4 HOURS AGO Sweater weather also happens to be smoothie weather. Snag our recipes for seasonal sips: http://t.co/s00kRlDnDq #pumpkinspiceeverything

4 HOURS AGO RT @PeytonList: Lots of great questions! Keep them coming on @girlslifemag Facebook! 😻�pic.twitter.com/iuIzoC1K4Q4Q

4 HOURS AGO The lovely @PeytonList is answering Qs on our FB wall *right now!* Head to http://t.co/7oz2xj5ydi to join in! #glpeyton #peytonlist

COMMENTS

First-Kiss Freak-Out: Is it normal to get nauseous?

A boy I've known for 12 years asked me out on my first date. We hung out a couple of nights ago and he was so...

Need advice like...now!? Come contact me "vikiwasawoo" in the advice queens, and ill get back to you ASAP.! Xoxo

by vikiwasawoo on 8/4/2013 10:05:44 PM

There's this guy I really like, and he says he likes me too. Sometimes he'll tell me he loves me and wants to kiss me and everything, but sometimes he won't text me for days, and when he does, it seems like he doesn't want to talk to me, and he says it's just because he's been busy. Plus, he lives in another town and whenever he visits my town, he never tells that he's here until right before he's supposed to leave. Should I just move on or should I talk to him or something? I don't know what to do! Thanks!

Hey girlie, I think you should move on. You deserve to be with someone who likes you and tells you that he does all the time, not just sometimes.

Lauren T.

by jgard224 on 4/28/2013 8:19:17 PM

mod mod mod so my ex bgf pretty much hates my guts i jokingly accidentally insulted him and we have been arguing since then we used to like like eachother but i told people i didnt like him so they would leave us alone i want to tell him i miss him and im sorry but im not the best at apologizing i was thinking about asking my other guy friend to help me but im scared becuz what if my ex bgf laughs in my face do you think i should try to get him back or let us drift apart i dont want him to hate me but thats what i deserve ps.he gets uncomfortable whenever i try to say something important to him

Hey girl, if you value his friendship, you should try to fix things between the two of you.  Instead of involving anyone else to help mend your friendship, try to speak with him directly.  If talking to him one-on-one doesn't work or isn't really an option, you can always write him a letter.  This will give you an opportunity to apologize and tell him you'd like to be friends again.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by rain278 on 4/22/2013 11:45:08 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! I just found out my friend's 14 year old sister has an eating disorder and her family is always arguing. I feel horrible because she's my crush's gf and she's also kind of popular and I used to think she was snobby! I feel awful since she's actually really sweet and she's going through a lot right now. Whenever I ask her how she's doing she says she's okay then just awkwardly changes the subject. How can I not resent her since she's really close to my crush and support especially since we're not that close?
Thank you so much! I'm really sad right now and not sure what to do Cry

Hey girlie, you can be supportive by just being nice to her and letting her know you care. It sounds like she's sick of talking about it from the way that she changes the subject. So you don't have to go out of your way to try to talk about it and make her feel better. Just be nice to let her know that you're there for her.

Lauren T.

by auslly123 on 4/21/2013 8:05:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
When I message my crush on FB, he always says,"haha" even if something isn't funny. And half of the time, he reads my messages but never responds. I don't know what these mean and I need help! Thanks!

Hey girlie, it sounds like it's time to move on. If he was really interested in you then he would respond to your messages with real sentences and want to get to know you better. You need to find a new crush who does want to talk to you and get to know you.

Lauren T.

by megagirrl on 4/21/2013 7:42:18 PM

its normal to get scared before. i was so scared i blanked out when my bf first kissed me and i dont remember my first kiss at all. but we've been together for over a year now and believe me it gets easier and less scary to kiss

by luv798 on 4/21/2013 6:30:04 PM

Hey, I have a boyfriend but I havent kisssed him. Im pretty sure he is going to french kiss. The real problem is I dont know how. Please help me .

Hey girl, don't be nervous check out this link

Jenn S.

by MYAH537 on 1/2/2013 12:53:27 PM

Mod Mod Mod
enstan
This guy really likes me i know that boy when i was 7 am 15 right now and i first say him last sunday we look at each other like we never saw each other beacuse i havent seen him for 4 years and when we were by are selfs he hug me and then he tryed to kiss me i just pushed him way i really like him and so does he but if he try to kiss me again what should i do?

Hey girlie,

If you don't want to kiss right now, don't be afraid to say so! Just be honest - tell him you really like him and you'd love to get to know him better, but you kinda want to take things a little slower right now. Ask him to hang out again and suggest doing "smaller" stuff, like holding hands. You should never let a boy pressure you into something (like kissing) if you don't feel comfortable with it! Go at your own pace. <3
Lauren C.

by enstana on 8/16/2012 9:31:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!Okay, so I've never had my first kiss. I really like this 1 guy, and would be okay with kissing him, and hes coming to my birthday party. But, Im not sure what to do if i get super nervous (Which happens alot to me around him) If we get close, and kiss, I would feel happy and nervous, together,... .Any tips??

Hey girl! Only kiss him if you're totally ready.  It's normal to feel nervous, though, I'm sure he will be too!  Pop in a breath mint a little bit before you plan on kissing him, take a deep breath, and think about whether you want to have your first kiss with HIM or you just want to have your first kiss.  Kissing someone just to do it isn't worth it, you don't need to get your first kiss out of the way.  xoxo

Kate G.

by teampeeta4ever on 8/15/2012 4:10:40 AM

Mod mod mod
Well I made out with this guy who is older than me he's 14 and I'm 12 he wanted to have sex but I said no I was to young and it was really awkward the rest of the night. I lied to him and said I was 13 and he lives like 7 hours away and I can't stop thinking about are steamy moment (it was my first real make out) and I can't talk to my friends about it because none of them have done anything like that. I'm really confused if what I did was wrong or not?

Hey girl,

You did NOT do anything wrong!!!! If you aren't 100% comfortable with something, you should never do it even if a guy wants you to!! If he is pressuring you to do what you're not ready for, he is not the right guy for you. Do what you are comfortable with and save the rest for when you are older!! There will be plenty of time for guys down the road!

Meghan D.

by lovechild33 on 8/10/2012 11:28:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
so I was in the car with my friend and her brother.I kind of like her brother. let's call him "joe." so Joe was just staring at us trying to be funny so we decided to do it to him too to get him to stop. so our faces were super close. about half an inch away from eachother. then I noticed Joe started shaking a bit and he finally pulled away. he just stared, and this might have just been me but it seemed like he kept looking at my lips. then he wraped his shirt over his lips (he was wearing two) and started doing it agian.then when I had to go he smiled and said bye to me for the first time ever. do you think he wanted to kiss me or is it the other way around? sorry this is so long.

Hey girl,

I really don't know what he wanted (it might have just been awkward, or he was just playing around!), but if you like your friend's brother, you should talk to your friend before you do anything! She might be upset and want to talk about it with you, and she will be hurt if you did anything before telling her!

Meghan D.

by super8-girl on 8/3/2012 11:37:04 PM

Mod mod mod
My BF and I wanna go out today.... But we don't know where to. He told me to pick but I have no idea where to go. What would be a good place (we've gone out for almost a year)

Hey girlie! There are a ton of good movies playing, so you could head to the theater.  If you want to go somewhere you can talk more, why not pack a picnic and hang in your backyard (if it's nice out).  You can pretend you're somewhere exotic and use it asa mini vacay.  xoxo

Kate G.

by swifty#1 on 8/3/2012 11:57:56 AM

Mod mod mod
(Lauren)
Thanks so much Smile and the kissing guide really helped me Smile I went back to my bf's house (he lives next to me) and I apologized for running away. I said almost exactly what you wrote in ur response and he forgave me then he leaned in and we kissed Smile. It was amazing Smile thanks so much Smile

Oh yay, that is sooo sweet Smile He sounds like a great guy! <3 Never forget - just be open with him about how you're feeling and you'll be ok!
Lauren C.

by swifty#1 on 8/2/2012 6:43:51 PM

Mod mod mod.... Today I went to my bf's house and we were just hanging out like we usually do. Then he tried to kiss me and I didn't want to... So I turned away and pretended I had
to go home..... He looked disappointed. Next time I come to his house I'm going to let him kiss me but (this is weird) I don't know how to kiss (awkward) and plus when I went there today he started touching my hips and my thighs which made me uncomfortable. Here are my questions:
-how do you kiss? (awkward again)
-how do I tell him that I'm not comfortable with him touching me?
Thanks Smile

Hey girlie,

First off, here's my fave kissing guide on GL: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/01/11/kissing-guide.aspx

Next, don't ever let your BF push you into doing something that you don't feel comfy with! If you don't feel ready to kiss, you don't have to "let him" kiss you. Same with the hands on the hips/thighs - if you feel uncomfortable, pull away and make it stop. But don't just turn your back on him and run home - tell him straight about how you're feeling. He's your BF, so you should be honest with him! Say something like, "Listen, I really like you and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I just think we should move slower. This is all kinda new and I don't want to rush into it, so do you think we could stop for now?" (Other variations of the last part: "so do you think we could just stick to kissing, not all the touching?") I know it sounds bold, but you gotta stand up for how you feel and what you want. It's your relationship too, so don't ever feel like you're being pressured into it! <3
Lauren C.

by swifty#1 on 8/2/2012 5:31:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so i am dating this guy but he lives like an hour away from me and i realy like him but only get to see him this summer for camp should i still go out with him or not??
mod mod mod mod mod

Hey girlie,

It's up to you! You said you really like him, so are there other ways you can keep in touch when you don't get to see him? Text, phone calls, Skype, email, Facebook chat... do you feel like you're growing closer to him even though you don't get to see him a lot? If you feel like your relationship isn't what you wanted or you want to get to know him better, talk to him about it. If you're not into him enough for the "long distance" to be worth it, then you can break up too. It's your choice and neither option is "wrong" or "right" - ya gotta do what's right for you <3
Lauren C.

by marggieluv on 7/26/2012 8:40:13 PM

I have a question. I'm in love with my BGF. But he cant date until he's 16. ACK!!! now what?

by FtLouie on 7/21/2012 10:07:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
My BGF used to be dating this girl and whenever someone would tease them and be like "you two have to kiss!" he would be like "whatever no prob." But now me and him are dating and when anyone says "You guys should hold hands" or "you guys need to kiss" hes just like "no were not going to.". Why would he kiss her and hold her hand but not me?

Hey girl,

He might not be ready for PDA yet if it's a new relationship! Besides, don't you want him to kiss you when he wants to, and not when someone else tells him to? It will be so much more special and meaningful that way!

Meghan D.

by Artgirl008 on 7/20/2012 9:27:16 PM

i had my first kiss a yr ago when i was 12 :p yea it was more like a chicken peck. my bff happens to b a guy n he has makeout sessions with his gf everytime they see eachother n i never see my bf. my bff is tryin to get my bf ovr to his house so we can makeout there but i dont want to... 1) what should i say about the making out part n
2) how can i get my boyfriend to talk to me? he never does! should i call his number? o n by the way... his parents dont let him date so when they found out they were balistic n so he told them we broke up. any thoughts?

by kota on 7/16/2012 1:41:36 AM

MOD MOD
Sorry again, what would be a good way to ask a boy to homecoming this year? I'm going to be a junior and i really want a homecoming date this year.

Hey! just be straight with him and ask if he wants to go. you don't need to make a huge deal out of it or he might feel put on the spot. good luck!
Helen S.

by fastbutterflyer on 7/15/2012 7:06:31 PM

I have asked out three different boys, in different ways in the course of three years, why was i rejected by everyone of them?!

Hey! there's no one reason, but I bet those guys just weren't ready for a relationship with anyone. It isn't that there's anything wrong with you, don't worry!
Helen S.

by fastbutterflyer on 7/15/2012 7:05:20 PM

mod mod mod mod mod
1) what are some good workouts for a flat stomach?
2) is there a way to make the pores on your face look smaller?

Hey girlie,

1) Check out these workouts if you want to target your belly area - there are tons right here to tone up those abs! http://www.girlslife.com/tag/favorite-ab-workouts.aspx

2) Yes and no. Everyone's face is different, so your pores are naturally certain shapes - you can't get them to go away completely, and some people have larger pores than others just because they were born with them! But try this trick - it helps prevent acne, which means your pores will feel cleaner and look less noticeable! Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/08/31/Fact-or-fiction-Cold-water-closes-pores.aspx
Lauren C.

by gleek97 on 7/13/2012 12:28:22 AM

That is so normal. First kisses are the best or the worst, I remember mine. Just try to relax, hold hands touch him and then let things happen. Hopefully it will be very romantic but sometimes they can be awkward, so just enjoy.

by luckykel on 7/9/2012 11:12:07 PM

lol i had my first kiss when i was 5 my bro dared me to we were playing spiderman and my bro's bff was spiderman #2 and i was the girl and my bro dared me to kiss him on the lips so i did! i didn't know you could say no to a dare :p
now i have a bf and he is a prude. he's only "guy hugged" me 4 times and we've been together for 9 months. (guy hug: side hug) when we saw the hunger games, i tried leaning over and holding his hand but nothing worked! he leaned AWAY from me, let alone care! he says he loves me, but i'm not so sure. mods, help!

by loppyears12 on 7/6/2012 1:58:05 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! Me and my bgf kissed last week and afterwards I felt really light headed and nauseous for awhile... is that okay?

hey! haha you just gotta break for breath more often but if you do that you'll be fine sweetie Smile

Helen S.

by Photochickie on 7/3/2012 5:22:06 PM

i have a BF and every time i kiss him i still get a little nauseous feeling. he get nervous before i see him and i feel like my stomach's doing flips when i talk to him.
but being nervous for your first kiss is so normal dont worry it takes practice and patience to have it become normal. and i still need that.

by sophie129 on 7/3/2012 12:01:35 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
I was chatting my bgf and crush on facebook and made a really embarrassing typo that totally made what i had to say inappropriate! I corrected it, and he responded to what I said, but im still so embarrassed.....should i mention it to him?

Hey girl!  If he doesn't bring it up, don't mention it.  He probably brushed it off as a typo, so don't worry about it.  xoxo

Kate G.

by futurewriter16 on 7/2/2012 11:13:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have to go to the doctor this week for a checkup and idk why, but I'm really nervous! I don't like finger pricks and having people looking at my down there area! Also, my mom always wants to go in the room with me! How can I tell her I want to go alone! (it would make the whole thing less awkward) thanks so much!

Hey girl! Doctors visits are all around awkward for everyone, so it's understandable that you're super nervous about it.  The night before the appointment, let your mom know (nicely, you don't want to hurt her feelings) that you get nervous with extra people in the room when you have to get examined.  She'll understand, she was your age once and probably felt the same way when her mom went in with her.  If she says she wants to be there, ask her to sit up by your head and bring a magazine or something to read so her attention isn't on you and your exam. Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by Paramoregurl on 7/2/2012 4:22:57 PM

I was grossed out with my first kiss =P I felt nauseous

by music191 on 7/2/2012 1:00:15 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
I had my first kiss when i wuz like 4 years old ( i guess it wasnt a real first kiss)with my bff/bgf/crush. now we r 13 and he moved to texas. i still liked him when he moved and i really wanted to hav my real first kiss with him.how do i move on and how do i get to know other guys? thank u

Hey girl!

That's a tough situation. You two have been close for a long time! My suggestion is to make some new guy friends. That'll help you get to know other guys and become more comfortable with it. Moving on is hard, but focus on the good things you have going on and things to look forward to. Maybe it would be smart to not talk to him too much for a while. You need some time to really separate yourself. It will be OK!
Rachael A.

by artistchic99 on 7/2/2012 12:48:31 PM

Love shopping? Need style advice? Live for fashion? If you answered yes to any of these questions then my club, Fashion Blogs is for you! We share fashion and beauty tips, sales at our fave stores, our outfits of the day, new trends, polls, and quizzes! We also talk about celeb fashion and even have monthly contests! Positions are open to apply for too!
Please join now!
♥dancer♥

by dancer2998 on 7/2/2012 12:23:41 PM

don't worry, i heard of a girl who actually threw up all over a guy and got "it" stuck up his ear.

by k8luvscake on 7/2/2012 11:35:26 AM

MOD MOD MOD! MOD!
I met this absolutely wonderful, down-to-earth, sweet guy named Tyler. He's very adventurous and athletic, and we met on a mission trip to Jamaica. By the end of the week we'd both fallen for each other and were kind of the 'adorable couple' that the whole group wanted to get together. We flew on the same flight and sat together, and we talked the entire two hours. We just get along so well! But I don't know that I'll ever see him again because he lives in Pennsylvania and I live in North Carolina. I really really like him. I cried a ton having to say good-bye. We exchanged numbers and have been texting all day. What do I do?

Hey girl!

This is a tough situation. You can't make your feelings for him go away in an instant. There's nothing wrong with keeping in contact with him. It might not be a good idea to text all day every day--you still need to be present in your life at home! You could also Skype too. Maybe you'll get to go on another trip together in the future! I think you have to just see what happens and where life takes you. I know it's hard missing the person that you really care about. But it should be comforting knowing that you've got someone who really cares about you too.
Rachael A.

by jesusfreakhrdcore on 7/2/2012 11:26:28 AM

I think it's normal! Just a sign that you're not ready. I'm pretty nervous for mine too!

Follow me on Instagram! @seekingneverland

Follow my blog: idreamofneverland.blogspot.com

Check out my YouTube coveres: YouTube.com/KatieTeas

by fireworks1071 on 7/2/2012 2:12:45 AM

MOD MOD MOD.
I really like this guy & I know he likes me too (because I asked him.)... The only problem is that he lives out of my state. Is it still worth it to go for him if I know I will never see him? I just don't know if im the type for the whole long-distance thing.
Thanks!

Hey girl!

Long-distance is hard--I know this first-hand. Will you ever be able to visit each other? If not, I think it would be hard to make it work. If you never have in-person interaction to look forward to, that would take a toll on the relationship. You can always Skype, but sometimes that's just not enough. If you want to give it a try, there's nothing wrong with that. Just be cautious. Good luck!
Rachael A.

by Renaenatina on 7/2/2012 2:07:32 AM

It's not really normal, but you probably just ate something weird lol.

by [reinventlove]♥ on 7/2/2012 12:22:32 AM

I hope I won't get sick when I get my first kiss Embarassed

by nerdygurl12 on 7/1/2012 8:32:34 PM

pinkguitar98, Just a tip, if you break up with someone, it's not a good idea to get back together because most likely, you'll break up again and get hurt again.

by scamp24 on 7/1/2012 6:53:08 PM

I've been dating this guy for 3 months now and he seems to really like me. Like today he texted me "Hello beautifulSmile" which was sweet and all but I didn't really feel anything.. Last year I dated him and once we got around 3 months together I got bored and broke up with him. I don't want to sound like a horrible person saying that I just feel like I'm bored again. The problem is I wouldn't want to break up with him AGAIN. And I just keep wishing he would break up with me but it doesn't seem like that'll happen anytime soon. I mean, he can be sweet but I don't know how I feel about him anymore. Maybe it's just summer and I want to be able to flirt.. and I'm texting this one guy from my bro's scout troop but I think he might have a gf right now. But I feel like I kinda like him.. I liked him last year too a couple monts after I broke up with my bf. What should I do? Thank you!

Hey girlie,

The thing is, if he really likes you and you're not feeling the sparks, you don't want to lead him on. It's not better to stay in the relationship even though you're miserable - you'll be making him think he has a shot, when really you're about to bolt at any second. If you're unhappy or you don't like him "like that" anymore, you have to be honest with him and be single again. That way, he will be able to find someone who likes him as much as he likes them - he deserves that! And so do you. If you constantly find yourself bored in relationships after a short time though, that's another issue ya gotta address. You might wanna think about staying single for a while until you figure out what you want - so that way, you don't rush into any other relationships where you feel "trapped" or awkward <3
Lauren C.