11 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

14 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

15 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

Big day body emergencies--and how to deal

Today’s the day, the big one—the Fourth of July cookout, your BFF’s pool party, your first date with the hot guy at the beach. You are all...

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Whenever I eat anything whether big portion or small portion, my stomach always bloats. I have a pretty flat stomach I guess but its not usually like that cuz it bloats whenever I eat pretty much. What should I do???

Hey girl,

That sounds pretty normal since you have to digest your food, but if you notice it more after overeating, try portioning yourself and eating smaller portions more often!

Meghan D.

by hermionelover on 8/17/2012 10:02:26 PM

I think i just had my first period but im not sure because i havent talked with my mom yet ( shes on a work trip for the day) i woke up this morning and i went to the bathroom to pee and brush my theeth. When i took of my pants i saw this reddish-brownish stain in my underwear. Does that sound like my period? Thanks so much 😃

Hey girl, that sounds like a period to me. Stock up on pads and tampons, and you'll be fine. Smile
Carrie R.

by Justine.Ross16 on 8/8/2012 1:17:25 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Please, I really need advice right now. I went to the doc because I was having stomach problems and they did some tests and found out that I have the beginning of an ulcer and a really bad bacteria in my stomach. So I started taking the anti-biotics for that yesterday and they make you sooooo sick it's crazy. It's basically 10 whole days of being sick to your stomach and having a crazy bad metallic taste in your mouth and back of your throat that is impossible to get rid of. Plus it's 8 pills a day.
I am the type of person that HATES getting sick, especially regarding my stomach and I don't know how to survive 10 days of this. I had to cancel all my plans and summers almost over. I'm soo depressed, miserable and sick right now..and it's only day 2. Please, how can I get through this?

Hey girl! I'm really sorry to hear you're so sick, but it's good you're taking the steps you need to take to get better Smile I would suggest distracting yourself by reading, watching tv (Olympics!) or maybe making a cool craft project.  Make the most of your time and it will go by quickly! Feel better Smile xxoo
Maggie P.

by maggie183 on 7/31/2012 10:22:34 AM

Mod!
So I am going on a camping trip with some of my running friends. There are only 3 girls going and the rest are guys and coaches. I had no problem with this because we are all so close and comfortable with eachother I just didn't mind at all there only being 3 girls. But when we got the information about the trip my coaches said we were roughing it big time. Meaning no bathrooms. At first this didn't really bother my either since I'm very outdoorsy but then I realized I'm supposed to be on my period while I'm at camp. I have no clue what I am going to do with no bathrooms or anything like that. And it's not really a topic I want to bring up with all the guys either. Please help!!

Hey girlie! Try bringing a ziploc bag with you to keep your old, used tampons and pads in.  It might seem gross, but you don't want to bury your used stuff since some of it contains plastic and that's a big nono for the environment.  Do you have a female coach? If so, ask her if she's ever experienced a similar thing, she might have some tips for you.  Also, try using more tampons than pads if you are comfortable with it- they'll be less of a hassle to move around in and less messy. Good luck and have fun! xoxo

Kate G.

by immarunner1881 on 7/26/2012 2:45:02 AM

MOD MOD MOD! Thanks! And by the way, I LOVE the name, Jordan!

Thank you, chica! Smile Jordan S.

by greenbeans141 on 7/23/2012 11:32:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Hey so you know how people always say during puberty that you'll see guys differently? Well, I certainly have! Sometimes I feel like I could have s*e*x right then and there. THen 2 days later, I feel repulsed by it. Luckily I have no boyfriends and don't plan on doing any of that for a LONG, LONG time. But, I still feel really heavy w/ the hormones and even dream about---IT! I also watch Friends a lot and I have an absolute crush on Joey (AKA Matt Leblanc)! Is this normal. By the way I'm almost 13. Sorry if this is inappropriate! Thanks!

Hey girlie,

This is completely normal and nothing to feel ashamed about!  You're at the age when this is bound to happen and it will even back out as time goes on.  It happens to all of is in one way or another!
Jordan S.

by greenbeans141 on 7/23/2012 9:26:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I really need your help! MY friend recently got nad foot and mouth disease, she didnt know that thats what it was, she thought it was just an allergy. And I have been hanging out with her lots and we have been sharing water and everything!!! I really dont want to get it, what do I do!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hey chica! First of all, don't panic.  Stop sharing cups with your friend right away, since she still might be infectious.  There's no way to prevent yourself from getting it if you already have it, but don't worry!  Aside from a sore mouth, you'll be fine.  xoxo

Kate G.

by hermionelover on 7/23/2012 4:40:24 PM

Hey girls!
You've got a guy problem? Bad hair cut issues? Got in a fight with your buds? Family annoying you? Need a place to vent? Well you're in luck then. I'll be sure to be here for you through it all! Just go on over to my advice queen page and leave a comment! I answer every question fully and honestly! If my answer leaves you with even more questions, ask away!

xx
Nightless

by Nightless on 7/21/2012 3:37:04 AM

mod mod
I was just wondering...is it normal to not have any cramps or signs like that on the first period? Thanks!

Hey girl! It's totes normal to not have cramps or other signs before your period.  Lucky you if you didn't!  xoxo

Kate G.

by americanpiekitty on 7/18/2012 11:19:45 AM

Mod mod! So I got my pierod for a few times and it was the normal 28 days and then the last 3 times I have gotten it every 20 days and it is heavier should I be worried?

Hey girl, don't sweat it. Periods can be a li'l funky for the first 2 years after you get your first one, so it's totally normal for yours to be irregular.
Carrie R.