Check out our style section for cool braids you could try! If you normally wear your hair up, try doing something with your hair down, and vice versa. Use your fake nails for a brand new manicure, and even paint small designs on them if they're plain. Keep it simple and you'll be fresh & flawless in no time!

Catherine C.