5 HOURS AGO It is never too soon to start thinking about fall fashion! Here are some of our favs: #GLStyle http://t.co/ur0KcH2S0v

6 HOURS AGO #Quiz: Is you friend a real friend? http://t.co/KiJFbS0la7

7 HOURS AGO Excited to be back at school? Show off your new nerdy nails that girls will die for! http://t.co/HljuRfVyHY

COMMENTS

How to make a move on your crush--before someone else does

Well, I really like this boy, and I can't work up the nerve to talk to him. What do I do, because it is summer? Someone else...

Trying to get a boyfriend but i want one to just have sex with him is this normal.

by Selassie on 7/28/2012 10:25:27 PM

I'm tring my new Plan to getting a BF the whole reson why I want a BF is to have sex with him and make out is this normal?

by Selassie on 7/28/2012 10:24:32 PM

My crush asked me out, and my parents won't let me date til I'm 16! Should I keep it a secret? If I do, I have a feeling they will find out anyway : /

by haker13 on 7/25/2012 1:19:35 AM

Invite him to a pool party and wear a sexy bikini. If you want your crush that works every time. Its like our girl code between my friends and I, and its worked for most of us. Just get a group of friends and decide to have a pool get together. Splash him in the pool and act friendly and you wont be disappointed.

by luckykel on 7/9/2012 11:49:06 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!! Hey went to a suuuper cute guy and he was sweet me and all the other people there had a pillow fight but don't you think splashing me with water and no one else btw throwing pillows at me and me catching him liking at me flirting? I only met him that once and he has a girlfreind I guess but he was paying more attention to me. We're both the same age. I cant stop thinking about everything (not just him btw) what should I do! ?!?!?!

Hey girl!

It's possible that he was flirting with you, but you should try and let it go because he does have a girlfriend. There's nothing you can do to change that so try and focus on flirting with guys who are totally available! It's tough not to try and analyze every detail of your interaction with him, but just try to keep busy and put it out of your mind.
Rachael A.

by star664 on 7/9/2012 2:03:46 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
So I've been dating my current BF for a month & I really like him! But last summer I dated a guy for 4 months & it was incredible. We were best friends & BF/GF so we got along so well & I was so happy. He was my whole summer and I could be myself with him. I almost think I was in love. We were super close & I miss it. With my current BF we're nothing like that, I mean we hang out & act like BF/GF but we're not even close to as close as I was with my ex-BF. He's always busy & we've only hung out twice in a group. So my question is, how do I get over my ex BF, get closer with my current BF & make it not awkward when we hang out alone? Thanks! xoxo

Hey girlie!

I myself fall into the trap of comparing current relationships or BFs to past ones. Ya gotta try to not compare, because every relationship and every boy will be different. Maybe this guy is more shy and it takes longer for him to be comfortable seeing you one-on-one. You've only been dating a month, so give it some time. Try being more open with him, and he might just return the favor! When you're alone, have a bunch of topics in mind so the conversation doesn't die. If you're still not happy with how things are going, you can always break up. But, for now, try to work with him and give him some more time to get closer to you.
Kelly G.

by sophiag97 on 7/4/2012 1:17:51 PM

too late. Frown

by devyyncee4 on 7/3/2012 5:02:38 PM

my bgf and crush just broke up with someone and got back together with his other ex i didn't even have time to make a move...ugh!

by luvmonkey1313 on 7/3/2012 2:32:53 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put the heart where your real heart is
5. Your crush will ask you out tomorrow
6. This only works if you post this to your favorite article

by waffles4eva! on 7/2/2012 6:36:33 PM

Thanks Kate G by the way i love your advice Smile I just wanted to say again that that i never know when i am going to see him once i didnt even see him for two weeks how can i make sure that im going to have the chance to talk to him? And what should i say!? Whenever i see him he is at the stable i go to so any things i can say that go to that theme?

Thanks, girlie!  Even though you don't know when you'll see him, you just have to take the chance when you get it.  If you always see him at the stables you go to, you two must both love horses, so that sounds like a natural topic to talk about.  If he's using a technique you've never seen before, why not ask him how to do it?  If he always rides the same horse, talk him about it.  They key is to slowly start talking to him more, so try and always have a little bit longer of a conversation every time you guys talk until you feel comfortable asking for his number.  You don't want to sound like you're quizzing him or interviewing him, so at first you should only ask questions that relate to what he's doing or what he says.  After awhile, you'll know what to talk about without needing to use the technique or the horse as an excuse!

Kate G.

by palmabluebear on 7/2/2012 3:07:25 PM

Ok so i really like this guy but it seems all the others girls do too! He is really friendly to everyone so i can't tell if he likes me back. I only see him a few times a week and whenever i talk to him i dont really strike up a convo i just say one thing he replies and i walk away. I really want to invite him to hangout and get his number what should i do?

Hey girlie!  Before you invite him to hang out or get his number, you should chat a little bit more in person with him.  Next time you see him, strike up a conversation!  Don't walk away after one question, instead ask him about something that you know he's interested in.  After chatting with him for a few times, tell him that you really like talking to him and would love to have his number so you could text him sometime.  Good luck!

Kate G.

by palmabluebear on 7/2/2012 2:41:13 PM

this really has nothing 2 do w/the article, BUT, i just need to let out all my exdcitment!! GL mag aka U just followed me on twitter!!eepp!!! -@1DBelles321

by gumdrops321 on 7/1/2012 8:44:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I NEED THE HELP!
I don't want to be jealous, but my classmate always flirts with him, and it seems uncomfortable to me! WHAT DO I DO?

Hey girlie,

Try to take a deep breath and remember you can't control everyone. It's annoying, but it's none of your business. What IS your business is flirting with him yourself! Follow the tips in this article and make your move - flirt, tease him, compliment him, get to know him. She might be flirting too, but use that as motivation to get started. You can't make her stop flirting - and if you lost your chance because of her, it would be such a bummer. The best way to avoid that is to worry about yourself and do all you can to let him get to know you better. That way, you'll know you didn't miss your shot because you did your best! Smile
Lauren C.

by scruffythecrow on 7/1/2012 4:00:13 AM

My friend totally flirts around my crush and it kind of ticks me off, but when I ask her if she likes him she always says no. What should I do?

Hey girl,

The smart thing to do is trust your friend and don't let this get you distracted from your goal. She could just be a flirty person - and she might even think she's helping you out by being friendly to him. But whether she likes him or not, use this as motivation for flirting with him even more and letting him get to know you. If you're focusing on your friend flirting with your crush, you'll be wasting time that could be used getting to know your crush even better Smile Check this article out for some tips on how to take advantage of the time you have!

Lauren C.

by snagmonkey on 7/1/2012 3:41:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
(make this private!!)
Can you give me an honest opinion on this poem?
((poem omitted))

Hey girlie,

Great job on the poem! Keep writing and expressing your feelings/thoughts - with practice, your poetry will get even better! Smile
Lauren C.

by lovepinkk08 on 7/1/2012 12:12:53 AM

Mod
I have this dress that I love and it fits me perfectly. The only problem is its black and purple. How can I add more of a summery vibe to the outfit?

Hey girlie,

Try wearing it with a pair of white sandals and a light white cardigan! A denim jacket (and cowboy boots for a country summer vibe?) could also lighten the mood Smile
Lauren C.

by timekeeper on 6/30/2012 11:20:37 PM

Hey girls Smile

Sometimes, MODs get SUPER busy answering everyone's questions and can't answer yours. But you can always come to me Smile I can give advice on:
Boys
Parties
Death/loss
Summer camp
Fears
Taking care of your bod
Self esteem/confidence

And any other problems you have! Please don't be afraid to ask because I promise I will not judge you and give you an honest answer to your question. I also check GL almost every day so I garuntee a speedy response! So what are you waiting for? My profile is a click away Smile

by xXMissBehavedXx on 6/30/2012 11:09:16 PM

During the school year, there was this guy in my homeroom. He sat next to me because our last names are similar and we were aranged alphabetically by last name. He always stole people's binders and hid them for fun. And we were equally annoying to each other. But, we were frenemies. The year before, in seventh grade, he wrote in my yearbook "you annoy the pee out of me" as a joke. I laffed at that. but this year he wrote "hey cupcake girl, i'll miss u next year." because on superhero day at the school i went as my own hero called cupcake girl and i couldn't believe he remembered that when no one else did. next year we will go to different high schools but i still can't help but ask: do u think that his comment showed that he liked me or was he jsut being friendly.

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 6/30/2012 10:09:39 PM

Hey girls!
Need advice about absolutely anything? Got a prob you're embarrassed to go to other people about? Feeling the need to vent about the awful day you just had or anything else and always get a supportive response? That's what I'm here for Smile I absolutely love helping you all by giving top notch advice on any subject under the sun. Seriously ask me about anything....I mean the worst I can say is that I can't answer your question right?! I promise not to judge you and to give each question my undivided attention and thought.
I also give you my honest word that I will never tell you what you want to hear and instead will always tell you the truth and my HONEST opinion about everything.

So if you need advice (or just want a friend to talk too...I <3 meeting new people on here it's SO fun!!) don't hesitate to comment on my profile...it's just a click away<3

xoxo,
maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 6/30/2012 7:30:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really like this guy! He is all I can think about. I've never liked a guy this much before! He dosen't have a girlfriend and is going to my school next year (middle school) I can't get him off my mind! All of my friends know and talk to him and they say that hes really nice and kind of shy. How can i get him to notice me? And, how can I tell him I like him?

Hey! It sounds to me like you really like this guy Smile congrats, it can be fun to have a crush. The best way to deal with this is to be his friend and see if something more happens naturally. I have seen so many girls get hurt and ruin friendships because they "had to know" if someone liked them, and they asked the guy about it and made the whole situation awkward. I even did that myself when I was younger. It's better to have a secret crush on your friend than to have a public crush on your ex-friend. good luck!

Helen S.

by Abby774 on 6/30/2012 3:36:38 PM

so i super duper like this guy ...but he moved schools i have NO way of talking to him i cant have a fb and im only 12 so i caant go out on dates either i dont know how to talk to him i have really been trying to tell myself.....u cant have him....but i cant seem to get him out of my mind no one really knows this i need ur help please
Thanks

Hey! You might be thinking about him a lot right now, but in time you will get over him. it might not happen fast, but it will happen. Try to minimize the amount of time you think about him by avoiding triggers that remind you of him and try to think about other things when your mind starts to wander. good luck!

Helen S.

by poptart64 on 6/30/2012 3:00:15 PM

MODMODMOD
Okay so this guy has been my friend for a while but we are starting to get closer, like best friends. Anyways, he has a girlfriend but lately he has been flirting a lot with me and when he is around another guy, he's always whispering and pointing at me. I don't know what to do! HELP?!?!

hey! If he has a gf, best stay away. Just be his friend and if he makes a real move tell him you don't want to be involved while he has a gf. good luck!

Helen S.

by rissa99 on 6/30/2012 2:23:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I like this guy and I just had a party and we all shared who we liked and one of my besties likes him too!!!!!! I liked him first. This has happened before to me but not with the same girl. I really want to ask him out because he flirts with me SOOOOOO much! I asked the girl if it was okay and she said totally but I still feel bad. What should I do????

It's normal for your friend to be hurt, but if she said its ok, you can ask him out if you want! Just make sure to still spend time with her so she doesn't feel left out. And hey -- maybe he has a friend she'd like!
Meghan D.

by SuperSwimmer1 on 6/30/2012 2:18:49 PM

MODMODMOD
I have a huge crush on this guy John. I go to a lot of bonfires when hes there, but i cant get the nerve to talk to him one on one with all those people there. I text him alot. At the parties, hes always giving girls hugs. I dont think its really as flirting, but my friends just go up to him and ask for a hug and he gives them one. He's hugged me before after one of these parties, but i feel like with all these other girls I just dont stand out anymore. What should I do?
PS: The girls who hug him dont like him, theyre just really close
PPS: He knows I like him, and hes super nice to me but im still shy around him

Hey girl, if he knows you like him and hasn't done anything, it's probably best to just stay friends. Even if he is just flirting with everyone else, don't you want someone who will put all his attention on you?
Meghan D.