13 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

16 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

17 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

Risky Business: Would you take a pill to lose weight?

It’s been more than a dozen years since the FDA approved a weight-loss drug, but the day has come and the new pill, Belviq, will be hitting...

i never would. that was on My Strange Addiction once. the girl practically became anorexic

by myfatsquirrel on 7/27/2012 3:04:29 PM

I would never take a pill to loose weight. That can be dangerous and have long term health defects. Loosing weight can be fun and easy, a healthy for shore. i have a new club for weight loss and healthy living. check it out and let me know what you think. Smilethe club is called Weight loss club. i would love to see new members join and help all of you, as you help me Lets be healthy, and happy Smile

by 35sh7 on 7/24/2012 5:13:28 PM

No No No No No No NO!!!!! Did I mention NO?!

After that "Bitter Pills" special report last issue of GL Magazine, I will warn everyone I know who is taking weight loss pills!
JUST NO! Common Sense just says "This Isn't Right, This Isn't Right!" How much more do you NEED?!

A flashing sign?

Drop the Pill DROP THE PILL!

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 7/22/2012 10:41:10 AM

I AM ABOUT 20 POUNDS OVERWEIGHT BUT INSTEAD OF TAKING A PILL I AM EATING RIGHT AND EXERCISING. I BELIEVE THAT IF EVERY OVEERWEIGHT PERSON EXERCISED AND ATE RIGHT THERE WOULD BE NO REASON FOR WEIGHT LOSS PILLS. THATS MY OPINION!

by ccmarie123 on 7/18/2012 8:40:22 PM

No way! Anyways why would anyone take the pill knowing that it causes cancer? I dont understand why so many medications help you, but have horrible side affects at the same time.

by kelly268 on 7/10/2012 1:32:57 PM

now some girls get teased about their thin little bodies and get teased for their bigger bodies (as for myself).they always find a way to get us to take that drug because we want to that certain weight and that is death comes upon girls and women because we want to be at peace.and no i would never take that pill even if my doctor told me too.

by liagem11 on 7/10/2012 1:11:44 AM

Taking pills can be dangerous without proper supervision. If people are going to take them they should see a doctor and get regular check ups. A lot of people abuse pills, even teens do it.

by luckykel on 7/9/2012 10:45:10 PM

NO! I'm overwieght,but I am never going to take one,unless it's one my docter reomends or gives me a prescripsion for or something.not with all the risks.

by catgirl12 on 7/9/2012 2:32:11 PM

As a last resort, this might be an option to help those with serious health problems concerning their weight. However, there are better solutions out there that don't have as great of a risk. I wouldn't even think about taking it unless it was absolutely necessary.

by silverlining<3 on 7/9/2012 10:21:20 AM

I might take a pill, but only if that was my last choice

by fearless4ever on 7/8/2012 12:29:06 AM

somw people are dangerously obese though... to the point where it is hard for them too lose weight and it can be very serious. i think if i was obese enough where it was dangerous i would take one but only then

by ♡Best_Name_Ever♡ on 7/3/2012 11:28:27 PM

This is an insult too obese people. They deserve to feel good about them selves! Frown

by Luv2dancethenightaway on 7/3/2012 8:42:52 PM

I don't think that these pills should even be on the market. I would never take them, even if I was really overweight. You can always eat right and exercise. And if that doesn't work, there are other things doctors can do to help that don't involve such huge risks.

by supersingershannon on 7/3/2012 8:03:26 PM

I completely agree with u bubbles68

by K8luvscake on 7/3/2012 1:20:10 PM

I know where your coming from @nikki3445 but it's not an issue of looking beautiful for people who are overweight. They might take the pills to look beautiful, but America's main problem is health. They shouldn't stay overweight just because they think it won't matter.

by K8luvscake on 7/3/2012 1:17:07 PM

No way!

Love shopping? Need style advice? Live for fashion? If you answered yes to any of these questions then my club, Fashion Blogs is for you! We share fashion and beauty tips, sales at our fave stores, our outfits of the day, new trends, polls, and quizzes! We also talk about celeb fashion and even have monthly contests! Positions are open to apply for too!
Please join now!
♥dancer♥

by dancer2998 on 7/3/2012 11:53:29 AM

all the comments about not taking pills should be heard by all the obese people. they should look at there selves and say "i am perfect the way i am and nobody can change me or tell me any different!!!" wo ever reads this and agrees please comment right back at me by:

@nikki3445, and say i agree

by nikki3445 on 7/3/2012 9:10:04 AM

I wouldn't take a pill because there are too many risks, I would instead try to eat healthy and excersise

by sofiespi on 7/3/2012 4:55:55 AM

I know you all SAY You never would in a million years or whatever, but honestly, I think most of us girls would if someone made us feel insecure enough. I know I would, and that's not something I can easily admit. Sometimes I feel so fat, I'm afraid to sit in my friends' laps because I feel like I'm gonna squish them. Would I take a pill to fix that? Maybe. But let's be honest here, girls. You'd consider it. We all are insecure from time to time. It's not our fault. It's just in our nature, especially since our culture is so focused on perfectionism. I'm just glad that GL is a magazine that isn't focused on "What's Hot and Who's Not" stuff. Thanks GL!

by whycantibeaninjaturtletoo on 7/3/2012 4:36:25 AM

Our country's rate of overweight people is ridiculous. It needs to get under control. I bet a lot more people will have died of obesity than of these pills . They still should keep trying to eliminate the health risks on the drugs though.

by Augie on 7/3/2012 12:16:06 AM

taking a pill to lose weight wont get you anywhere. u dont learn anything. only people who arent up for the challenge to work out and eat heathy would take a pill like this. get smart people! stop trying to take the easy route that leads to cancer etc!

by fearless;) on 7/2/2012 11:50:17 PM

My best friend has gained a lot of weight lately. She asked me if I thought that she had and I lied and said no. Did I do the right thing? I feel guilty about not telling the truth but I didn't want to hurt her.

Hey chica!  You did the right thing.  Chances are, the girl knows she's gained weight and she wanted to know if people noticed.  You were a good friend and probably boosted her confidence by telling her your didn't think she's gained weight.

Kate G.

by prettyingreen on 7/2/2012 11:36:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
I want to change my deep side part to the other side of my head,but last time I tried,it was kinda annoying and hard to pin back. Of course,I only tried it for one day,so maybe I just didn't give my hair time to adjust. Can you give my some tips for changing my part? Should I start with a regular side part and then move on to a deep side part? PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie! Try parting your hair like that right when you get out of the shower with wet hair, it will help it dry like that and it will not be as difficult to pin back!

Kate G.

by MadMaddie911 on 7/2/2012 11:32:54 PM

Nope. ._.

by potterandthedoctor on 7/2/2012 11:24:17 PM

Never, my mom took phen phen when she was pregnant with me, till studies came out linking it to heart failure in death. She made me promise not to take one when I'm older, to lose weight the old fashioned way diet + excersise

by arg5890 on 7/2/2012 10:56:28 PM

The reason I don't like Kim kardashion is because so promotes pills like these. These are horrible for you and can kill you....yet she still promotes them.

by abbyglow500 on 7/2/2012 10:46:59 PM

I will never take a weightloss pill. They seem to do more harm then good. I learned from watching members of my family that if u eat in moderations and work out for 1-2 hours a day it is easy to stay healthy. I myself have activities planned all summer to keep myself off the couch and outside where i can stay healthy!!

by bellygirl1997 on 7/2/2012 10:43:33 PM

I would never do that!

by Fierymindedgal<3 on 7/2/2012 10:43:03 PM

I would NEVER take the pills!!!!!
PS I agree with u, WinnieGirlie ;)

by Chocolate kiss on 7/2/2012 10:21:34 PM

I can understand why the FDA might think this is appropriate, but it's NOT a good idea! People should lose weight through hard work - exercise, eating right, and taking care of yourself, not popping in a pill every so often. I don't like where America is going with this...there are plenty of ways to decrease obesity rates WITHOUT the side effects.

by bubbles68 on 7/2/2012 10:08:18 PM

I wouldn't take a pill for weight loss. I'd just use good ole exercise, eating fruits and veggies, moderatly eating sweets (because sugar is a part of the food pyramid but in moderation), and calorie control. Everyone's body type is different; you don't have to look like your best friend. c:

by claya13 on 7/2/2012 10:02:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! I have a problem. I want to exercise but I find running on the treadmill so boring even when i'm listening to music. I can't run outside because I live in a bad neighborhood. My parents have no time in the day to exercise with me. I can't exercise with my friends because they live in the other side of the town. I don't like swimming. I can't join classes because of my parents. What can I do?

Hey girlie!  There are lots of options left, even if you don't like running on a treadmill.  If you have stairs in your house, you can run up and down them to get your heart pumping.  Lots of muscle exercises on our site don't require anything more than enough space to lie down and move around a little, and you can always kill the workout bordem by watching TV or a movie while you work out.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by torrie55 on 7/2/2012 9:53:49 PM

N 2 the O!!!!! NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by cutiepie14231 on 7/2/2012 9:51:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I know this is the third time I have asked, but could you PLEASE approve my profile? I have been waiting 'till 9:30 this morning!!!!! Frown

Hey girlie!  It should be up soon, I've talked to someone and they are workin' on it!  xoxo

Kate G.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/2/2012 9:49:35 PM

neverrrrrr eveerrrrrr i mean why not lose weight the right way excrise?? i mean if i ever see a person taking pills to lose weight im going to try and talk them out of it its a baddddd idea

by lilliebeans on 7/2/2012 9:21:05 PM

losing weight does NOT mean that you gain health!!! these obese and overweight people need to be put on a vegetarian/vegan diet and a steady exercise regimen. THAT is what will make people healthy!!!!! not some pill that will make you drop weight

by guitargirl7321 on 7/2/2012 9:17:01 PM

@NeverSayNeverGirl
I know this isn't a funny subject, but your comment made me laugh considering your username!!! Smile I agree with you %101 tho.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/2/2012 8:41:52 PM

I would'nt take a pill to lose weight. Ever.

by tifftiff62 on 7/2/2012 8:35:45 PM

I would never take a pill to lose weight. NEVER.

by NeverSayNeverGirl on 7/2/2012 7:56:19 PM

No. I would not. I read an article about this in the June/July issue of GL Mag I believe. I don't know why someone would take a pill that could be dangerous and cause stroke and cancer! Seeing how many of America's people are obese is just sickening. I also feel bad for those people. I think it is easier to prevent obesity (by drinking water, eating healthy, etc.) then to work your way out of obesity (it takes a while). Frown

by WinnieGirlie on 7/2/2012 7:53:55 PM

I think this is a really bad idea; it's encouraging people to take pills that are really bad for you (not to mention they could lead to addiction and overdose) and it will just increase the mortality rate in america rather than decrease the amount of obesity. I would not take a pill to help me lose weight, knowing the potential risks and side effects.

by otter77 on 7/2/2012 7:45:47 PM

NO, I WOULD NOT TAKE A PILL TO LOSE WEIGHT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by musicismylife198 on 7/2/2012 7:03:44 PM