15 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

16 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

17 HOURS AGO Exactly what to put in your BTS makeup bag! http://t.co/N6wTjqrhwe

COMMENTS

'Fess Up: Are you too picky when it comes to guys?

My relationships never last long. I’ve never been dumped—I always dump my BFs. Two weeks is the longest I’ve had a boyfriend. I’m too picky and expect...

im tall, i have blonde hair and blue eyes and play soccer, basketball, and softball. I talk to the guys at the school, but they all just ignore me. Do you have any advice for me? I really want a bf this year!
Thanks for reading!

Hey girl! Try striking up a convo with a guy who plays one of your sports.  You'll have tons to talk about!  Once you've chatted with him for awhile, be friendly, but not flirty (unless he's flirting with you).  Focus on being friends with guys and once you've tackled that, move on to flirting with them! xoxo
Kate G.

by alliestyles on 8/7/2012 11:42:01 AM

Mod Mod Mod
There is this guy who i really like. He was on my brothers baseball team and he was reaaly nice and hot. I think he may have liked me, at least a little, he kept looking at me, and smiling. The only problem is that in the fall, he's going to a boarding school and i'm never gonna see him again! Do you have any advice for me? Thank you so much for reading!
XOXO

Hey girl! I've answered your question already! Check on the other posts you commented on! xoxo

Kate G.

by alliestyles on 8/7/2012 11:38:06 AM

I have a HUGE crush on a guy in school. I want to go out with him, but he won't make the first move. Also I'm really shy with boys so I'm a little too shy to make the first move. What should I do? Also, if I go out with him I'm worried my friends might tease me about going out with him. They might tease me like saying he's ugly, or laugh and bug me about why I would go out with HIM. What should I do if they tease me?

Hey girlie,

Instead of being worried about "making the first move," try something a little more subtle - just talk to him more! Add him on Facebook, make small talk in the cafeteria, text if you have his number, smile and say hey if you see him around the pool/the mall/the movie theater. If you get to know each other better, he'll feel a little more comfy around you and might be able to get the guts to make that first move Smile As for your friends, if you decide to date him, that's YOUR decision. Don't let them bring you down or change your mind! You like him for a reason, so show them why. Tell them about his killer taste in music, his sense of humor, his tennis skill, etc. Show them your crush through YOUR eyes and be firm when you tell them you like him. That's what matters!
Lauren C.

by ARIANA_Grande on 7/22/2012 9:17:42 PM

My best friend is dating this guy that we both like. He knows we both like him and doesn't mind. I let her have him, to be nice. We three hung out together and he payed more attention to me than her. I'm pretty sure she didn't even notice. He was playing volley ball with his friends and asked only me to come over and play, not her. What should I do?

hey! since they're dating you have to stay out of the relationship, even if you like him. Try not to flirt with him and stuff, cause he's your friend's bf and it just wouldn't be nice

Helen S.

by Julia955 on 7/17/2012 7:43:41 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Okay well theres this boy and hes really cute,sweet,and likes me back...well actually i guess we go out now.but hes 3 years younger(which i dont care bout)but hes shorter than me too.idk if i should just be happy or weirded out.im mean hes tooo adorable but the height thing freaks me out!

Hey babe,

I can understand that getting on your nerves, but when it comes down to it, is that really on the same level as all the other good qualities about him?  Think about it, chica, is his height really that important or just something to get used to?
Jordan S.

by Grdogs on 7/16/2012 11:08:34 PM

This year, one of my BFFs started dating a guy who I've known since I was a baby and our families are great friends. I've been hanging with this guy for my whole life. However, last year he started acting like he didnt know who I was, and I actually heard him publicly deny that he even knew my name or anything else about me! We still talk, but we arent as good of friends. This guy treats my girl like crud! He whispers to his friends about her emotional side, he ignores her in public, he lies to her, and when they were in a fight, he relied on ME to tell her that he was sorry! Even though they are both my friends, they are both not ready for a relationship if they need a messenger to talk to each other. I've tried to tell my friend this, but she gets mad at my for getting involved and despite how this guy has hurt my feelings before, says that I dont know anything about this situation. I know that this isnt nessessarily my bizz, but its my shoulder she cries on!

Hey babe, it's great that you're looking out for your pal, but sometimes you just gotta let your girlies make their own mistakes. If you've told her your opinion, then that's the best you can do. Just try to be supportive and be patient. She'll come around.
Carrie R.

by cmfox99 on 7/16/2012 4:53:37 PM

Im just the same way. The guy has to be the way io like him or it's just not going to work out. I think it's okay to be this way right now while were 'young'. Keep it real though.

by TrueGirl14 on 7/14/2012 8:24:23 PM

This is very good that you have high expectations for yourself with guys. However, everyone including guys make mistakes. Depending on the mistake though, I would dump them. If they are mentally, emotionally, or physically abused, this is one thing. But if guys sometimes forget to call when he says he will, or maybe gives a "flirty smile" to the waitress at the restaurant, in each relationship, it's going to be hard to hold on to someone. If you feel there being distant for a few days try asking them what's up, and see what they have to say. They may need some breathing room, for reasons that probably have nothing to do with you. Maybe he got in a fight with his parents, feels pressured with school, any number of reasons. Try and see the whole picture!! Once you get this down( it's hard, but you will) you will see which guys are worth keeping, and which ones you can move on from. Oh, and as for hs guy friends, when they're hangin out, ask your bffs to come along!

by sammydog90Fl on 7/13/2012 10:18:12 PM

Hey kwr3000, no worries chica. You're not the first to have difficulty flirting and attracting guys. Once you get comfortable being around them and talking with them, they'll be chasing you. Click the links below for articles on overcoming shyness and flirting. It's really easy!

i'm slightly boy crazy. the problem? i've asked boys that i really liked out a few times before but every time i got rejected! one time i slow danced with one of my guy friends and that's the closest i ever came to "going out" with someone. i know that if a boy is really worth my time, he'll like me for who i am but i tend to be really weird and awkward and whenever i become close with a crush and i try to "flirt" i end up totally blowing any chance I ever had with them with my awkwardness. any advice? Lynae P.

by kwr3000 on 7/11/2012 6:02:58 PM

Are you serious. No bodys perfect.You should at least give them a chance. If u keep that up word will get out and no guy will want to date you.

by hungergamesfan on 7/8/2012 9:09:37 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I have a huge problem!ok so there is these three guys that are good friends,one is my BGF and possibly the love of my life he likes me but he has a gf,then theres his friend that i sorta have a crush on and he likes me back,lastly theres their other friend that likes me but i dont like him.well yesterday was 4th of july nd was hanging out with the guy i dont like but i got caught up in the fireworks nd we ended up kissing.Now the guy i like is super upset and my BGF is telling the guy i kissed to forget about him and go for me.thats exactly what hes doing to cuz he keeps begging me to go out with him but i like the guy thats upset and actually love my BGF! please help i now i messed up BIG time!

Hey girl,

Eek, this is one of the dangers of being so involved in a group of friends - being close friends, having crushes on them, etc. can get sticky because they all talk and they're all watching each other's moves. The best thing to do is just be honest here. Speak one-on-one with each of them - first, the guy you kissed. Tell him the honest truth, that you got caught up in the moment and you think he is an amazing friend, but you would be better staying friends than anything else. Apologize and ask him if he can put it behind him so you can be friends again. Next with your BGF, tell him you appreciate him getting involved and looking out for his friends, but you don't like his friend "like that" so you really don't want your BGF pushing him toward you, making him think he has a shot. Be frank with him and ask him if he could stop encouraging him so he doesn't get even more hurt. Lastly, the guy you really like - the obvious thing to do might make you a little nervous, but here it is: tell him yes, the kiss did happen. You aren't proud of it, but you're not going to deny it. But then tell him you see that guy as a friend - a great friend, but just a friend. And here is your moment - tell him how you really feel about him. Tell him you know he has a GF, but that's how you feel. If he loves his GF, then he doesn't get the right to be upset about the choices YOU make in your love life. But if he really cares about you and wants to make something of it - then his opinion really matters. I think this is an opportunity for you to lay those options out on the table for him and see how it goes <3
Lauren C.

by Grdogs on 7/5/2012 5:39:54 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!
I really like my step-brother's best friend. My brother is only five months older than me (we're both 14), but half of the time he reffers to me as his "little sister". His best friend is only a month older than me, but I'm afraid he won't like me back because I'm Danny's little sister. I'm not a very shy person, and sometimes I'll hang out with the both of them (like when they had a sleepover, they needed someone to help them with prank calls, and then after that we all watched the X-Games). But I just really don't know how to get out of the "Little Sister Zone"! Help?!?! Thanks!

Hey girl!  As long as you're hanging out with them, he probably sees you as a friend, too!  He may be hesitant to date you because he's friends with your step-brother, but if you really want to go for it, tell him! xoxo

Kate G.

by whycantibeaninjaturtletoo on 7/5/2012 1:45:03 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Ok soo wen I waz hangin out wid my bff nd her bf my ex all those emotions I tried soo hard to get rid of came back with one laugh and he said he'd brake up wid her for me but I don't wanna hurt her we've been friends since kindergarden

Hey girl!  No boy is worth ditching your bestie!  Don't tell her about what he said and try not to spend time with him, this boy sounds like bad news for you!  Look for a new guy who makes you feel just as good as this one without all of the BFF drama. Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by DD36219 on 7/5/2012 1:29:16 PM

I don't really have a say with guys haha. Please come check out my advice queen page. I really really love helping everyone out and I will try to help with anything. Come check out my profile and don't be afraid to ask!

by topchef88 on 7/5/2012 1:20:47 PM

mod mod mod
ok so my bf and i broke up 2 weeks ago and im really sad and miss him like crazy! what should i do, ive been trying to get over him but its really hard. any help?

Hey girl!  That really hurts, I'm sure.  Breakups are tough but I promise it will get better.  The best thing to do in this situation is to distract yourself,  constantly obsessing over your ex will only make you miss him more.  Make sure to hang out with friends and family that will support you if you want to talk about it, but also make you have some fun!  Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by haileygab on 7/5/2012 2:10:32 AM

I'm not picky when it comes to guys.

by Princess Keziyah on 7/4/2012 12:38:28 PM

I have started running this summer but lately it has been really hot and I can't go outside. I usually don't run in the evenings because I get side cramps from my dinner, and I hate running on a treadmill because it hurts my knees. Besides running in the morning, is there anything else I can do to stay in shape for running? Thanks in advance Smile

Hey babe, that's great that you're getting into running! And it is definitely a challenge to keep up the exercise when it's a billion degrees outside. Besides running in the morning, you can try shadier routes during the day and just run 30 seconds to a minute slower than usual. Or you can do some cross training and mix things up by going biking or swimming. Swimming is one of the best ways to work out your entire bod, and it is surprisingly hard. So keep up the good work, sistah, and don't let this heat get ya down!
Carrie R.

by fallsb-ball on 7/4/2012 12:12:51 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod!
I got my period today. It's not the first time. But, anyways, I hate to have red on Red white and blue day! Is there anyway to make my period go away faster or to make the cramps more bearable? Thanks!

Hey girl, unfortunately, periods just always seem to come at the most inconvenient times. There's not really anything that'll make it go away faster. For the cramps, (aside from taking meds) just make sure that you're getting active today because moving around will actually make them not as bad. And the good part of having your period on a holiday is that there will be lots of things that'll distract you from your cramps. Sometimes all ya need is an activity to take your mind off the pain, and then you'll find that it just goes away.
Carrie R.

by ziirnn on 7/4/2012 11:28:39 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD! Please help! My mom just waxed my upper lip and now it's really red. The kit we used came with an aloe lotion to put on after, and I did. It's been about 20 minutes and it is still beat red. My mom says it will be gone by tomorrow, but my BGF is coming over in an hour and I don't want to explain that I had a mustache! What should I do? The aloe lotion was applied about 15 minutes ago, but I'm still really red. Should I apply cool water to the area, or use some sort of lotion? It's really embarrasing! Thanks.

Hey babe, sorry waxing has caused you such problems. A cool compress is a good idea. And then you'll just have to wait for the redness to fade. It should go away soon. Just try not to touch the area with your hands and don't put any makeup on it today. Good luck!
Carrie R.

by soccerbeagle98 on 7/4/2012 10:24:16 AM

I'm so picky when it comes to guys!!!

Love shopping? Need style advice? Live for fashion? If you answered yes to any of these questions then my club, Fashion Blogs is for you! We share fashion and beauty tips, sales at our fave stores, our outfits of the day, new trends, polls, and quizzes! We also talk about celeb fashion and even have monthly contests! Positions are open to apply for too!
Please join now!
♥dancer♥

by dancer2998 on 7/4/2012 10:02:54 AM

tomorrow I'm going to a street dance. Its for all ages and I
need something cute and comfy.

Hey babe, try a cute short skirt and a fitted tee. You can either wear flip flops or some sweet tennies, depending on what's comfiest. And maybe see if ya can't follow a red, white, and blue theme for the holiday.
Carrie R.