Bridget M.

is modding

12 MINUTES AGO Gorgeous winter skin in just 4 easy steps: http://t.co/ZkWi31pHvW

2 HOURS AGO GUYS take notes! This is how ya get a girl to kiss you under the mistletoe: http://t.co/clBpvS11XK

3 HOURS AGO 5 super cute Christmas manis to rock right now: http://t.co/PdcCen0EDE

COMMENTS

Big day body emergencies--and how to deal

Today’s the day, the big one—the Fourth of July cookout, your BFF’s pool party, your first date with the hot guy at the beach. You are all...

@PaintedDestiny, no worries girl I hate shots too. What helps me is to look the other way and close my eyes, and once I open them there's no pain and it's over. Some doctors will talk to you to distract your mind from getting a shot. Drinking a glass of water while getting it done may help you too. Decided which methods works for you and stick to that. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by Lynae P. on 7/14/2012 3:32:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have to go to the doctor in a few weeks for my yearly checkup (to make sure I'm healthy and stuff). I'm terrified of going to the doctor, and scared of getting shots. Every year after I get one, I always say it isn't so bad, it's just the thought of getting one. I'm afraid something bad will happen like the needle getting stuck (if that's even possible). I don't know if I'll have to get any shots, but I need tips on how to get through without being really terrified. Thanks. Smile

by PaintedDestiny on 7/14/2012 1:55:03 PM

modmodmodmodmod!!!!!
so im going to target tomorrow to get some new bras with my Mum, the only problem is i usually shopped in the girls uderwear section, and i think i might be a 34 B! and i just would like to try one of that size on, BUT i dont even know if the girls section has b cups sizes! What should i do?!?!

Hey girl,

Since I'm not exactly familiar with the layout of your particular Target store, I can't say where to go. If you're not sure if the girls section has B cup sizes, head over to the women's (or juniors, if they have them) section - they most definitely will have them.
Kelly G.

by WhiteStripe3 on 7/13/2012 1:13:07 PM

I just started my period on wednesday and I am using pads but I don't like the way they feel. Do you think I could ask my mom to use tampons even though i just started my period? Also I am going to the mountains this weekend and we are going to be swimming and stuff. do you think my period will be gone by then?

Hey girl!

If you want to use tampons, definitely ask your mom. Tampons are great once you get the hang of them. No need to be worried that you just started your period--explain that you think it'd just be easier and way more comfortable for you...she'll understand. Your period probably won't be finished by this weekend. In this case you definitely want to try out some tampons so that you can go swimming and be totally comfortable. Your period should be pretty light by this weekend though, so you won't have to continually worry about changing your tampon/bleeding through.

Catherine C.

by rbkitcat97 on 7/13/2012 9:59:50 AM

I think i might have my period cause I'm having signs and my doc said i would really soon but i'm only 88 pounds. I'm i having it or not?

by Megan328 on 7/11/2012 1:07:02 PM

About a month ago my family went on vacation, and where we went the streets were uneven and rocky, and I stepped wrong a large number of times. After awhile, my knee started to hurt and it's been hurting ever since. It mostly hurts when I walk, and I've been running in the mornings and that kills it. It's my left knee, on the right side above my knee cap. What could be wrong with it?

Hey girl,

I'm not a doctor, so I'm not qualified to tell you what is wrong with it. Have you tried icing it off-and-on to cut down on swelling and ease the pain? Try to elevate your leg after you walk and ice it to see if that helps. Try to cut down on running so you don't agitate the pain and give it time to heal. If it's still bothering you or you feel like something isn't right, you need to speak up - tell mom or dad and schedule an appointment with the doctor asap so it doesn't get worse!
Lauren C.

by jayhawk94 on 7/10/2012 10:44:45 PM

im really scared
i just got my period and it was brown, then red, and there is sooooooo much blood!!! is there something wrong with me?

Hey chica!  There are lots of different flows, sometimes your period is heavier than other times.  Also, it may seem like you are bleeding a lot, but most girls only lose 6 to 9 tablespoons of blood.  Relax, take a deep breath, and go use this excuse to eat some chocolate!  xoxo

Kate G.

by abcgirl790 on 7/10/2012 11:07:50 AM

Mod mod mod!!
I think I fracturef my leg while I am waiting on a doc appt what should I do to prevent farther injury.

Hey! just get a ton of rest and don't move around. i'm so sorry, girl, good luck!

Helen S.

by Angel07 on 7/9/2012 7:19:41 PM

my mom says dont use tampons they give you invections is that true

by income7thgrader on 7/9/2012 6:58:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Is it ok for me to shave my arms? My friend does it and it seems kinda weird. Also I sort of have a girl stash and I don't know if I should shave it or what. Instead of waxing could I use duct tape? I'm scared what my mom will think of the idea of waxing. Thanks in advance!

Hey girl!

Shaving your arms is a little strange. Nothing's wrong with it, but just remember: once you shave, your hair will  grow back thicker and darker the next time. Our advice: don't shave your arms. Armpits are a total go, but arms are another story. Save arm shaving for swimmers. Don't use duct tape on your upper lip because it could definitely irritate it and cause pimples, etc. Instead, talk to your mom about what you should do about it. Suggest going to a drug store and buying some waxing strips which are super easy and not too painful (though it is still waxing).

Catherine C.