4 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

7 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

8 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

Help! My besties are pressuring me to date a guy I don't like

My friends are pressuring me to go out with this guy and he's one of my other friends. He's gonna ask me but I don't like...

Im 13 and a guy that i really like and that treats me well asked me out I was really happy and said yes but i have never told my mom about boys...how do i ask her if i caan date?

Hey girl!

When your mom isn't busy, ask her if you can talk. There's no better way to go about it than to just be honest. Tell her you'd like to date this boy. Offer to introduce him to her so she'll feel more comfortable. Good luck!

Rachael A.

by picklegrape on 8/3/2012 4:13:19 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by haker13 on 7/25/2012 11:39:39 PM

i have friends but they all have better people to hang with than me. in my class i only have been to a few people's houses and i never get invited anywhere. i text some girls from my french clas and theyre kinda nice but, again they have better friends than me. i also get bullied and people talk behind my back a LOT. i have 2 friends outside of school. one i'll call "G". G is my BFF and we are supertight. sometomes i feel like she is the only one i can trust. ther is this other girl who i will call "Rebel" and here is why, i've known her for years much like G, but i know her from theatre camp, but she lives in a really small house and was not raised well, so she beahaves badly. at the campfire she litteraly PLAYED WITH FIRE. if that's not bad enough, once Rebel and i were talking and suddenly her eyes widened and she did that whole bending-arm-behind-your-back thing and it really hurt. she stopped just as i was about to cry than she acted as if it never happened. please help me.

by HannahRuthRocks on 7/18/2012 6:20:22 PM

Wow! Why would friends do that if they know u dont like him. ugh.

by kaykay0055 on 7/7/2012 10:24:36 PM

Join my club: Ask Brooke. I have advice on boys, religion, and just growing up Smile

by brookierebel on 7/4/2012 12:15:55 PM

Mod!mod!mod!
This is gonna sound very weird but I'm scared that when I have my first kiss somethings gonna go wrong like I'm gonna open my mouth when his is closed or vise versa. How do I learn how to kiss before it actually happens?!? Thanx 4 answering my weird question!

Hey babe,

It's not weird at all! Honestly, it's a very natural thing, your body pretty much starts out having a knack for it.  But take a look at these articles for some extra tips:

Never Been Kissed?

Kissing Guide

Jordan S.

by artistchic99 on 7/3/2012 9:57:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I am allowed to wear makeup regularly now, and I am in 6th grade, so I don't need foundation (right? I don't have any skin discoloration that a 'lil bit of concealer couldn't fix! And I don't have wrinkles..) but this is what I am going to wear:
1. Eyeshadow
2. Mascara
3. Tinted moisturizer
4. Concealer
5. Blush
And thats it! Do you think that is good for my age and experience with makeup? Do you have any tips or suggestions to make it look natural but pretty? And also, when I am older I want to be a makeup artist for fashion week and photo shoots and have my own makeup line. Should I try to become a YouTube Beauty Guru?

Hey! I think a pretty but natural day look is some tinted moisturizer with a blush that complements your skintone, and some clear lipgloss. Here's a tip: buy an ultra thin eye brush and use it to swipe on a thin line of darker eyeshadow on your lids. It makes a softer alternative to eyeliner, but still makes your eyes pop Smile Shoot for the stars girl! if you want to start a beauty video blog then go for it. good luck!

Helen S.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/2/2012 6:23:23 PM

MOD MOD
I wrote a mod on here and it is not on here. What is going on?

Hey girl,

Please be patient! We're pretty busy this morning answering and approving comments, so just hang in there and you'll see your mod soon <3
Lauren C.

by misstomboy1 on 7/1/2012 10:06:13 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
my boyfriend ryan dumped me and I still LOVE him!
Im only 9 though! Ok me and my BFF Ashley went to go get ryan but he was with his friend Chris and had bibi guns and blew a birds head off! I was so mad at him because he is or was til that Chris guy came, really nice and sweet, I was so angry Ashley had to pull me back from hitting him! I love animals! Then he shot the bird again and I pushed him he pushed me back and tried to hit me with his gun! Ash and me went to the park with Kari his younger sister the nice one and he came later to get her to eat then he said" I think I should take a break from dating" I said okay. He said " fine by me!" like he didn't care. I started to cry! I'm still in love with him though but we were on and off 6 times. After everything we've been through I can't let go! I doubt he wants to go out with me again! I never felt this way about anyone! What should I do?

Hey girlie,

Any breakup is stressful and makes ya hurt, but think about how upset he made you when he hit that bird! You might not have ever felt like this about someone before, but trust me - you will feel this way about someone else again. And it will be someone better, who shares your views on animals ... and on life! You should be with someone who respects you and respects the things you care about. Honestly, he's probably too young to be in a relationship right now because he's too focused on himself. He's not wrong - he's just enjoying being young, but unfortunately that sometimes means that he isn't able to also keep your feelings/interests in mind. It's totally normal to feel upset about your breakup, but try to remind yourself what he did and how mad it made you. Remind yourself you deserve so much better, and that it's not bad to be single for a while. Surround yourself with your besties, do stuff that makes you happy, and enjoy the summertime. Learning how to get through a breakup will be a great skill to have - you can do this <3 Lots of love, girl!
Lauren C.

by misstomboy1 on 6/30/2012 10:47:04 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD! Smile
How do I send a question for a guy to answer?

Hey girl,

Use this link, and click on "Bill and Dave" in the drop-down menu. http://www.girlslife.com/Contact.aspx?t=advice

Meghan D.

by whycantibeaninjaturtletoo on 6/30/2012 12:08:53 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
This girl I don't really like recently got a FB, and my BFF says she'd like to get to know her better because she can talk to her over FB. I usually wouldn't care, but the last time those 2 became friends, there was a TON of drama(3 people were in tears over it and i almost lost her as a friend) and i feel like it'll happen again. if she goes off and ditches me for the other girl, then i'm all alone in my section in band!! i know i'm jumping to conclusions, but it's very well possible. i'm trying to suck it up and attempt to be friends with her too because i figure it'll help, but i'm still skeptical. what should i do? there's no telling what will happen until band camp in August.

Hey girl,

It's good that you're trying to give her the benefit of the doubt -- she might have changed! Don't worry about what will happen at band camp yet, because there's still a chance for all of you to get along! Try being nice to her and doing stuff together, and if she's still mean after that, schedule some time to hang out with your bff one-on-one.

Meghan D.

by karategirl78 on 6/29/2012 11:02:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok so ive known these two girls since second grade and we are going into 7th and have always been super close. This year two girls came from another school and they are best friends but when im hanging out with my friends they come over and take them away and ill say something like "we were having a convo, but you guys can join us" then they will drag them away and say "well we are about to have a convo and we dont want you to be a part of it" i talked to my friends about it and they just say that they want us all to be friends then say im being mean to these girls. i want to be friends with all of them but my bffls are being taken from me!!

Hey girl,

If your friends want everyone to be friends, maybe there's a way to make it work! If you said that you were having a conversation, it might have made them feel hurt, even if you didn't mean it that way. Try planning to all hang out together, and if they're mean to you then, try hanging out with your original friends separately than when they see the other girls.

Meghan D.

by Glis awesome on 6/29/2012 10:31:41 PM

I just wanted to say that I started a new club called S.O.S. and I am looking for members!!! Also, I am an advice queen so if you need help than ask away! Thanks!

by nycdreamer12 on 6/29/2012 9:09:31 PM

MOD,MOD,MOD,
I" going to this party tonight so answer asap Smile
So one of my good friends is having a party tonight, and I'm super exicted for it, except she invited this one girl, I'll call her z, and I don't really like her. I kinda know her but she talks about inapropriate stuff and as kinda mean. I know i'll have to talk to her but I kinda dont want to. Also I like the same person as her and don't want her to find out even though we probably will play truth or dare. How should I deal?

Hey girl!

You don't have to say anything about your crush if you don't want to. You can say you're just not crushing on anyone at the moment! And you don't even need to have an extensive conversation with this girl; just say hi and be cordial.
Rachael A.

by wxyz22 on 6/29/2012 4:31:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
My bf and I hit a rough patch. We're both 15 and have been dating for almost two months. We've been talking and he's said how down the road he wants to have sex. I know that I want to be at least 18 and be with someone I love and may be with forever. He said he wouldn't wait 3 years to go all the way. There is no way I'd make such a huge mistake as to lower my standards for my first time. What should I do? I know we won't last 3 years if he won't wait that long for me! Does he only want me for sex? He's so sweet and caring! I'm so stressed out! Help!

Hey girl!

If your BF says he's willing to wait to have sex, he clearly cares about you and wants it to be the right time for both of you. I don't think you two need to put an exact date on when it's OK, because that just adds pressure to your relationship that you just don't need. If he isn't willing to do whatever it takes for both of you to feel right about it, he's not worth your time.

Rachael A.

by 2sprinkles2 on 6/29/2012 3:01:16 PM

that's happened to me before...it's not fun

by myfatsquirrel on 6/29/2012 2:14:31 PM