Bridget M.

is modding

9 HOURS AGO 6 heart-pumpin' holiday jams to jam out to: http://t.co/ZcwVtiUtBF

12 HOURS AGO Tired of people thinking you're the dumb girl? http://t.co/H9Pby1wY88

13 HOURS AGO Gorgeous winter skin in just 4 easy steps: http://t.co/ZkWi31pHvW

COMMENTS

Totally Ab-sessed: Your favorite six pack workouts

When we asked GL readers to spill their favorite gut-busters, the response was overwhelming. You girls love to torch those tummies—here are your best-ever moves for getting...

Hey GL mods
I just wanted to say that Girl's Life is totally amazing. I'm always excited to get the new issue and I check the site everyday. Your advice is always so helpful. It helps me to not feel so alone and encourages me to encourage others. Thank you so much for what y'all do.
Xoxoxox
-Alleigh

Hey Alleigh,

You are so sweet! Thanks so much - we're glad to help and always here for ya Smile Thanks for supporting GL and always coming back for more! <3
Lauren C.

by Acutiebookworm on 7/5/2012 8:15:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi, Im on my period this week and im starting a sports camp monday. It is only for like 3 hours every other day but im worried about my period. I dont use tampons but if i just used a big pad and wore dark shorts, will i be okay? I dont want to have a problem. Any advice? thanks

Hey girlie,

It's hard to predict, because your period could be different each time. On heavier days it might feel uncomfy/could possibly leak, but as long as you can change your pads regularly you should be fine. Still though, I would feel SO much more comfortable wearing a tampon. That way, you don't have to worry about leaking if you move in a certain way, sweating, feeling dirty, etc. It's up to you though - if you don't want to use tampons, the pad is your only option, so go for the bigger pad and be good about changing it right after you're done with intense exercise <3
Lauren C.

by kkkahy on 7/5/2012 7:41:55 PM

I've done the "Roll With It" one before; it's super fun! Smile

by fallsb-ball on 7/5/2012 7:41:16 PM

So I saved up $300 this summer, (so far!), to give to my parents to as a surprise to pay for my dance tuition... Only to realize that I wasn't going to do dance this year. What do I do with it? Should I save it or splurge it? Find other ways to give it to my parents? Giving it to them for other extracurriculars isn't an option because you pay by lesson. Thanks!

Hey girlie,

That's great you saved so much! It's great to have money saved up just in case you ever need it (for a lesson, for a special gift, for a rainy day, etc.), so personally I would probably put a big portion into the bank - maybe like $200. Then, use the rest for a good old splurge Smile Research your purchase and make sure it's something you really want though, because you worked hard to save all that cash - you don't wanna waste it now that it's not going toward the original thing you wanted Smile
Lauren C.

by svds on 7/5/2012 5:18:30 PM

MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
I will be camping with my family and three little kids. I am the only teenager there and they always ask me to babysit. I looked on the babysitting activities page on GL, but I couldn't find ways for the activities to work for camping. Any ideas?? Also, I will have TONS of downtime since it's for a week and I need some ideas on what to do. I will be leaving on Sunday. I have books and music but do you have any other ideas?? Thanks so much!!! You girls are great at answering questions, thank you so much.

Hey girl,

Try to work with what's around you! Are there places to swim? Tons of birds, butterflies, or other bugs that you could turn into a "scavenger hunt"/educational (but fun) tour? You could probably find worksheets or photos online, or even just make a list of common objects you might find at the campsite - then go out with the kids and try to get them to find each item on the list. Whoever finishes first wins! Smile
Lauren C.

by Mtoles on 7/5/2012 5:06:18 PM

mod mod mod
I'm going to camp in a week and there's this guy name David that's going. me and david always go to camp the same week. I like him, but camps only five days andd I really want to get to know him! David likes me too though. at the end of camp each year he tells me that he likes me but I'm good for him so that's why he tells me at the end. I really want to tell him I like him at the beginning of camp so we can talk a lot but I don't what to say or how to or where to. he's only one year older than me. but another problem is, is that he flirts with other girls by talking a lot to them. he tried hugging me at the end of camp but I was to scared and walked away. whenever a girl asks him if they like him tough he says no...

Hey chica!  Let him know you like him the same way he tells you he likes you!  If he goes to hug you hello, go for it!  It'll let him know you're comfortable with him.  If he says no, then remember camp is only five days, but take the chance and it might have a great pay off.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by yorkielover88 on 7/5/2012 3:37:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
im embarrassed to work out and i really want to but i dont want to tell my mom how do i become less mbarrassed and im going on va-ca with my bestie in a week what work outs do you recomend thx sooooo much

Hey girl! Don't be embarrassed, no one looks great while working out!  Focus on how your body feels (it may hurt and you may be tired, but afterward you'll feel good about yourself!).  We have a whole Health and Fitness section, so check that out for tons of workouts so you can find one that you can do in your room, so you don't have to be embarrassed or tell your mom!  xoxo

Kate G.

by juliacar on 7/5/2012 2:10:19 PM

Want to be on the big screen one day? Ache to be a singer? Wish you could model? We're the club for you. Lights, Camera, Action gives you advice on the best ways for you to snatch that career and start living your dream. Who says dreams are only for our heads? This club will also help you out in sticky situations, boys, friends, and inner beauty. Join Lights, Camera, Action!

by pretty123 on 7/5/2012 1:51:23 PM

So this guy and I have been talking over facebook. ALOT. I think I like him (& I think he might like me), but I like this other guy who I see 2 times a week & have liked for a whole year. What should I do? PLEASE HELP!

Hey girl!  It's totally okay to be crushing on two guys, but if you're looking for a boyfriend, you'll have to pick one or the other.  Wait until you KNOW whether you're crushin' on the Facebook guy, and if you are, decide which one would be a better BF for you.  Good luck!  xoxo

Kate G.

by jordansmith on 7/5/2012 1:45:49 PM

do ab exercises burn fat in your stomach?

Hey chica!  Ab exercises tone the muscles in your abs, cardio is the only thing that really burns a significant amount of fat!  xoxo

Kate G.