1 HOURS AGO We dare ya to try these crazy-cute kimono styles: http://t.co/oNy8Venaav

3 HOURS AGO #BeautySpy! Snag Eve's effortless beauty look: http://t.co/imZqrP4myV

3 HOURS AGO Kill your period cravings with these healthy picks: http://t.co/AIbgSRKDNa

COMMENTS

Big day body emergencies--and how to deal

Today’s the day, the big one—the Fourth of July cookout, your BFF’s pool party, your first date with the hot guy at the beach. You are all...

Please help me I really need to shave my legs everyone thinks its gross and weird that I don't shave and I don't know how to ask my mom I really need your help on this because I really don't want it to be awkward please help I'm really self consience about it to so whaen people point it out it makes me feel horrible please help

Hey girl,

It might be awkward at first, but every girl's been there! Ask your mom about it and show her that you're responsible. If she's not comfortable with letting you use a razor, then you could always suggest hair-removal lotion. Check out this GL article to learn more:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/11/17/How-to-hair-removal-lotion.aspx

xo

Caroline C.

by lolowahine on 7/23/2013 11:15:23 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
HELP!!!!!!
christmas is in 3 days and i just got my period!! which means ill have it on christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT DO I DO????????????!!!!!!!!!?????????????

Hey! Keep an extra pad with you, and relax, because I promise it won't be as bad as you think it will. Good luck!

Helen S.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 12/22/2012 3:53:23 PM

This is gonna sound kinda weird but I need help! I painted my nails a few weeks ago with clear polish. It was starting to peel, so, by habit, I started peeling it off. All of the sudden i realized I was peeling my own nail... It came up and I peeled a lot of the layer off but it really hurts all of the sudden! I have like a tiny hangnail from peeling it and it hurts SO BAD!

by WashingtonGirlie13 on 11/5/2012 7:46:50 PM

MODMODMOD
After I shave my legs get all itchy. I've tried a whole bunch of razors. Is there anything I can do to stop getting itchy bumps after I shave my legs? They go away after 20 minutes but it is annoying!

Hey girl, have you tried using shaving cream? That might help your sitch. Also, try putting on a non-scented lotion after you shave. Good luck!

Lauren I.

by monopolyandpenny2000 on 11/2/2012 8:51:49 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE ANSWER THIS
like I said in my last comment I have a dance performance today and I also have my period. I'm too scared to try tampons but I don't want to use a pad because 1.we do lifts and the guys that lift you kinda have to touch your butt to lift you so won't they be able to tell I'm wearing a pad? And 2. It's uncomfortable. My mom bought me some tampons but I'm scared to use them. Can they get stuck inside of you?

Hey Chica! Yes, a tampon is the best way to deal with aunt flo for your dance recital. It allows you to move the way a pad wont let you, and will be less noticeable. Occasionally, the string of a tampon will get "stuck up there," but it still isn't too difficult to get out, you just have to use your fingers. I hope this helps, and good luck on your performance!!!

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Swift_lover123 on 10/23/2012 2:32:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE ANSWER THIS ASAP.
I have dance tomorrow (tap) and the only thing you wear is a tank top and spandex. I'm scared because you can totally see my pad (I have my period) through it. I'm super scared to use tampons though. What do I do?

Hey girl-

You could try using a lighter bad just for the duration of the performance to try and minimize the chance of seeing the outline of it under your leo. xoxo

Alexis G.

by Swift_lover123 on 10/23/2012 2:12:11 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
Im sorry if I have a lot of questions i was just wondering what the um kinda slimy clump things were in my period (sorry if that sounded gross)

Hey girly, no prob, we love answering your questions! Depending on what those clumpy things look like, they could be a regular part of discharge mixed in with your period, or they could be the eggs your bod is getting rid of.

Lauren I.

by Swift_lover123 on 10/19/2012 10:46:36 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
nevermind about my other question, I figured out what it was, I asked my mum and she said it was my period. I was expecting it I was just kinda shocked and surprised cause I thought the blood would be more red than the brown it was. Is it supposed to be brown? And how often should I change my pad? Won't people know that I have my period if I bring a bag to the bathroom?
-jenna

Hey girly, you've got the right idea to talk to your mom. Good for you! And congrats on getting your first period! Your period can be brownish the first couple of times that you get it, or it might be brownish at first and then get redder later today or in the next couple of days as your period goes on. So brown is A Okay. Change your pad every couple of hours just to keep feeling clean and fresh down there. It depends on how heavy your flow is too, If there's a lot of blood on your pad, you'll want to put on a new one. As for sneaking pads into the bathroom, you could bring a purse, put your pads in your backpack, or even sneak one into your pocket or slip one in your sock to take with you to the bathroom. But everyone gets thier period so even if one or two people notice your sly moves, it's no big deal. Keep two or three in your locker and two or three in your purse. Good luck, babe. And congrats again.

Lauren I.

by Swift_lover123 on 10/19/2012 10:24:09 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
I'm really scared to get my first period. But I think I may be getting it soon cause I have all the signs and the doctor said I would probably get it within the next month or two. I'm scared cause my older sister and my mom complain how painful it is sometimes. I'm scared that if they have cramps this bad I will too cause in health Ed at school they told us that most of these problems at genetic. What does getting your period feel like? And what should I do to be prepared in case I get it at school?
thank-you
-Jenna

Hey girly, I understand how you feel, but once you get your period I think you'll see that its nothing to be scared of. Yes cramps are a pain but with some Aleve and a heating pad, even the worst of cramps are manageable. So to prepare, pack a couple of pads to leave in your purse, backpack and/or locker at school. If your caught without one, your nurse will have some to give you. Depending on your schools rules, you may be able to get meds from your nurse. You can talk to her about whether or not she needs a parent signature first. You also might want to bring one of those heating pads that stick to your skin that you can wear under your clothes. The heat will help with cramps and will feel great. Other than that, theres not much to do other than wait. And if you need to see the nurse, don't be afraid to ask. Your teachers will understand and the female ones have all gone through it already!

Lauren I.

by swift_lover123 on 10/19/2012 1:19:14 AM

ok im only 10 and one day i went to the bathroom and i saw a reddish brown spot in my undies i didnt know if it was my period but now in the same undies theres a stain my mom doesnt know but i am way to imbarrist to tell her Frown does that sound like my period?

by ShaylaRose11 on 8/21/2012 10:15:28 PM