10 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

14 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

15 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

First-Kiss Freak-Out: Is it normal to get nauseous?

A boy I've known for 12 years asked me out on my first date. We hung out a couple of nights ago and he was so...

MOD MOD MOD!
so I was in the car with my friend and her brother.I kind of like her brother. let's call him "joe." so Joe was just staring at us trying to be funny so we decided to do it to him too to get him to stop. so our faces were super close. about half an inch away from eachother. then I noticed Joe started shaking a bit and he finally pulled away. he just stared, and this might have just been me but it seemed like he kept looking at my lips. then he wraped his shirt over his lips (he was wearing two) and started doing it agian.then when I had to go he smiled and said bye to me for the first time ever. do you think he wanted to kiss me or is it the other way around? sorry this is so long.

Hey girl,

I really don't know what he wanted (it might have just been awkward, or he was just playing around!), but if you like your friend's brother, you should talk to your friend before you do anything! She might be upset and want to talk about it with you, and she will be hurt if you did anything before telling her!

Meghan D.

by super8-girl on 8/3/2012 11:37:04 PM

Mod mod mod
My BF and I wanna go out today.... But we don't know where to. He told me to pick but I have no idea where to go. What would be a good place (we've gone out for almost a year)

Hey girlie! There are a ton of good movies playing, so you could head to the theater.  If you want to go somewhere you can talk more, why not pack a picnic and hang in your backyard (if it's nice out).  You can pretend you're somewhere exotic and use it asa mini vacay.  xoxo

Kate G.

by swifty#1 on 8/3/2012 11:57:56 AM

Mod mod mod
(Lauren)
Thanks so much Smile and the kissing guide really helped me Smile I went back to my bf's house (he lives next to me) and I apologized for running away. I said almost exactly what you wrote in ur response and he forgave me then he leaned in and we kissed Smile. It was amazing Smile thanks so much Smile

Oh yay, that is sooo sweet Smile He sounds like a great guy! <3 Never forget - just be open with him about how you're feeling and you'll be ok!
Lauren C.

by swifty#1 on 8/2/2012 6:43:51 PM

Mod mod mod.... Today I went to my bf's house and we were just hanging out like we usually do. Then he tried to kiss me and I didn't want to... So I turned away and pretended I had
to go home..... He looked disappointed. Next time I come to his house I'm going to let him kiss me but (this is weird) I don't know how to kiss (awkward) and plus when I went there today he started touching my hips and my thighs which made me uncomfortable. Here are my questions:
-how do you kiss? (awkward again)
-how do I tell him that I'm not comfortable with him touching me?
Thanks Smile

Hey girlie,

First off, here's my fave kissing guide on GL: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/01/11/kissing-guide.aspx

Next, don't ever let your BF push you into doing something that you don't feel comfy with! If you don't feel ready to kiss, you don't have to "let him" kiss you. Same with the hands on the hips/thighs - if you feel uncomfortable, pull away and make it stop. But don't just turn your back on him and run home - tell him straight about how you're feeling. He's your BF, so you should be honest with him! Say something like, "Listen, I really like you and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I just think we should move slower. This is all kinda new and I don't want to rush into it, so do you think we could stop for now?" (Other variations of the last part: "so do you think we could just stick to kissing, not all the touching?") I know it sounds bold, but you gotta stand up for how you feel and what you want. It's your relationship too, so don't ever feel like you're being pressured into it! <3
Lauren C.

by swifty#1 on 8/2/2012 5:31:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so i am dating this guy but he lives like an hour away from me and i realy like him but only get to see him this summer for camp should i still go out with him or not??
mod mod mod mod mod

Hey girlie,

It's up to you! You said you really like him, so are there other ways you can keep in touch when you don't get to see him? Text, phone calls, Skype, email, Facebook chat... do you feel like you're growing closer to him even though you don't get to see him a lot? If you feel like your relationship isn't what you wanted or you want to get to know him better, talk to him about it. If you're not into him enough for the "long distance" to be worth it, then you can break up too. It's your choice and neither option is "wrong" or "right" - ya gotta do what's right for you <3
Lauren C.

by marggieluv on 7/26/2012 8:40:13 PM

I have a question. I'm in love with my BGF. But he cant date until he's 16. ACK!!! now what?

by FtLouie on 7/21/2012 10:07:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
My BGF used to be dating this girl and whenever someone would tease them and be like "you two have to kiss!" he would be like "whatever no prob." But now me and him are dating and when anyone says "You guys should hold hands" or "you guys need to kiss" hes just like "no were not going to.". Why would he kiss her and hold her hand but not me?

Hey girl,

He might not be ready for PDA yet if it's a new relationship! Besides, don't you want him to kiss you when he wants to, and not when someone else tells him to? It will be so much more special and meaningful that way!

Meghan D.

by Artgirl008 on 7/20/2012 9:27:16 PM

i had my first kiss a yr ago when i was 12 :p yea it was more like a chicken peck. my bff happens to b a guy n he has makeout sessions with his gf everytime they see eachother n i never see my bf. my bff is tryin to get my bf ovr to his house so we can makeout there but i dont want to... 1) what should i say about the making out part n
2) how can i get my boyfriend to talk to me? he never does! should i call his number? o n by the way... his parents dont let him date so when they found out they were balistic n so he told them we broke up. any thoughts?

by kota on 7/16/2012 1:41:36 AM

MOD MOD
Sorry again, what would be a good way to ask a boy to homecoming this year? I'm going to be a junior and i really want a homecoming date this year.

Hey! just be straight with him and ask if he wants to go. you don't need to make a huge deal out of it or he might feel put on the spot. good luck!
Helen S.

by fastbutterflyer on 7/15/2012 7:06:31 PM

I have asked out three different boys, in different ways in the course of three years, why was i rejected by everyone of them?!

Hey! there's no one reason, but I bet those guys just weren't ready for a relationship with anyone. It isn't that there's anything wrong with you, don't worry!
Helen S.