4 HOURS AGO Setting the alarm to wake up for school tomorrow *crying a little inside*

4 HOURS AGO BTS shopping already done? We know a true fashionista is never REALLY done shopping, especially for fall!: http://t.co/aoMznFbTBq

6 HOURS AGO Favorite if you put off your homework until last minute on sunday! #Procrastinator #AndIllDoItAgain

COMMENTS

Totally Ab-sessed: Your favorite six pack workouts

When we asked GL readers to spill their favorite gut-busters, the response was overwhelming. You girls love to torch those tummies—here are your best-ever moves for getting...

Try dancing along to any beyonce music video. She is always moving. I recommend love on top and single ladies, because they are so upbeat and fun

by fashionista997 on 3/13/2013 6:42:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD !!
after I do crunches or sit ups my neck hurts. Is this normal? If not, what am I doing wrong?

Crunches shouldn't hurt your neck. Make sure that you're using your abdominal muscles to pull you up instead of your back or neck. Cross your arms over your chest instead of putting them behind your head to relieve some pressure from your neck.

Lauren T.

by fashionista997 on 3/3/2013 5:32:48 PM

no matter what i do my stomach fat wont go away its driving me insain!! why?

by popgirl79 on 1/2/2013 7:46:03 PM

What are some other good workouts for your abs besides these?

Hey girl, there are tons of different workouts available, and different ones work for different people. Try taking a look at our list of workouts here: http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by VictoriaBieberz on 9/17/2012 7:29:06 PM

I think this is really good for me to try out!

by AquaDragon on 8/26/2012 7:29:18 PM

hey girls life!!
when we go swimming at school i always notice the boys staring at all the girls and and talking to one another about us! im not sure why it is, is it that there making of our body shape? i need hellppp

by cool_chrissy on 8/23/2012 8:30:33 PM

I REALLY WANT TO TONE MY STOMACH SO DO QUITE A LOT OF EXERCISES TO TONE MY TUMMY!! SO THE OTHER DAY I DID ABOUT 90 SIT UPS AND NOW MY TUMMYS SORE WHAT SHOULD I DO? OR IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO DO TO HELP THE PAIN? THANK YOU GIRLS LIFE!!!

by cool_chrissy on 8/23/2012 8:23:44 PM

I started working out, focusing on my legs, tying to get them toned. But I just gained muscle and now my legs are way bigger than before. I run a mile everyday with a small incline on my tread mill. Is that why? How do I get them slim again? Thank you

Hey girlie,

You built muscle down there and made your legs strong, so that's why! Try to swap out half your cardio each week with an activity to help your muscles get long and lean. Pilates is PERF for that! Smile

Lauren C.

by highschool1 on 8/17/2012 12:59:01 AM

Mod
I am working on getting a little more fit. I am not pretty skinny but I have very little muscle. When I wear skinny near I get a fat hanging out the top of my jeans, it looks really gross and I've tried buying bigger sized jeans but the problem wasn't fixed, is there anything else I could try?

Hey girl--

Drink more water and avoid salty food to banish bloat that may be causing the issue. We can't control where we store our fat but why not trying the workout on this post to tone up a bit?

good luck!
simone s.

by cookie99 on 8/14/2012 3:19:52 PM

i wanna lose some weight before i start school.i need some help with the belly area.i do crunches but they dont seem to work.i play basketball so im active but i never really see a difference.plzz help

Hey girlie! Crunches only tone, they don't actually burn fat.  The only way to burn fat is to get your heart rate up with some cardio.  Try going for a run or something else that gets your breathing hard and sweating.  There's also no way to target WHERE you'll lose weight, so your belly might not be the first place to lose weight when you work out.  xoxo

Kate G.

by i<3bball on 8/7/2012 12:54:15 PM

Is my weight and measurments in my range? I am 13 height- 4'9 weight-((measurements edited by mod)) Thanks. Plus is it weird to b so short with my ugh shape? Thanks and Love ya all Smile

Hey girl,

If you have questions about the average weight for your height/frame and are concerned about being healthy, you should talk to your doctor and ask all your questions to him/her! We're not qualified to tell you if you're "normal" or not - only a professional, aka a doctor, can tell you that Smile
Lauren C.

by kenzielynn on 7/29/2012 11:40:59 PM

Join a swim team!!!! Iv never had fat on my abs and its jistcuz of my daily work outs!!!! It works plus swimming is a awesome and fun sport!!!! Go Nathan and Dana!!!! Lol

by kenzielynn on 7/29/2012 11:36:59 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!Well I'm Twelve and I have a pear shape kind of. I need to loose weight in thights, butt and tummy any advice would be also me.

Hey girl,

Check out our Workouts section for tons of great workouts that target all sorts of areas. Pick the ones that work best for you!

Lauren C.

by resse12 on 7/29/2012 10:22:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
okay soo heres the deal: all the girls at my school are rlly skinny and im like a balloon! i think ima hourglass shape though cause i DO have some curves. I feel rlly fat so i want to try to lose weight by the time i go back to school in september. I need to know some fast, effectiv ways to loose weight on my....1.THIGHS!!!......2.tumy..........3.arms.
i also need to know some healthy eating habbits and recipies because i love chips and chocolat and stuff but its making me really fat! please help!

Hey girl!

Here are links to some GL articles that have workouts specifically for those problem areas"

For recipes, check out any of the recipes here: Recipes. There are even some recipes for sweets (like cupcakes or cookies) that are still yummy but not as calorie-high as a normal sweet treat. Good luck!
Kelly G.

by TikiPower(; on 7/25/2012 9:08:38 AM

Mod mod mod!
OK so im not in shape, at all. But in may I am doing a mini marathon (13.1 miles) and i am also doing a 5k mudrun. I need some training tips. Got any?

Helen S.

by Angel07 on 7/23/2012 5:49:37 PM

I'm working out well and everything but I can never control my eating. I get hungry very easily. Does anyone else feel this way?

by jellyfish1999 on 7/19/2012 6:22:09 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I dont do any sports, except I might start gymnastics in septemeber/october. I want to be in shape,but im having trouble excercising without playing a sport. I want a bikini bod by the end of the summer. My summer ends later than most peoples, it ends in september, so i have some time. Any ideas on good workouts?
P.S. I love these and ill give them a try, but aside from them.

Hey girl! Check out this page for oodles of workouts that you can do without being on a team! xoxo

Kate G.

by PandaLover0330 on 7/19/2012 12:56:29 PM

MODMODMOD MOD MOD
Ok, these are all great but what can I do to decrease breast size? And Exersices I can do? THANKYOU! Smile

Hey girl!  Sometimes losing weight helps reduce breast size, but there is no guarantee that you will lose weight in your chest.  Other than that, there are no ways to reduce breast size.  Sorry!  xoxo

Kate G.

by Catyperry12 on 7/18/2012 12:35:05 PM

Hey. I know this is random but I have a club called the Dressage Informer and i would really appreciate it if some of you could join it.

by sparklycupcake2000 on 7/17/2012 4:43:36 PM

-pinkcoconut-
I'm no expert, but maybe you are simply gaining muscle while losing fat...

by Freakout911 on 7/13/2012 7:57:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay so I am wondering how to have a good workout. Like I don't know how many to do of anything or what to workout every day or anything. I have a stomach I DON'T want and I have dance for the first time this summer on Tuesday and I will wear a tank top but I don't want people to see my fat stomach. It's not that bad but it is there. HELP!

Hey girl,

We have TONS of workouts available on GL, under the Health & Fitness section. There's so many to choose from, so take a look and see what works best for you - they all tell you how many of each pose to do and things like that. Also remember to eat healthy - exercise alone won't give you results, you have to have a healthy diet as well!
Kelly G.

by rissa99 on 7/13/2012 4:30:50 PM

mod mod mod!!
I've been trying to loose weight especially in my stomach. I'm about 5'7" and I weighed myself and I feel and look like I've been getting smaller but when I weighed myself I didn't loose anything. I've always have been very muscular I have very toned legs and thighs; I have a lot of muscle. How can I loose my stomach fat and loose weight. I've been doing workouts, but I haven't lost anything I maybe even gained weight I've been eating healthier, and still no results... please help. Thanks!

Hey girl,

If you've been eating healthy and doing workouts (consistently!), then you just need to be patient. It takes dedication and hard work to lose weight, and it sounds like you're doing everything right so you just need to keep that up. There's no set time that you will see an improvement, your body will work that out on its own. Keep up the good work and you will see improvements soon!
Kelly G.

by Em11ily on 7/13/2012 4:10:19 PM

Hey! So I have been doing the Self magazine workouts everyday. On top of that, I am in competitive swimming, so I swim for 1 hour, 3-4 days a week. And I have been trying to make at least 2 meals from the Self magazine/day too, which are about 300-500cal. per meal. Its been almost a month now, but I haven't seen results. I really want to lose weight, but it seems like I just cant. Is it too much exercise? Or too much/too little food? What is stopping me and how can I lose the weight?

by pinkcoconut on 7/13/2012 3:14:08 PM

MOD!
I am a little overweight but my legs are skinny. Are there any exercised to lose more weight on my belly. I really want to but I have no idea what a good workout would be.

Hey girl!

Unfortunately it's hard to target your weight loss. But you can totally tone up those abs by doing crunches and checking out our fitness tab for awesome ab exercises. Other than strength workouts, running and any cardio workout is awesome for burning fat, especially in the belly area.

Catherine C.

by :)PinkFriday<33 on 7/13/2012 12:59:06 PM

MOD!
Do you know any good ways to get rid of thigh and butt fat? What kind of exercises can I do? Also, what kinds of food are good for burning fat and what foods are not good to eat? Thanks!

Hey cutie!

Squats and lunges are the BEST way to totally tone up your thighs and butt and get rid of that fat. A lot of people think they will only build muscle by doing this, but it's not true! Squats and lunges totally slim down the legs and butt. Also check out our fitness section for more toning ideas. For your food, it's best to eat an overall healthy diet. Don't eat fried foods and try to avoid packaged/processed foods as much as you can. Instead, eat lots of leafy green vegetables, fruits, whole grains, meats, and some dairy products. Spicy foods and grapefruits are good for burning fat too!

Catherine C.

by ilovehamsters77 on 7/13/2012 11:00:13 AM

ill try the roll thing tomorrow!

by su5m99 on 7/12/2012 9:58:09 PM

Modmodmod
I'm going to a week long camp on the 22nd, and I want to look great. How can I get the best bikini worthy bod possible by then? I'm pretty slim, but I want my abs to look extra toned and for my thighs to not be AS jiggly. I know I won't be able to get fantastic results in only 10 days, but I want to look the best possible. I run every morning, Monday-Friday. What exercises should I do on top of that? And what are some tips to cut a major snacking habit? This Saturday, I'm going to go shopping with my friends for camp clothes. But I'm pretty short on money. We were thinking about going to a few different thrift stores to try and find some good deals. Is that a good idea? If not, where can we go to get 100-degree-weather-worthy clothes for cheap? And lastly, I have stretch marks all over my thighs! I don't know why--I wear a size 0 or 1 in jeans. When I wear my bathing suit they're super obvious. I have a ton on my boobs, as well. How do I get rid of them?
Thanks SO much!!!

Hey girl!  Maybe try some ab-toning exercises, check out the health section of the GL website for ideas.  To cut out snacking, replace your unhealthy snacks with healthier ones, like fruit or hummus and pita!  A thrift store is perfect for finding cute clothes for less cash, it is a fun way to bond with friends too Smile  You can also try stores like target.  As for stretch marks, they occur when you go through a growth spurt.  You can try some stretch mark creams that are sold at drugstores.  xxooo
Maggie P.

by Graciegang on 7/12/2012 3:04:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD i try to workout and loose weight because i think im fat but after a really hard workout i weigh more than i did before the workout is it because muscle weighs more and im building up muscle

Hey girl!  Getting fit isn't always about losing weight on the scale.  You can be fit and healthy by eating well and exercising regularly!  xxoo
Maggie P.

by awsomeness7 on 7/12/2012 2:21:09 PM

What is a good time during the day to go for a run because i need to start prepping for fall sports and i get up about 8 , should i get up earlier or wait until late evening?

Hey chica! Morning runs are great, since it isn't super hot out yet and it'll wake you up and get your active for the day.  Getting up at 8 is fine, just make sure you let your rents know where you are and what route you're takin'! xoxo

Kate G.

by niccer13 on 7/12/2012 11:20:48 AM

Mod
I'm fat. I've been eating less, I stopped eating sweets and I eat a balanced diet and I exercise everyday for 2 hours, but I can't lose weight. Is there something wrong with me?

Hey girlie,

There's nothing wrong with you! Losing weight and getting healthy takes time, dedication, and sometimes medical help. I don't mean that to sound crazy - I'm not suggesting surgery or pills or anything like that. But talking to a doctor about your body (and what you're doing to try to get more in shape) could really help you create a plan that will work for YOU! Everyone is unique, and not every diet/workout routine is going to work for every girl. <3 Be patient and don't be afraid to speak up about it!
Lauren C.

by lissie487 on 7/10/2012 11:45:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD so there is this girl i know she pretty and popular.we've talked before more once the other times we just say hi.i want to become closer to but i don't know how.im too shy to talk to her.but i want to be bffs with her.but i just dont know how.can you please help meFrown

by shayli123 on 7/10/2012 4:43:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD there is this girl that i know and we are not exactly friends but we've talked before.and she always smiles and says hi back when i greet her.but my problem is i dont just want to say hi to her i want to get to no her more and maybe even become best friends.but i dont know how to become her bestfriend or even talk to her.help please

Hey Girl-

That's great you've found someone you want to have as a new friend! Try starting a casual conversation with her by asking about her day or complimenting her on a piece of clothing. Don't focus on turning her into your BFF though-- you barely know her and that might scare her away.

best of luck!
simone s.

by shayli123 on 7/10/2012 4:35:17 PM

Wanna feel confident in your bikini? Join my club! Its called the Bikini Confidence club!In my club I will give you great advice!

by megacutie66 on 7/9/2012 3:06:27 PM

Hi I have two 5 month old kittens is there anyway I can exercise with them?

Hey girl!

Try dangling a stuffed animal mouse or some sort of toy that you KNOW they'll want to chase after. Once you find that object, run around your house with it, hopping, jumping, and running upstairs so that you and your sweet kittens get some good exercise!

Catherine C.

by megacutie66 on 7/9/2012 2:53:51 PM

I really need to exersise more but the problem is that I cant do push ups or sit ups and I dont have time to run and I dont want anybody to see me working out i want it to be a suprise but I need help with some good exersises that nobody will notice im doing

Hey cutie!

There are tons of great exercises you can do at home where nobody will be watching you...stairs, jump rope, workout videos (OnDemand, DirecTV, Verizon Fios have tons of great ones), even YouTube workout videos have great, simple exercises you can do at home. Also check out our workout tips in our Health & Fitness section!

Catherine C.

by megacutie66 on 7/9/2012 1:40:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
So I am a swimmer and I'm good at swimming. So the problem is that my goal is to make the Olympic Trials in 2016 and maybe make the team. But when people ask what my goals are in swimming I say that and they laugh! I know if I work really hard I can make it but should I give up or try to make it?

Hey girl!

I think you should definitely try and make it! Never listen to your doubters. If you believe in yourself then that's all that matters. Work hard and do your absolute best. It will feel so good to prove people wrong and show them that hard work does pay off. Even if you don't get to go to the trials, you can feel good about that fact that you put in a true effort. Good luck!
Rachael A.

by SuperSwimmer1 on 7/9/2012 8:01:01 AM

is there a way to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks when your 10?

by megacutie66 on 7/7/2012 10:39:26 PM

1 more question is sherbert good for a desert when your trying to eat healthy?

by megacutie66 on 7/7/2012 9:16:31 PM

I really want to lose 3 inches any links or ideas also tomorrow im going to go to the beach with my bff and I kind of want to ask her if she could be sorta my personal trainer but Im kind of scared what she will say I mean she is a nice person though But still I want to lose 3 inches I need Ideas and I kind off need them by today!

by megacutie66 on 7/7/2012 8:50:46 PM

Hey ChicGeek, I'm not exactly how to but I'm sure it can be done. If you absolutely cannot figure it out just be sure to never log on the account you don't want to uae. Hope this helps! Xx

Is there anyway I can delete my account? Or at least change my username(and my email)? Cause I made an account with my other email and it says it's invalid even though it's right(I checked 1,000 times) and I don't go on the email I have for this account now so it would be much better to use my other email.
Thanks! Lynae P.

by ChicGeek on 7/7/2012 3:29:27 PM

I always do roll with it and I didn't even know it was a workout!!! And I love hula hooping so I'll definitely do those two! Smile

by ChicGeek on 7/7/2012 3:26:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Sometimes I think I'm sucking in my stomach without knowing it because sometimes if feels more normal to let my stomach out. How do I know?

Hey girl,

Well, you'll know if you've been sucking in your stomach if you let go of whatever strain or hold on your stomach, and you feel relieved. It's common to suck in without realizing it - I do it all the time!
Kelly G.

by LovePeaceHope on 7/6/2012 2:16:36 PM

Hey! Do you struggle trying to find yourself? Do you feel trapped underneath your problems? Or do you just need someone to talk to? Check out my Advice Queen page or my Club, Fashion, Drama, Boys...Oh My!

by Actress-2-B on 7/6/2012 2:01:02 PM

i really want to tone up my legs (especialy my thighs) do you have any suggestions or links? it would be best if the workout(s) required no equipment and are really simple Smile

Hey cutie!

Squats squats squats! A lot of people think squatting and lunging will make legs bulkier, but it's not true! Squatting totally tones the legs and burns off fat, plus doesn't require any equipment. Running, dancing, and walking will also make your legs look amazing. Also check out this link for another awesome toning move: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/04/10/Love-your-legs-with-one-ace-move.aspx
Catherine C.

by 86cutie on 7/6/2012 10:17:17 AM

I'm going 2 an overnite camp in a few days and I'm on my period. if its still happening when I go 2 camp what should I do? it's gonna b a canoe trip so well b using pit toilets (ew) and we r gonna have 2 take a partner 2 go there. also we r sleeping in tents so I don't know what I should do with my used pads so the bears don't come and start sniffing around. any advice?

Hey girlie!

If you want to try out tampons, they can be great (and easier) to use at camp. If not, pads work too. When you go to the bathroom, take a close girlfriend and let her in on the situation...she can even help you if you get into a sticky situation. Bring some plastic zip-loc baggies and a good amount of toilet paper. When you're done with your pad, wrap it up in toilet paper and stick it in the plastic baggie.  Make sure to zip it tight! When you find a trash can you can dump it in there. Plastic bags should keep the smell and mess away! Ask your mom for more tips on how to keep your situation as clean as possible!
Catherine C.

by nutmeg814 on 7/6/2012 10:15:02 AM

I have a really oily forehead. It's covered in acne, and the shine is terrible. I want a way to hide it more this year, and I was wondering what is something I could do during school to hide it throughout the day? Have you tried the Clean and clear absorbing sheets? I hear they are good, but start acne. What do you recommend? Cleaning my face during the day isn't an option because we have 3 minute break periods. And we aren't allowed in the bathroom during lunch.

Hey girlie!

Any type of absorbing or oil blotting sheets would def be helpful for your situation. To cover up the acne, try a tinted moisturizer (so you don't have to use foundation at school) and lightly blend it. To cover up the oil, you could always use a light powder to eliminate the shine, and then have a pack of Clean & Clear oil blotting sheets in your backpack for those oily moments. Also, if you don't eat as many greasy/fried foods, that can reduce sweat and even oil!

Catherine C.

by georgetownroad on 7/6/2012 1:56:11 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I need help! I want to suprise my friends with a bikini body but I want to do it before summer's over so I can show it off at the beach so I need help fast! Please Help they will be so proud and I will finally feel confident in a bikini but I can't do sit ups or push ups Frown So I need help Now!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl!

The best thing to do is start eating healthy. Cut out all fried foods, and try to rely more on things you'd find at the farm. Processed foods are tasty sometimes but they're not the best for you...try fresh fruits, veggies, meat, and dairy. Get a well balanced meal, eat frequent small meals, and don't snack on junk food! Exercise is also important...if you don't want to do sit ups and push ups, try going on a jog or brisk walk. If you're dedicated you can totally do it!

Catherine C.

by megacutie66 on 7/6/2012 1:42:54 AM

Mod?
I was watching this Womens' channel where this lady helps you with your body with a work out partner, so, the lady did sit ups, going up the stairs very fast and stop for a while at the top of the stairs and switch legs while going down with the switched leg. My friend actually did that since she wanted some abs, but it only made her skinner from healthy! Frown Well, now she's trying to gain weight while burning calories on her dad's treadmill, she's always active but she gained 5 pounds every month for the past 2 and a half month! She got right back to where she was and I asked her to try this so she will start doing this... I hope it helps but before why did she lose weight and become skinnier?? Dx That confuses me the most!

Hey girlie,

Every body reacts differently to working out, so her body probably was burning calories/fat faster than it was toning up the muscles. Cardio especially is a fat burning exercise - and that's what she was doing. The crunches are great, but the stairs will really help you slim down if that's what you want to do. Since she didn't want that though, she could focus more on core exercises to target her belly muscles and help get definition there!
Lauren C.

by Susmita24 on 7/5/2012 11:39:31 PM

so i have a lil mole on my collarbone and its just kinda flat like a dark freckle, and today i scratched it i guess, and then it started bleeding a little! it sorta stings. should i be worried?
also im goin to soccer camp next week and i havent reallly been working out a lot until this week. any tips? and any must have things i should pack?
thanks a million Smile Smile

Hey girlie,

No need to worry - just put some Neosporin on it so the cut heals well, and try not to touch it/pick at it while it's still open. It's easy to snag those little moles/beauty marks, so don't stress. Just make sure you're taking care of the cut so it doesn't get infected and you'll be fine! As for soccer camp, remember that everyone there is going so they can learn more. You might feel tired or out of shape at first, but stick with it and work up your endurance. You'll be fine once you've been there for a couple days! Not sure what you should pack since I've never been to a soccer camp myself - do you have any older friends or a coach that you could ask? If not, I'd stick to undies, pads/tampons, athletic clothes, and socks. Don't forget deodorant! Smile
Lauren C.

by bunnehz on 7/5/2012 10:43:33 PM

The Fashion Queens
┊  ┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊  ★
┊  ┊  ☆
┊  ★

My club's title says it all. I'm a fashion queen. And you can be too! I've given fashion advice to all my buds. Such as which type of clothing fits their body shape to what color they should wear to make their eyes pop! Fashion doesn't just mean cute clothes, though. There's also jewelry, makeup, and hair! Get fashion advice speedy quick right here and now by girls who are around your age!

by Effervescent on 7/5/2012 10:36:30 PM

Hey GL mods
I just wanted to say that Girl's Life is totally amazing. I'm always excited to get the new issue and I check the site everyday. Your advice is always so helpful. It helps me to not feel so alone and encourages me to encourage others. Thank you so much for what y'all do.
Xoxoxox
-Alleigh

Hey Alleigh,

You are so sweet! Thanks so much - we're glad to help and always here for ya Smile Thanks for supporting GL and always coming back for more! <3
Lauren C.

by Acutiebookworm on 7/5/2012 8:15:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi, Im on my period this week and im starting a sports camp monday. It is only for like 3 hours every other day but im worried about my period. I dont use tampons but if i just used a big pad and wore dark shorts, will i be okay? I dont want to have a problem. Any advice? thanks

Hey girlie,

It's hard to predict, because your period could be different each time. On heavier days it might feel uncomfy/could possibly leak, but as long as you can change your pads regularly you should be fine. Still though, I would feel SO much more comfortable wearing a tampon. That way, you don't have to worry about leaking if you move in a certain way, sweating, feeling dirty, etc. It's up to you though - if you don't want to use tampons, the pad is your only option, so go for the bigger pad and be good about changing it right after you're done with intense exercise <3
Lauren C.

by kkkahy on 7/5/2012 7:41:55 PM

I've done the "Roll With It" one before; it's super fun! Smile

by fallsb-ball on 7/5/2012 7:41:16 PM

So I saved up $300 this summer, (so far!), to give to my parents to as a surprise to pay for my dance tuition... Only to realize that I wasn't going to do dance this year. What do I do with it? Should I save it or splurge it? Find other ways to give it to my parents? Giving it to them for other extracurriculars isn't an option because you pay by lesson. Thanks!

Hey girlie,

That's great you saved so much! It's great to have money saved up just in case you ever need it (for a lesson, for a special gift, for a rainy day, etc.), so personally I would probably put a big portion into the bank - maybe like $200. Then, use the rest for a good old splurge Smile Research your purchase and make sure it's something you really want though, because you worked hard to save all that cash - you don't wanna waste it now that it's not going toward the original thing you wanted Smile
Lauren C.

by svds on 7/5/2012 5:18:30 PM

MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
I will be camping with my family and three little kids. I am the only teenager there and they always ask me to babysit. I looked on the babysitting activities page on GL, but I couldn't find ways for the activities to work for camping. Any ideas?? Also, I will have TONS of downtime since it's for a week and I need some ideas on what to do. I will be leaving on Sunday. I have books and music but do you have any other ideas?? Thanks so much!!! You girls are great at answering questions, thank you so much.

Hey girl,

Try to work with what's around you! Are there places to swim? Tons of birds, butterflies, or other bugs that you could turn into a "scavenger hunt"/educational (but fun) tour? You could probably find worksheets or photos online, or even just make a list of common objects you might find at the campsite - then go out with the kids and try to get them to find each item on the list. Whoever finishes first wins! Smile
Lauren C.

by Mtoles on 7/5/2012 5:06:18 PM

mod mod mod
I'm going to camp in a week and there's this guy name David that's going. me and david always go to camp the same week. I like him, but camps only five days andd I really want to get to know him! David likes me too though. at the end of camp each year he tells me that he likes me but I'm good for him so that's why he tells me at the end. I really want to tell him I like him at the beginning of camp so we can talk a lot but I don't what to say or how to or where to. he's only one year older than me. but another problem is, is that he flirts with other girls by talking a lot to them. he tried hugging me at the end of camp but I was to scared and walked away. whenever a girl asks him if they like him tough he says no...

Hey chica!  Let him know you like him the same way he tells you he likes you!  If he goes to hug you hello, go for it!  It'll let him know you're comfortable with him.  If he says no, then remember camp is only five days, but take the chance and it might have a great pay off.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by yorkielover88 on 7/5/2012 3:37:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
im embarrassed to work out and i really want to but i dont want to tell my mom how do i become less mbarrassed and im going on va-ca with my bestie in a week what work outs do you recomend thx sooooo much

Hey girl! Don't be embarrassed, no one looks great while working out!  Focus on how your body feels (it may hurt and you may be tired, but afterward you'll feel good about yourself!).  We have a whole Health and Fitness section, so check that out for tons of workouts so you can find one that you can do in your room, so you don't have to be embarrassed or tell your mom!  xoxo

Kate G.

by juliacar on 7/5/2012 2:10:19 PM

Want to be on the big screen one day? Ache to be a singer? Wish you could model? We're the club for you. Lights, Camera, Action gives you advice on the best ways for you to snatch that career and start living your dream. Who says dreams are only for our heads? This club will also help you out in sticky situations, boys, friends, and inner beauty. Join Lights, Camera, Action!

by pretty123 on 7/5/2012 1:51:23 PM

So this guy and I have been talking over facebook. ALOT. I think I like him (& I think he might like me), but I like this other guy who I see 2 times a week & have liked for a whole year. What should I do? PLEASE HELP!

Hey girl!  It's totally okay to be crushing on two guys, but if you're looking for a boyfriend, you'll have to pick one or the other.  Wait until you KNOW whether you're crushin' on the Facebook guy, and if you are, decide which one would be a better BF for you.  Good luck!  xoxo

Kate G.

by jordansmith on 7/5/2012 1:45:49 PM

do ab exercises burn fat in your stomach?

Hey chica!  Ab exercises tone the muscles in your abs, cardio is the only thing that really burns a significant amount of fat!  xoxo

Kate G.

by FairyKari on 7/5/2012 1:41:12 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod!!
I have asthma & I don't do any sports, but I eat alot... & I'm 12 & ! pounds, & every one in my school is only ! pounds... I want to work out but Ican't because of my asthma! I want to do track but I CAN'T My mom won't let me take her inhaler to school (I don't have my own) & Its hard for me to run one lap in gym without it.
What should I do, convince my mom to get me an inhaler or just not do track?

Hey girl!  Talk to your doctor and see if you need an inhaler.  If you do, ask your mom if you can leave it in the nurse's office or with a coach if you are doing sports/in gym class.  You may weigh more than your classmates because you're teller or getting ready for a growth spurt, so don't worry about weight, just try and stay in shape for you.  It's important that you start all of this with a talk with your doctor, since he or she can help you more, since they know your medical history.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Sami_McDoodle on 7/5/2012 1:23:44 PM

Modmodmod
I do fencing twice a week 2 hours each time. I was wondering what fencing exercises. For our lessons we do an hour of fencing each other 10 minutes of running and walking with intervals of different things like taking a few steps and doing a high kick or skipping or doing cross step than we do stretching for another 5- 10 minutes then we practice lunging advancing and retreating and other fencing moves then we do about 30 minutes of practicing blade work. Thanks!

Hey chica! Sounds like you're exercising, but focusing on your legs.  The blade work is working your arms, and if you're keeping your core activated in these workouts (like you should!), you're working your abs.  good job!

Kate G.

by myipodrox16 on 7/5/2012 1:23:01 PM

I dance in my room. I totally need a new hula hoop.

by Princess Keziyah on 7/5/2012 12:16:56 PM

MODMODMOD
So I'm doing sailing this summer for 4 weeks (this is the last day of the second week) and I was wondering what sailing exercises the most. Also, I may be doing contemporary dance this year, and I was wondering what that excercises also. Thanks Smile

Hey girl!  I know dance exercises your whole body.  As for sailing,  it also exercises your whole body

(arms, chest, abs, legs!)  Have fun! xxoo
Maggie P.

by miaboo123 on 7/5/2012 10:48:57 AM

Hula hooping is really good. I have this thing called hoopnotica and I can do all sorts of tricks with mine. Just put some ear buds in and dance with your hoop Smile

by topchef88 on 7/5/2012 10:36:32 AM

please jion my club living a healthy life its all about getting healthy and fit it is super fun and friendly please jion!!!! we are also in need of officers

by RIANBOWUNICORN <3 on 7/5/2012 10:26:13 AM

I really want to try to get healthy and fit this year. My goal is to try and do cross-country in the fall at school. I have never been really active. My goal for the summer is to become fit. I just started yesterday but I have given up sweets like ice cream. The only suggary thing i had yesterday was chocolate milk. Do you have any ideas on healthy recepies and good workouts?
Thanks

Hey girl!  Check out the fitness section of GL for lots of awesome recipes and workout!  Remember to always be healthy by eating well and exercising.  Good luck in cross-country, I did that in high school and had so much fun! xxoo
Maggie P.

by EGJplay on 7/5/2012 9:47:16 AM

Great ideas!!! I do roll with it all the time and i didn't even know it was a workout!

Love shopping? Need style advice? Live for fashion? If you answered yes to any of these questions then my club, Fashion Blogs is for you! We share fashion and beauty tips, sales at our fave stores, our outfits of the day, new trends, polls, and quizzes! We also talk about celeb fashion and even have monthly contests! Positions are open to apply for too!
Please join now!
♥dancer♥

by dancer2998 on 7/5/2012 9:36:29 AM

I do a thing called "lemon squeezes". It's like doing normal crunches except you lift your knees off the ground everytime you sit up. It show amazing results and keeps ya toned!

by brenlxl on 7/5/2012 9:03:01 AM

i want to try the roll with it! finally! a workout that sounds fun Smile

by tswiftluver13 on 7/5/2012 1:03:14 AM