11 HOURS AGO Get the scoop on braces: http://t.co/ImZA1x2LpQ

14 HOURS AGO The best eyeshadow for your skin tone: http://t.co/OCA5fYGw39

15 HOURS AGO Happy #bookbirthday to @Scholastic's #SISTERS x @goraina! To celebrate, take our "What kind of sister are you?" quiz: http://t.co/CScBixOtx6

COMMENTS

GL's favorite patriotic reads

Happy 4th of July, babes! But after the celebrations end, how do you spend your post-Independence Day boredom? Keep that patriotism going and curl up with one of...

My favorite patriotic read are the Dear America books. If you love books, are looking for a new book to read, or have a book to recommend, join my Book Recommendation Club! Thanks!Laughing

by olivia192000 on 7/6/2012 7:35:55 AM

I love the Dear America books! I love how they all have different personalities, lives, etc.

by gobigorange on 7/5/2012 1:49:26 AM

Mod mod mod
So my school has summer reading assigned with projects. 2 books and 4 projects. I could probobly finish that within three weeks maybe less, but once you go back to school you have to take a test on each book. I dont want to forget the info in the books so what should I do? Take notes? And if I go back on August 15 when do you think I should start? Sorry this is so long. Thanks xoxo

Hey girlie!

Taking notes is a great idea! I suggest taking some in the margins of the book itself, or you can write in a notebook, but make sure to record what page or chapter you are talking about. Doing the projects will help keep that info in your mind as well! When you're done everything, go back and skim the book and study your notes, and you should be just fine. I would start the books and projects whenever you can, because you never know what could happen (something could come up that makes the projects take longer). Good luck!!
Kelly G.

by Fierymindedgal<3 on 7/4/2012 1:18:31 PM

The first 3 sound really good Smile

by fallsb-ball on 7/4/2012 11:50:14 AM

I love the book "How I Found the Strong". It isn't exactly patriotic, but it does have to do with the Civil War, so close enough haha.

by gigglez77 on 7/4/2012 10:00:27 AM

O - M - I - G - O - S - H !!!
I LOVE the book '' The Secret War'' it is SO good - kind of sad, but really good!!! You NEED to read The Secret War.

by Sarah510 on 7/4/2012 8:19:36 AM