6 HOURS AGO Do you think smoking is a big deal? http://t.co/wRmpH82b03

9 HOURS AGO 5 ways to remix your salad routine: http://t.co/ritxTtorOn

10 HOURS AGO 5 furry friends you need to follow on Instagram ASAP: http://t.co/PVxAb5RkaE

COMMENTS

Risky Business: Would you take a pill to lose weight?

It’s been more than a dozen years since the FDA approved a weight-loss drug, but the day has come and the new pill, Belviq, will be hitting...

I wouldn't take a pill for weight loss. I'd just use good ole exercise, eating fruits and veggies, moderatly eating sweets (because sugar is a part of the food pyramid but in moderation), and calorie control. Everyone's body type is different; you don't have to look like your best friend. c:

by claya13 on 7/2/2012 10:02:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! I have a problem. I want to exercise but I find running on the treadmill so boring even when i'm listening to music. I can't run outside because I live in a bad neighborhood. My parents have no time in the day to exercise with me. I can't exercise with my friends because they live in the other side of the town. I don't like swimming. I can't join classes because of my parents. What can I do?

Hey girlie!  There are lots of options left, even if you don't like running on a treadmill.  If you have stairs in your house, you can run up and down them to get your heart pumping.  Lots of muscle exercises on our site don't require anything more than enough space to lie down and move around a little, and you can always kill the workout bordem by watching TV or a movie while you work out.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by torrie55 on 7/2/2012 9:53:49 PM

N 2 the O!!!!! NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by cutiepie14231 on 7/2/2012 9:51:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I know this is the third time I have asked, but could you PLEASE approve my profile? I have been waiting 'till 9:30 this morning!!!!! Frown

Hey girlie!  It should be up soon, I've talked to someone and they are workin' on it!  xoxo

Kate G.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/2/2012 9:49:35 PM

neverrrrrr eveerrrrrr i mean why not lose weight the right way excrise?? i mean if i ever see a person taking pills to lose weight im going to try and talk them out of it its a baddddd idea

by lilliebeans on 7/2/2012 9:21:05 PM

losing weight does NOT mean that you gain health!!! these obese and overweight people need to be put on a vegetarian/vegan diet and a steady exercise regimen. THAT is what will make people healthy!!!!! not some pill that will make you drop weight

by guitargirl7321 on 7/2/2012 9:17:01 PM

@NeverSayNeverGirl
I know this isn't a funny subject, but your comment made me laugh considering your username!!! Smile I agree with you %101 tho.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/2/2012 8:41:52 PM

I would'nt take a pill to lose weight. Ever.

by tifftiff62 on 7/2/2012 8:35:45 PM

I would never take a pill to lose weight. NEVER.

by NeverSayNeverGirl on 7/2/2012 7:56:19 PM

No. I would not. I read an article about this in the June/July issue of GL Mag I believe. I don't know why someone would take a pill that could be dangerous and cause stroke and cancer! Seeing how many of America's people are obese is just sickening. I also feel bad for those people. I think it is easier to prevent obesity (by drinking water, eating healthy, etc.) then to work your way out of obesity (it takes a while). Frown

by WinnieGirlie on 7/2/2012 7:53:55 PM